AVATAR land construction progress

BrianLo

Do you know if there is any "animal trail" kind of attraction planned which is a walk through or is it just the rides and their (seemingly very plussed) queues?

Non-linear, but "trails".

30342520602_00d649920c_o.jpg

doctornick

OK, but I guess my point is that there obviously is going to be main guest paths between the major things (from the entrance bridge, going to the two rides, going to the shop/restaurant).

These "trails" would be separate from the main guest paths, no? Even if it isn't a linear walk through, it would have to be set apart in some fashion so you don't have people stopping and gawking (or walking at different speeds) while others are huffing between attractions.

flyerjab

OK, but I guess my point is that there obviously is going to be main guest paths between the major things (from the entrance bridge, going to the two rides, going to the shop/restaurant).

These "trails" would be separate from the main guest paths, no? Even if it isn't a linear walk through, it would have to be set apart in some fashion so you don't have people stopping and gawking (or walking at different speeds) while others are huffing between attractions.

Knowing Rohde and his penchant for theming, I can only imagine him settling his team loose on this expansion. There will probably be Na'vi artwork, relics, tribal items, etc. everywhere, not to mention the custom made flora and vegetation. There should be so much to take in.

Kman101

I mean, every walkway sounds like it will have plants or something to see. I get what doctornick is asking but the entire land is one big walking trail. I think he's asking if there's something more along the lines of a Gorilla Falls or Maharajah Jungle Trek, a separate "attraction" so to speak. Martin seemed to say that there is unless I read that wrong.

Prince Thomas

The amount of snark, sarcasm, and nastiness is so much more prevalent than before. Everyone, myself included, is so quick to jump down someone else's throat, or so quick to "correct" someone. Remember that we don't always know as much as the next person.
We all need to take a step back and be a little nicer and more respectful to each other.
Amen!!! #spreadlove xo

BrianLo

I mean, every walkway sounds like it will have plants or something to see. I get what doctornick is asking but the entire land is one big walking trail. I think he's asking if there's something more along the lines of a Gorilla Falls or Maharajah Jungle Trek, a separate "attraction" so to speak. Martin seemed to say that there is unless I read that wrong.

The answer seems to be no to a turnstyled trek or area. More Grizzly Peak scenic route x5 than Redwood creek challenge trail. No 'enter here to see the rock work, plants, lights and waterfalls'.

Rohde marches to a beat of his own drum, the inspiration here being the guest flow of a botanical park (which doesn't really have specific unidirectional flow) rather than an amusement park. The guest highways often only exist for making your way between amusements.

Animal Kingdom just kind of shirks convention, that's why some people like it and some people don't.

doctornick

The answer seems to be no to a turnstyled trek or area. More Grizzly Peak scenic route x5 than Redwood creek challenge trail. No 'enter here to see the rock work, plants, lights and waterfalls'.

Rohde marches to a beat of his own drum, the inspiration here being the guest flow of a botanical park (which doesn't really have specific unidirectional flow) rather than an amusement park. The guest highways often only exist for making your way between amusements.

Animal Kingdom just kind of shirks convention, that's why some people like it and some people don't.

Yes, @Kman101 is illustrating my question. I get that there might not be a specific "Pandora Na'vi nature trail" listed on the attraction roster, but I guess I'd be surprised if there isn't some "main" guest walkways leading directly between the major items. Those of course would still have some vegetation and good views, but I hope/expect there will also be some more intimate trails that feature more up close/detailed experiences (including artwork/artifacts like @flyerjab mentioned).

It might be a situation where you could walk the direct path from A to B with less details or take the meandering less direct trail between A and B that might feature some other goodies. I think something like that would be totally cool and fit into the concept of the experience without having a specific unidirectional trail. It would certainly fit with the "exploration" vibe that DAK has.

Edit: Perhaps the Discovery Island Trails is a better comp than Maharajah Jungle Trek

KrazyKat

Strange question time. Anyone know if that huge blue planet in the model is going to be there in the background of the land? I know they are building a huge berm facing the parking. They could theoretically put something big there inside the land and project the planet slowly rotating once nightfall hits. If they can project the Death Star on Spaceship Earth, why not a huge wall.

Just wondering...

RMichael21

Strange question time. Anyone know if that huge blue planet in the model is going to be there in the background of the land? I know they are building a huge berm facing the parking. They could theoretically put something big there inside the land and project the planet slowly rotating once nightfall hits. If they can project the Death Star on Spaceship Earth, why not a huge wall.

Just wondering...
I don't think so. I don't think that's feasibly possible with Hurricanes and such and it would destroy sight lines from the front of the park/the road.

HauntedMansionFLA

I believe @WDW1974 talked about this subject a year and half ago over on one of his spirited threads. I hope this happens :)

mergatroid

Just wondering...

I was thinking that, why have it on the models if it's not going to be on the land itself.

JLipnick

Not sure if this was discussed before but did anyone notice that the Pandora footage during the Disney Christmas Day show/parade showed running waterfalls but the video from the Disney Parks blog did NOT show the waterfalls? I wasn't sure if I just saw it wrong or if they omitted it on purpose.

WDWbuff2001

Not sure if this was discussed before but did anyone notice that the Pandora footage during the Disney Christmas Day show/parade showed running waterfalls but the video from the Disney Parks blog did NOT show the waterfalls? I wasn't sure if I just saw it wrong or if they omitted it on purpose.

I thought the same thing but I didn't want to say anything cuz I was so unsure

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, @Kman101 is illustrating my question. I get that there might not be a specific "Pandora Na'vi nature trail" listed on the attraction roster, but I guess I'd be surprised if there isn't some "main" guest walkways leading directly between the major items. Those of course would still have some vegetation and good views, but I hope/expect there will also be some more intimate trails that feature more up close/detailed experiences (including artwork/artifacts like @flyerjab mentioned).

It might be a situation where you could walk the direct path from A to B with less details or take the meandering less direct trail between A and B that might feature some other goodies. I think something like that would be totally cool and fit into the concept of the experience without having a specific unidirectional trail. It would certainly fit with the "exploration" vibe that DAK has.

Edit: Perhaps the Discovery Island Trails is a better comp than Maharajah Jungle Trek

As I understand it there will be main pathways to the restrooms, QSR and store. In front of the showbuilding will also be narrower winding trails, possibly with elevation changes. There will also be some more trail style than pathway walkways to get to the same places as the main walkways; e.g. to bypass the showbuilding area you can cross a water feature on a wooden style bridge, you can get to the C ticket via a walkway or a trail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom