News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

lazyboy97o

I think people have gotten so used to rumors that are so early in the process that they may or may not happen, or they may not even be true to start with. This one is very different.
That may be, but this particular poster has a history of tirades attacking @marni1971 as a liar.

Subways are shut down in severe rain events because water fills the tunnels. The New York City area is still dealing with damage caused by Sandy.

truecoat

Yeah, I get that part. Just... not enough room.

Supposing a counterclockwise rotation of cable, if I'm at the CBR DVC and want to go to Epcot, I have to enter the right side (outside elbow) of the building and wait in line. People coming from CBR South either stay on and head to Epcot, or they get off. So the Gondola comes into the station and slows down. People getting off have to turn right otherwise they'd bump into me. Then I can get on.

And if wanted to go to DHS, it'd be a similar process but on the other side of the station, where there is less room on the inside of the bend.

There's a lot of choreography there, and all in an elbow. Seems rather tight and crowded.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another larger, straight building that hasn't made it to the public plans yet for the transfers and that elbow station was just a turning point.

Objects in your mirror are much bigger than they appear....or something like that.

Maeryk

Yeah, I get that part. Just... not enough room.

Supposing an counterclockwise rotation of cable, if I'm at the CBR DVC and want to go to Epcot, I have to enter the right side (outside elbow) of the building and wait in line. People coming from CBR South either stay on and head to Epcot, or they get off. So the Gondola comes into the station and slows down. People getting off have to turn right otherwise they'd bump into me. Then I can get on.

And if wanted to go to DHS, it'd be a similar process but on the other side of the station. Where there is less room on the inside of the bend.

There's a lot of choreography there, and all in an elbow. Seems rather tight and crowded.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another larger, straight building that hasn't made it to the public plans yet for the transfers and that elbow station was just a turning point.

Unless you go through, like the monorail stop at MK or TTC. Since the drive hardware for the drag rope and such are overhead, it really opens up the floor plan of the building for load/unload access.

rael ramone

The thing is, they will probably save a ton of money long term by not using buses.

I don't think the Magical Motorcoach is going away.

All stars are still there.
Animal Kingdom is still there away from most of everything else.
Magic Kingdom is still where it is away from Gondola-land.
Other resorts are still there where they are.

And will the system be really cheaper then busses at all times (thinking non-peak times)? Would they shut off the service during non-peak times?...

Maeryk

I don't think the Magical Motorcoach is going away.

All stars are still there.
Animal Kingdom is still there away from most of everything else.
Magic Kingdom is still where it is away from Gondola-land.
Other resorts are still there where they are.

And will the system be really cheaper then busses at all times (thinking non-peak times)? Would they shut off the service during non-peak times?...

Once installed, it's probably the cheapest transport, hour for hour, they have. They are constant motion, simple electric motor driven, and green as all get out. and the quantity of cars can be changed on the drag rope to account for low or high demand.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree with CBR South being the transfer point, but why not make EPCOT to DHS the continuous line? If EPCOT to DHS is the continuous line, then the only people in the whole system that have to make the transfer to another line are those that are going to AoA/Pop. If you have to transfer to DHS, then everyone staying at CBR/DVC and the IG resorts going to/from DHS would have to transfer as well, when they could otherwise just remain in the gondola.
That works too. I was viewing CBR as a main hub that could be potentially expanded to add additional lines to CSR and/or AK. If that's the case maybe 3 separate lines for the first leg. Hub to EPCOT, hub to DHS and hub to AoA. This way if they expand in the future everyone gets off at the hub and the transfers to another line (unless they happen to be staying at CBR).

Animaniac93-98

This Gondola project has the potential to be the greatest comeback in WDW attraction history (take that Captain EO and MSEP!)

But why stop at waterfalls, why not make the World Showcase station a mini Swiss pavilion with, say, a chalet?

reminders_skywaytotl2009ww.jpg

I suspect the end result to be utilitarian, but there's some fun things you could do with the design of each station.

Maeryk

This Gondola project has the potential to be the greatest comeback in WDW attraction history (take that Captain EO and MSEP!)

But why stop at waterfalls, why not make the World Showcase station a mini Swiss pavilion with, say, a chalet?

reminders_skywaytotl2009ww.jpg

I suspect the end result to be utilitarian, but there's some fun things you could do with the design of each station.

Difference in scale between a 3cable system and that ski lift system suggest, at least to me, that you aren't going to see that kind of theming. But I could be wrong.

Clamman73

Another question....International Gateway getting beefed up turnstile/security check area...or current as is can handle future traffic?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom