A Spirited Valentine ...

disneylandcm

Not the point. The reality is that SW in DL is a horrible decision. And Marvel in DCA isn't much better. ... This IP, if it is as popular and evergreen as The Weatherman believes, would have worked well in its own park -- and taken some of the strain off the existing two. The reality now is a third gate in Anaheim is about as likely as a fifth gate in Orlando (that means it will never happen).
I completely agree with you. I am very disappointed that SWE and Marvel weren't planned for the third gate. I believe that you are correct that it will never happen.

biggsd

Having gone to DLR for the first time this past year (our only fear: our children on an airplane...frankly, no reason for that fear), my wife and I decided that we actually PREFER DLR to WDW, particularly if you have small children. The rides are better for kids, the lines (we went in January) weren't terrible, the weather was perfect, and both parks are much easier to walk. My wife actually has said she'd much rather do DLR and DCL than going back to WDW, which surprised me. That said, I tend to agree...

tissandtully

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? Nobody can say we remove posts for such reasons.

If your statement was true, I don't think @WDW1974 would have any posts visible, and the forum would be down a few hundred thousand posts from others who share a similar view.
I don't know, I had a post edited by mods because I asked about the mood in Glendale around designing the new POTUS AA in this same thread... seems to be inconsistently enforced, fwiw.

truecoat

Having gone to DLR for the first time this past year (our only fear: our children on an airplane...frankly, no reason for that fear), my wife and I decided that we actually PREFER DLR to WDW, particularly if you have small children. The rides are better for kids, the lines (we went in January) weren't terrible, the weather was perfect, and both parks are much easier to walk. My wife actually has said she'd much rather do DLR and DCL than going back to WDW, which surprised me. That said, I tend to agree...

My original visit to the DLR back in 2006 was because my wife didn't want to do theme parks for a week. I pivoted to California and enjoyed 3 days at the DLR and 4 days doing other things around Cali. My thought was at least I can ride some Disney rides but I ended up liking Disneyland as my favorite theme park.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Always feel really bad for the parents who have very small children on planes because the kids are upset because they must stay in seats and the pain from pressurization changes they don't know how to deal with except by crying.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
In the news department, WDW (this may be old news here again as I've been out of the loop a bit) has recently cracked down on three (to my knowledge) bloggers/podcasters (two who I am familiar with and one that I have never heard of) for reporting things that are false.

My very strong opinion isn't that said bloggers are truly being singled out for false stuff. That stuff has been put on the 'net since the mid-90s when fan talk online was in its infancy. No, I firmly believe that Disney is attacking the fake stuff because they're (other naughty word for angry) that a lot of true stuff is being leaked out and they don't have a clue how to stop it. Even owning so many of these BRAND advocates.

Starting to wonder what I might be able to leak before next month's shareholders meeting (where the Q&A will be embarrassing as always).

If another large organization 862 miles to the north can't stop leaks, why does Disney think it can?

TalkingHead

Spent the day at MK and the wait times looked like a day that in the past would have had phase closings.

By afternoon, the mountains were 90-140 min, Mansion was 90, Pirates was an hour, Jungle Cruise was 100+, the Fantasyland dark rides were an hour or two. Dumbo and Barnstormer were 75. Peoplemover's line was all the way to the edge of the Tomorrowland Speedway.

The Dwarfs ride was 60-70 min by 8:10 although the crowds didn't really pick up until 11 or so.

I know it's Spring Break, but I don't think I've ever seen wait times like those outside of July 4 or New Years. I glanced at Epcot's times and they were just as bad - Mission: Space was over an hour, Test Track was 140, Living with the Land and Figment(!) were both an hour.

Has FP+ impacted wait times and crowd distribution *that* much? I can't recall ever seeing Figment, much less Peoplemover, with a line like that except for New Years Eve.

Best part of our day was lunch at Kona Cafe. Annual passholder discount, getting away from the park crowds, good food for not much more than what we would've spent for a counter service in MK - well worth the monorail trip to the Poly. (Closing the express loop from 11:30-6 isn't especially good; how long is that going to last?)

Rhetorical question, sorta: why are the mics and speakers for spieling CMs so bad? Jungle Cruise, GMR, even the ferry boats - shouldn't the speakers in those attractions be considered the highest priority? Are the CMs just not adequately trained in enunciating into the microphones?

Oh, and the Muppets American history thing is one of the best things added to the WDW parks this century. Not even exaggerating.

Disneyhead'71

Spent the day at MK and the wait times looked like a day that in the past would have had phase closings.

By afternoon, the mountains were 90-140 min, Mansion was 90, Pirates was an hour, Jungle Cruise was 100+, the Fantasyland dark rides were an hour or two. Dumbo and Barnstormer were 75. Peoplemover's line was all the way to the edge of the Tomorrowland Speedway.

The Dwarfs ride was 60-70 min by 8:10 although the crowds didn't really pick up until 11 or so.

I know it's Spring Break, but I don't think I've ever seen wait times like those outside of July 4 or New Years. I glanced at Epcot's times and they were just as bad - Mission: Space was over an hour, Test Track was 140, Living with the Land and Figment(!) were both an hour.

Has FP+ impacted wait times and crowd distribution *that* much? I can't recall ever seeing Figment, much less Peoplemover, with a line like that except for New Years Eve.

Best part of our day was lunch at Kona Cafe. Annual passholder discount, getting away from the park crowds, good food for not much more than what we would've spent for a counter service in MK - well worth the monorail trip to the Poly. (Closing the express loop from 11:30-6 isn't especially good; how long is that going to last?)

Rhetorical question, sorta: why are the mics and speakers for spieling CMs so bad? Jungle Cruise, GMR, even the ferry boats - shouldn't the speakers in those attractions be considered the highest priority? Are the CMs just not adequately trained in enunciating into the microphones?

Oh, and the Muppets American history thing is one of the best things added to the WDW parks this century. Not even exaggerating.
All of Orlando is busy. Kong was bumping off of 120 minutes all day.

JoeCamel

Like DH posted the pictures I have seen show all parks busy and I would not venture there on a bet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom