News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can we assume the Epcot station will be here?

upload_2017-2-17_17-30-46.png

Maeryk

I would guess the right side of your circled area based on where the line hits from boardwalk and the comments that the gondola is post-security screening.

Do you really think they are going to set up TSA stations at the resorts to screen people on the way out?

Maeryk

Everything I have heard indicates that the security perimeter is being pushed out at each of the parks. I don't think TSA is involved.
Sorry, the TSA part was a joke.

But unless they are going to screen at the resorts, which I don't really see happening, I don't think the gondola is going to land "behind" security, unless it's a single point to point, from inside park to inside park, like the express bus service is.

Maeryk

Protip: Not all security is TSA.

They don't need to screen on the way out if the load station is inside the secure perimeter.

Load/unload is the same station. That's my point. Which perimeter, because I may be confusing what you are saying? If the thing goes point to point from inside security to inside security, like the express bus, sure. But Disney effectively "loses control" of the person at the intermediate transfers and stops, so I don't see how, unless they screen everyone getting ON it from every entry point, it could come in behind security.

Kamikaze

But unless they are going to screen at the resorts, which I don't really see happening, I don't think the gondola is going to land "behind" security, unless it's a single point to point, from inside park to inside park, like the express bus service is.

Martin said very early in the thread that it would be inside the secure perimeter. So yes, they are planning on screening at the resorts.

TiggerDad

I wish my TSA Pre-Check card would allow me to bypass Disney security. That would be a great perk.

Maeryk

I wish my TSA Pre-Check card would allow me to bypass Disney security. That would be a great perk.

Lol. I'm amazed their system can't handle the buttons they hand out.. someone didn't think that through.
Most of the backup at the screening at the parks is people who aren't ready, aren't paying attention, or don't know what they have in their pockets. At least, that's what I noticed two weeks ago.

tl77

Name one transit system that runs in hurricanes.
most other mass transit systems aren't easily and completely destroyed by hurricanes though, so building something that could easily be knocked out by a hurricane, in an area know for hurricanes... is like, not such a good idea. It's like building a house of cards in a wind tunnel

Maeryk

most other mass transit systems aren't easily and completely destroyed by hurricanes though, so building something that could easily be knocked out by a hurricane, in an area know for hurricanes... is like, not such a good idea. It's like building a house of cards in a wind tunnel

you mean like a monorail? These things routinely deal with 75+ mph gusts _while running_ in Whistler, and are capable of sustaining much higher wind speeds when shut down, with the cars off the drag rope. Hurricanes don't generally show up out of nowhere and surprise people. They park the monorail trains, batten down the buses, and would, presumably, unhook the gondolas and put them in the shed for the duration.

tl77

They don't file permits for something unless they have the intention to build it. This is not just some blue sky rumor.
so you have something besides this one blueprint that you originally posted in this thread? that's what I've been trying get to the bottom of here... though I do think it's a tad suspicious that this alleged gondola station is roughly the same size as all the other monorail stations on property, is in the one location the could possibly build a monorail station at the Studios, and seem to be directly over the Studios resort bus stop, making it a pretty good transportation hub
upload_2017-2-14_19-8-44-png.189659

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom