A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

Cesar R M

Betting everything on the Emoji movie seems like a really gutsy move. Let's see if it plays out. ;)
lau3rLZ.jpg

Cesar R M

The Trinitrons were the best TVs ever, but Sony TVs are trash now.
I don't think any division but Computer Entertainment is profitable anymore.
Thats something that baffled me. Why they insisted in cheapening their products and charge luxury prices on almost all their tech, but deliver subpar quality.
I know most Sony TVS are just rebranded cheaper units from other manufacturers.
I still remember when Sony kept shooting themselves in their foot with the rootkit music issue, then the proprietary cables for everything, the low quality on almost everything with big prices...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think Disney assimilating Sony entirely is a bad idea because that would just mean they'd retheme the Haunted Mansion and the Florida Tower of Terror to Hotel Transylvania.

Haunted Mansion would be better themed to 13 Ghosts... 12 are trapped in the house but there's always room for one more.

The Polynesian would get a salt-water wave-pool where you and your honey can roll around in the waves re-creating the iconic scene from From Here to Eternity while a European CM, pretending to be part Hawaiian and part Asian from Aloha, tells you about her proud island ancestry.

Tomorrowland gets the beloved Chappie's Great Escape as it is being chased by Robocop. TL also gets a mission to Mars back again with a Total Recall ride.

Adventureland gets the immersive one-IP treatment: Jumanji Land.

In Future World, you get edutainment regarding The Fifth Element in a Close Encounter of the Third Kind all the while it all being hushed up by Men in Black.

Morocco gets a M&G with Lawrence of Arabia and also Mr. Magoo from 1001 Arabian Nights. Frontier Land gets a M&G with Django Unchained. China gets a M&G with The Last Emperor.

Liberty Square muppets sings some numbers from 1776. Night of Joy puts on a production of Godspell.

We'll add "Don't Rain on My Parade" from Funny Girl to the Main Street Loop and Rainy Day Parade.

Stuart Little will join Remy in the new Ratatouille ride. The claymation Pirates! will join PotC.

Peter Pan's Flight gets reskinned to Peter Pan (the 2003 movie).

Disney gets to build a super hero land in DHS avoiding the Marvel problem with not only the Incredibles, but also Hancock and The Green Hornet.

The Missionary will send some Jesuits to convert the Na'vi. Speaking of AK, there will be a scary ride added for Anaconda. They'll also get a North America section that has a A River Runs Through It, though, the only animals it features is trout.

The balloon in Disney Springs will be made from ladies' underwear as in The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

And Tom Sawyer's Island will be left unsupervised by adults and rethemed to Lord of the Flies.

Last edited:

doctornick

There could be a transfer of control clause...so that if it is sold, they can renegotiate/take back the rights. There wasn't a transfer of control clause for the Uni rights, so I doubt there is one here.

Would the theme park rights be analogous? This situation is Sony selling its film division to another company while Uni was Comcast outright buying the entire Universal company. "Universal" still owns the theme park rights, it's just that Comcast owns Universal.

I've read online, though I don't know if it is just wishful thinking or reality, that Marvel would have to approve any sale of the movie rights to a different company.

lazyboy97o

Would the theme park rights be analogous? This situation is Sony selling its film division to another company while Uni was Comcast outright buying the entire Universal company. "Universal" still owns the theme park rights, it's just that Comcast owns Universal.

I've read online, though I don't know if it is just wishful thinking or reality, that Marvel would have to approve any sale of the movie rights to a different company.
Universal Orlando Resort was not wholly owned by Universal until Comcast purchased the half owned by The Blackstone Group. The Marvel deal for Islands of Adventure was also with MCA Inc.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Haunted Mansion would be better themed to 13 Ghosts... 12 are trapped in the house but there's always room for one more.

The Polynesian would get a salt-water wave-pool where you and your honey can roll around in the waves re-creating the iconic scene from From Here to Eternity while a European CM, pretending to be part Hawaiian and part Asian from Aloha, tells you about her proud island ancestry.

Tomorrowland gets the beloved Chappie's Great Escape as it is being chased by Robocop. TL also gets a mission to Mars back again with a Total Recall ride.

Adventureland gets the immersive one-IP treatment: Jumanji Land.

In Future World, you get edutainment regarding The Fifth Element in a Close Encounter of the Third Kind all the while it all being hushed up by Men in Black.

Morocco gets a M&G with Lawrence of Arabia and also Mr. Magoo from 1001 Arabian Nights. Frontier Land gets a M&G with Django Unchained. China gets a M&G with The Last Emperor.

Liberty Square muppets sings some numbers from 1776. Night of Joy puts on a production of Godspell.

We'll add "Don't Rain on My Parade" from Funny Girl to the Main Street Loop and Rainy Day Parade.

Stuart Little will join Remy in the new Ratatouille ride. The claymation Pirates! will join PotC.

Peter Pan's Flight gets reskinned to Peter Pan (the 2003 movie).

Disney gets to build a super hero land in DHS avoiding the Marvel problem with not only the Incredibles, but also Hancock and The Green Hornet.

The Missionary will send some Jesuits to convert the Na'vi. Speaking of AK, there will be a scary ride added for Anaconda. They'll also get a North America section that has a A River Runs Through It, though, the only animals it features is trout.

The balloon in Disney Springs will be made from ladies' underwear as in The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

And Tom Sawyer's Island will be left unsupervised by adults and rethemed to Lord of the Flies.

You sir, own the internet today. Bravo! The last one though, :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Quinnmac000

Is it just me, or has Disney really ramped up their tv ad campaign? I understand the ads showing during their ABC programming, but they're on NBC too.

NBC has been getting high ratings on most nights for their programming (This is US, Blacklist, The Voice, Sunday Night Football, Thursday Night Football) compared to other public broadcasts so for maximum impact it would make sense to still air ads on a competitors network if it means larger reach.

DDLand

Shanghai Disney Attendance:
http://www.traveldailymedia.com/246047/shanghai-disney-ends-year-with-5-6m-visitors/
http://www.poandpo.com/companies/nu...-disney-jumps-to-nearly-6-million-1812017496/

Local press continues to hammer it:
http://shanghaiist.com/2017/01/17/shanghai_disneyland_visitors.php

aka Disney and Shendi's publicly stated goal for phase one is 12 Million. That's not even supposed to be year one.

A newspaper owned by a Japanese Conglomerate also included a plug for Tokyo Disneyland. lol
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/Shanghai-Disneyland-beset-by-everyday-life

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom