The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
We have had a bunny for years that took up residence in our yard. Had several litters in the spring in the yard too, even with Walt. She and Walt got along so well. He'd trot around the yard every so often half heartedly chasing her and she'd just as calmly dodge him. They actually were playing. She'd hop right past him on the patio if he was laying down, sometimes he'd actually lift his head to watch her pass. :rolleyes: Our squirrels have zero fear of family or canine. Now deer, that is a different story.
Even the deer show up at my house looking for food:hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I remember using a new screwdriver to take a screw out of an aluminum housing and having the tip split and a piece break out. I went back to Sears to get it replaced and no one wanted to help (avoid eye contact at all costs). I just went and looked at the high-end air compressors and instantly had a salesperson at my side to assist me. When I told him I just wanted a replacement screwdriver, he went off on me about people abusing tools and using screwdrivers as pry bars. I was the wrong person to target and he ended up having a bad day after the Store Manager got involved. I had 3 large roller tool cabinets full of craftsman tools at the time and I think I have the right tool for the right job. I stopped buying Craftsman and started going to Matco, Mac, and Snap-on for my new purchases. I wonder if others felt the same drop in customer service? I know I sure didn't feel valued or appreciated there anymore....

Interesting you mentioned Snap-On. They have been hubs' favorite tools for many years (he also has a lot of Craftsman that he likes as well). I don't know about your area, but out here, hubs would meet the Snap-On driver with his van of goodies, up on the highway rest stop parking lot areas (the places where they'd have the gas stations, food courts, etc.). I always thought it was cool that Snap-On would sell the tools right out of the van like that--sometimes hubs would call the guy and ask for something specific, and the guy would just put it on the van and have it ready for him. It was personal customer service from those guys. (I'm assuming they must have been commissioned.) I don't know if they still operate the same way (drive around in Snap-On vans), because hubs has plenty of tools at this point and hasn't bought anything new for quite some time.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Lately, my back and hips have been giving me problems. I have never had back problems really, but, occasionally my lower back along with my hip joints bother me a little.** Not a lot, but, it usually lasts for a few days and then disappears. This past week end every time I got up out of my chair, I was stooped over like I was 95 years old and it made me very inactive. I finally gave up and headed for the 55 gallon drum of Aleve that I have on hand but hardly ever use. I took two at night and another one at the middle of the day and have been pain free for the last five days. I am normally not a person that heads for the chemicals, but, if all it takes to feel good is a couple of Aleve's a day I'm jumping on board with it.
It usually acts up after I have played golf, but, I am not about to give up what little exercise I get that doesn't involve the mind numbing boredom of just walking.

Nothing at all wrong with taking pills if you need them. The key here is quality of life. Some years ago I had a bad form of arthritis (but it's the kind that can go away into remission for a while or forever). I was given different types of pills for some years. It gave me my life back, and I was also fortunate that this particular form of arthritis went into remission after about 4 years. That experience changed my thinking about how to deal with certain medical issues. You deserve to be pain free and live your life.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have news:
The company that I liked called me. I basically have a job with them. They're just deciding exactly where to put me.

In other news, I talked to my mom on the phone. She put it on speaker so Belle could hear my voice. She sniffed the phone and then meowed.

WOW!! So happy for you. Somehow, I had a feeling that no matter what company you wanted to work for, you'd get hired. Congratulations--you're a winner!! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks! I have enjoyed it...! :)

No Doc visit 'til sometime after the MRI I finally have scheduled for next Half-day Friday afternoon.
The symptoms have calmed down a bit over the last week or so, but, as per usual, I know they'll be back with a vengeance at some point soon.
Depending on how many surgeries are required, this could end up being a bit of a drawn out process, unfortunately.
But, it is what it is, and I'll deal with it. Others have a lot worse problems than I.

But even if you have more down time (post-surgery(ies), you can always come visit us here!! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And sadly we are only a little over 2 weeks into winter. :facepalm: :cyclops:

We're getting a snowstorm today!! Maybe we'll get about 8 inches, and plenty of time to play in it over the weekend!!! Bring it on! I'm looking forward to shovelling, and it's also good cardio exercise, you know. And--it doesn't cost anything, like a gym membership. It's just outside the front door and is free!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom