AVATAR land construction progress

Kman101

and some people come across as incredibly arrogant, both sides could settle down a bit

The amount of snark, sarcasm, and nastiness is so much more prevalent than before. Everyone, myself included, is so quick to jump down someone else's throat, or so quick to "correct" someone. Remember that we don't always know as much as the next person.
We all need to take a step back and be a little nicer and more respectful to each other.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The amount of snark, sarcasm, and nastiness is so much more prevalent than before. Everyone, myself included, is so quick to jump down someone else's throat, or so quick to "correct" someone. Remember that we don't always know as much as the next person.
We all need to take a step back and be a little nicer and more respectful to each other.

I definitely agree with what you are saying, but this isn't something new. I made a similar post to this back in 2012 and ironically, I got attacked for it.

Cesar R M

Maybe because there's still plenty that needs fixing? Maybe because three of those things you listed aren't really all that compared to the other two? Maybe because even though one is a really nice outdoor mall, it's still just an outdoor mall? Maybe because one is just two carni level rides? Maybe because we haven't really seen that Disney is willing to put their all into something in WDW rather than taking the cheap/lazy route except for when certain people put their foot down (James Cameron and his infamous ego for Avatar, Bob and the BoD for SWE because even they know they can't screw that up)? Other than those two circumstances, it seems to always be "good enough." I really am thankful that these two expansions are happening. I just wish this sort of quality and attention to what can enhance a parks theme were the rule rather than the exception. Even DLR suffers with the hack job to ToT over there.
Dont forget that most of the changes in the parks have been pure replacements with ZERO net gain of attractions.
They are just changing old non IP dated attractions and shoving IPs in with overlays or replacements.

Cesar R M

Oh yeah? come here and say that to my face and see what happens!!!
kudos if you get the ancient internet meme reference

RSoxNo1

Thing is that people respond to it. Look how Peter Pan was rejuvenated and the wait line dramatically increased when they added an immersive and interactive queue. Look how you can take a kiddie coaster and add immersive theming to the ride and interactivity to the queue and get 7DMT with a two hour stand-by line.

I'm surprised WDW doesn't have a plan to convert all the queues to something immersive and interactive. It's a well-received way to refresh a ride and a lot cheaper than building a new ride.

Now, if they can only do that for the Soarin' queue in a way that actually works and is captivating...
You're right, prior to the interactive queue you could always walk onto Peter Pan's Flight.

rioriz

Me thinks the ignore button should be used more.

Being a person who is new to have inside info, I try my hardest to only present what was told to me and answer any questions to the best of my abilities. There is a certain consequence that comes to "looking behind the curtain" as you tend to see things differently. So the insiders on this board can have a biased opinion of the parks and company because they do know more than the average poster. They should not be attacked for that but also in the same vein understand that the average poster will have a different opinion due to their lack of knowledge.

Either way I have been grateful for the experience and looking forward to experiencing this amazing new land first hand and not through drawings and picture!!!

HauntedMansionFLA

new aerials from the site that cannot be named
trailers are gone and quite a bit of progress since wdwmagics aerials

EDIT: looks like the area under the mountains are now paved

i dont see how this isnt opened in 4/5 months
It looks like it's coming along nicely. What areas will have the paths where it lights up when you walk on it?

doctornick

Healthy Dose in NRJ definitely....outside is a little murkier as I know the pathways on the Africa side and around the water features were to get the tx

At this time, i can't say 100% if they went with the original plans or not. But definitely in the ride queues

Do you know if there is any "animal trail" kind of attraction planned which is a walk through or is it just the rides and their (seemingly very plussed) queues?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom