• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

brb1006

My main concern for this show is the mention of "contemporary versions of Popular Disney songs". That is exactly what I meant when I said that Iger era scores do not in any way compare to Eisner era scores. With several exceptions, the majority Iger era shows have had choppy scene transitions and are filled with pop remakes of Disney songs. For the most part, these shows don't have much of a soul and come off as corporate trailers for whatever product they're trying to push at the time. Meanwhile, the majority of Eisner era shows weren't trying to be "contemporary", they were just trying to be authentically Disney. But alas, I remain optimistic. This show is going to have brand new animations created just for it and all of the movies chosen to be featured are good and natural picks. However, the Frozen section needs to be something OTHER than a full length performance of Let it Go. If they pull that footage out again for the trillionth time, I think I'm going to lose my $#*+.
I remember how relieved when I first saw the new World Of Color Christmas Show on Youtube last year that featured characters from Frozen and was surprised that they actually didn't use Let It Go.

Raineman

I completely understand that I'm in a very tiny minority here, but I'm so glad to see Wishes go. That syrupy-sweet narration by the kid... ugh. Looks like my own "wish" is finally coming true.
If you don't like "syrupy-sweet", then, I have to ask, what enjoyment do you get out of a trip to MK? I'm not saying everything at MK is cheesy or corny, or has to be, but a theme park that is built primarily around fairy tales and fantasy is going to have a certain element of that-especially one called Magic Kingdom. Given the level of cynicism and doom and gloom that seem to pervade every aspect of our lives in 2017, a bit of syrupy sweetness is just fine by me.

CaptainAmerica

The last ten years has been more about cost cutting and price inflating than anything new that's worse than what it replaced.
That's fine, but you're talking about operations, not strategy. From a major initiative / capital outlay perspective, I think this regime is on the right track. Between Fantasyland, Avatar, Star Wars, etc., they're going the right direction albeit not as quickly as many would like to see. I'm encouraged by the reports that the DCA rebuild will be a template for the Future World fix.

jakeman

So...um...if one were going to just kind of wait a see for themselves...

They should just probably stay out of the thread right? Because it kind of seems like you've got to decide RIGHT NOW if you like this or not...

hpyhnt 1000

Holiday Wishes and HalloWishes are set to continue unless plans change.

Could we see "refreshes" perhaps, with projections used to supplement the existing pyro? It'd be surprising for them to install the new lighting/hardware for HEA and then not use any of it for the last third of the year...

For the record, cautiously optimistic for this new show. Heaven knows Wishes was getting long in the tooth, and with the loss of any kind of nighttime parade, MK desperately needed something new for the evenings.

FigmentJedi

If you don't like "syrupy-sweet", then, I have to ask, what enjoyment do you get out of a trip to MK? I'm not saying everything at MK is cheesy or corny, or has to be, but a theme park that is built primarily around fairy tales and fantasy is going to have a certain element of that-especially one called Magic Kingdom. Given the level of cynicism and doom and gloom that seem to pervade every aspect of our lives in 2017, a bit of syrupy sweetness is just fine by me.
There's a difference between Disney movie sweetness and the Barney-level glurge that some of the Magic Kingdom's show original music sinks into.

ToTBellHop

So...um...if one were going to just kind of wait a see for themselves...

They should just probably stay out of the thread right? Because it kind of seems like you've got to decide RIGHT NOW if you like this or not...
Can't one make some decisions based upon an announcement and then more once something goes live? I call it the "DeVos Treatment."

CaptainAmerica

There's a difference between Disney movie sweetness and the Barney-level glurge that some of the Magic Kingdom's show original music sinks into.
Like almost all of the old Future World songs that people still worship as the best music since The Beatles? Horizons is the worst of the bunch.

I'd have to say a mix of both.
Dang. The budget number I'm hearing is a big nut for the attractions not to be up to par. But I'm not an Epcot purist so the "fit" doesn't bother me as much.

Donaldfan1934

I remember how relieved when I first saw the new World Of Color Christmas Show on Youtube last year that featured characters from Frozen and was surprised that they actually didn't use Let It Go.
Like I said, there are several examples of good taste in the Iger era. Let it Go being removed from the Christmas Show can only be a good sign for Happily Ever After. I truly hope this is an step in the right direction overall, but I feel that almost every change Disney makes nowadays has a high risk of disappointing hard core fans. It's the reason why I suggested just updating Wishes with projections and other tech. That way, the fireworks could've been state of the art while keeping its authentic Disney soul.

ToTBellHop

Could we see "refreshes" perhaps, with projections used to supplement the existing pyro? It'd be surprising for them to install the new lighting/hardware for HEA and then not use any of it for the last third of the year...

For the record, cautiously optimistic for this new show. Heaven knows Wishes was getting long in the tooth, and with the loss of any kind of nighttime parade, MK desperately needed something new for the evenings.
We will only see Halloween Ever After and Christmas Ever After once they can get in and program new shows. Personally, I see them waiting for the 50th show to do that, as considerably more planning will go into that. This show came from, "how can we use largely existing infrastructure to give guests a new nighttime show quickly?" At least they feel we deserve something new.

Raineman

If I'm at home, after a long day's work, I can't stand hearing that kind of thing. If I'm on vacation, at MK, not only am I expecting to hear and see that kind of thing, I kind of like it. There are obviously some people who don't like it, but I'm sure the majority of park visitors want to escape from the crap they have to deal with in their lives, and letting go a bit and enjoying the moment helps them to do that. My DW and DD will tell you that when I am home, I can be grump a good deal of the time, but when I am at WDW, it is hard to wipe the smile off my face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom