News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Perhaps this will help see transfer points v. passing through (and at CBR DVC, slowing down to pick up and drop off)...

upload_2017-2-17_16-27-53.png

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Seems pretty cheap to me. Kind of seems like Disney has been cutting corners whenever they can. Makes sense though. Just kind of annoying.

How is this "cutting corners"? Yes, this is less expensive them a monorail expansion, but it still provides an efficient way to move people around the property. If they wanted to be cheap they could have done nothing and let people to continue to suffer with busses.

TiggerDad

Perhaps this will help see transfer points v. passing through (and at CBR DVC, slowing down to pick up and drop off)...

View attachment 190221
If you zoom in really close to the "L" shaped buildings, they look different from each other. The one on the left is roundy, so it is clearly just passing through. The one on the right (DVC) is flat on the other end. If the cable is just passing through on the way to the hub, it should be roundy too. My money is on the cables going on and connecting to the main DVC building, where you would switch from EPCOT line to the line down to the hub.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you zoom in really close to the "L" shaped buildings, they look different from each other. The one on the left is roundy, so it is clearly just passing through. The one on the right (DVC) is flat on the other end. If the cable is just passing through on the way to the hub, it should be roundy too. My money is on the cables going on and connecting to the main DVC building, where you would switch from EPCOT line to the line down to the hub.
The DVC building has changed in layout since the permit was filed.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I'm kinda skeptical of inline loading and unloading at the CBR DVC since the building is so small. I'm having a hard time imagining queuing lines on both sides going both ways for getting on and off.

Maeryk

I'm kinda skeptical of inline loading and unloading at the CBR DVC since the building is so small. I'm having a hard time imagining queuing lines on both sides going both ways for getting on and off.

If you come up the center of the building, it gets easier to imagine. Think on/off peoplemover, as well as the known tech of the cars being able to unhook from the drag rope to enter a slower load/unload queue.

TimeTrip

If you come up the center of the building, it gets easier to imagine. Think on/off peoplemover, as well as the known tech of the cars being able to unhook from the drag rope to enter a slower load/unload queue.

I wonder how they plan to do load / unload for both directions of the elbow. Maybe they'll only allow one way loading ( to IG ) and one way unloading (from IG) and there would be an exit path around the building and underneath the gondola line.

truecoat

How is this "cutting corners"? Yes, this is less expensive them a monorail expansion, but it still provides an efficient way to move people around the property. If they wanted to be cheap they could have done nothing and let people to continue to suffer with busses.

The thing is, they will probably save a ton of money long term by not using buses.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Yeah, I get that part. Just... not enough room.

Supposing a counterclockwise rotation of cable, if I'm at the CBR DVC and want to go to Epcot, I have to enter the right side (outside elbow) of the building and wait in line. People coming from CBR South either stay on and head to Epcot, or they get off. So the Gondola comes into the station and slows down. People getting off have to turn right otherwise they'd bump into me. Then I can get on.

And if wanted to go to DHS, it'd be a similar process but on the other side of the station, where there is less room on the inside of the bend.

There's a lot of choreography there, and all in an elbow. Seems rather tight and crowded.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another larger, straight building that hasn't made it to the public plans yet for the transfers and that elbow station was just a turning point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom