Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

WDWdream97

Frontierland sprucing up is also on the table. Funnily enough, the one land that will have received minimal (sans blue sky) plans from 2000-2021 will be the one that has gone without expansion for the longest time (Adventureland). Last I was told, all major Frontierland plans were postponed with sprucing for the 50th. Tommorowland's exterior Reno is (clearly) happening, and while you shouldn't expect a people eater like HM or a super ride like Tron (at least for now), do keep your eyes open, as I suspect that you may be pleasantly surprised.
It's about time Frontierland got some love. Hope the changes will be for the better, and more than just some fresh coats of paint.

doctornick

It's about time Frontierland got some love. Hope the changes will be for the better, and more than just some fresh coats of paint.

While I would love to see various areas be refurbished (hopefully, also including existing attractions being plussed), it would be nice to see some additional attractions added to the park. There's so much available room that it is sad to see MK lag so far behind DL in terms of total number of attractions, especially given MK's higher attendance (and thus need for higher guest capacity).

The hints don't seem to indicate Frontierland getting a new attraction, though that once seemed likely to occur. Hopefully, something will be approved as an additional build.

Especially if it were some version of WRE -- would really be the perfect addition for MK's 50th.

Kman101

It's just maddening how much they absolutely refuse to invest in the parks. Before the argument is made money is being spent, yes, yes it is, but the fact is so much needs to be done or added that they really need to get off their butts and pony up some cash. Instead of replacing what exists ADD to it (or do both).

WDWTank

It's just maddening how much they absolutely refuse to invest in the parks. Before the argument is made money is being spent, yes, yes it is, but the fact is so much needs to be done or added that they really need to get off their butts and pony up some cash. Instead of replacing what exists ADD to it (or do both).
Or make something NEW that is not based off a movie

PiratesoftheHM

While I would love to see various areas be refurbished (hopefully, also including existing attractions being plussed), it would be nice to see some additional attractions added to the park. There's so much available room that it is sad to see MK lag so far behind DL in terms of total number of attractions, especially given MK's higher attendance (and thus need for higher guest capacity).

The hints don't seem to indicate Frontierland getting a new attraction, though that once seemed likely to occur. Hopefully, something will be approved as an additional build.

Especially if it were some version of WRE -- would really be the perfect addition for MK's 50th.

What is so bothersome about MK to me is not it's lack of attractions compared to DL, but how most of the shared attractions are far worse in MK.

Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear SRS are all significantly worse and rotting in MK. Some things are unfixable like Pirates' inferiority, but those three's weaknesses are unforgivable at this point.

And Thunder should have got/needs the DL effects, but I don't think it's as bad as the above mentioned.

brb1006

What is so bothersome about MK to me is not it's lack of attractions compared to DL, but how most of the shared attractions are far worse in MK.

Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear SRS are all significantly worse and rotting in MK. Some things are unfixable like Pirates' inferiority, but those three's weaknesses are unforgivable at this point.

And Thunder should have got/needs the DL effects, but I don't think it's as bad as the above mentioned.
The "AA's" for the Peter Pan attraction look static most of the time. They should also replace the old Hook audio with the current voice of Captain Hook. Who did voice Hook in the WDW version?

EricsBiscuit

Why add to MK when it's the most popular park in the world? Just plus the rides and maintain them better. BTMRR doesn't need new effects as it gets consistently high waits. Plus, they did make it look much better and added some new sounds and cool minor effects for those of us who care.

I do think that SM should get new track and maybe new cars like the ones at DL to double the capacity. I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice not only for the capacity but sound too.

Maybe they could demolish the Speedway (terrible "attraction" with no theme and probably costly to maintain) and add the Disney Sea version of 20k Leagues.

As for our Pirates being worse than DL's, it's not; it's actually better because the que is part of the attraction. I think a Moana boat ride in Adventureland would be cool. Maybe Sinbad's Storybook Adventure. They could add Indiana Jones in between Swiss Family Robinson and MSUSA. I also think it would be cool to add the Shanghai TECHNOLOGY (not their ride) for increased capacity (the electro magnetic propulsion system). They could also use it for the other boat rides.

Another cool thing would be to add the USS Constitution to LS. It would fit perfectly in to the theme. Also, in the quest for money, adding a showboat would be badass.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why add to MK when it's the most popular park in the world?
Because it needs more ride capacity.

Just plus the rides and maintain them better. BTMRR doesn't need new effects as it gets consistently high waits.
So?

You contradict yourself since adding the effects (which are coming as things stand) would be plussing.

Space gets consistently high waits but that needs a lot of work too (and DL cars wouldn't fit, nor are they needed for onboard audio)

EricsBiscuit

Because it needs more ride capacity.

So?

You contradict yourself since adding the effects (which are coming as things stand) would be plussing.

Space gets consistently high waits but that needs a lot of work too (and DL cars wouldn't fit, nor are they needed for onboard audio)
What I meant would be like plussing attractions that don't get the high waits, which would help spread crowds out more. Such as, the Country Bear Jamboree.

It was just an idea for the DL cars for SM too btw. I love the idea of adding new attractions and upgrading all of the existing ones. But that is in an ideal world. Disney has to fix the rides not getting the longer waits. It also has to invest in the other parks. After all, even after the new DHS stuff is done, more will be needed as there is only a net gain of one attraction. Epcot is not as bad as this forum leads it to be, but it could still use some touch ups in FW and additions in TWS. DAK will also no doubt need more if it strives to be an all day park. When you have less than 10 main attractions and shows (including the new stuff coming), you're going to need more stuff (although it is probably the most unique park in the US and in my opinion is awesome and improving vastly).

So my point is this, new attractions are great. New effects are great. But they need to focus on the parks other than MK the most.

RSoxNo1

Why add to MK when it's the most popular park in the world? Just plus the rides and maintain them better. BTMRR doesn't need new effects as it gets consistently high waits. Plus, they did make it look much better and added some new sounds and cool minor effects for those of us who care.

I do think that SM should get new track and maybe new cars like the ones at DL to double the capacity. I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice not only for the capacity but sound too.

Maybe they could demolish the Speedway (terrible "attraction" with no theme and probably costly to maintain) and add the Disney Sea version of 20k Leagues.

As for our Pirates being worse than DL's, it's not; it's actually better because the que is part of the attraction. I think a Moana boat ride in Adventureland would be cool. Maybe Sinbad's Storybook Adventure. They could add Indiana Jones in between Swiss Family Robinson and MSUSA. I also think it would be cool to add the Shanghai TECHNOLOGY (not their ride) for increased capacity (the electro magnetic propulsion system). They could also use it for the other boat rides.

Another cool thing would be to add the USS Constitution to LS. It would fit perfectly in to the theme. Also, in the quest for money, adding a showboat would be badass.
The Magic Kingdom needs more high capacity attractions. New Fantasyland partially addressed this issue, but it wasn't nearly enough. I'd argue that the Magic Kingdom needs at least 8000-10000 additional ride capacity per hour spread out around the park.

wdwfan4ver

Epcot is not as bad as this forum leads it to be, but it could still use some touch ups in FW and additions in TWS.
Future World needs more than "touch ups" unlike you put it. What happened to innoventions is something you need more than "touch up for" and Imagination Pavilion for that matter. UOE is something needs to be updated or get a rid of. UOE matter of fact had to get a rid of a couple of its AA's in the ride because of the condition they were in.

Wonders of Life Pavilion not being used all year round isn't something you can it only needs a touch up. When something being used as a festival Center, you are not taking advantage of the space of the building all year round from a guest standpoint.

RSoxNo1

If you would change MK in 5 steps, what would they be?
You didn't ask me, but my ideal answer involves relocating and improving three things in MK to Epcot:
  • it's a small world - relocated to Showcase Plaza area of Epcot (if possible), otherwise as close to World Showcase in Future World as it can be. It's the perfect attraction to bridge the two halves of Epcot. I wouldn't change it significantly as I think it's important to have this one be character free.
  • Carousel of Progress - Update the animatronics throughout and update the final scene. I'd love to see this as part of a new Horizons complex, but something located in and around Innoventions would also work too
  • Space Mountain - Again, as a larger scale space area in Future World, I'd build a new Space Mountain in Future World (perhaps on or near the Wonders of Life site). The Magic Kingdom version needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, so this is as good a time as any to move it.
Assuming those are removed here are my bullet points:
  • New attraction in Adventureland. I'd love for a trackless ride with a similar story line to Mystic Manor but with a Polynesian twist.
  • Fantasyland 3.0. Since I've removed it's a small world that opens up a large area that can butt up against New Fantasyland. Peter Pan's Flight can be updated, perhaps the Tinkerbell nook and flat ride can be added as well. Beyond that, the area this opens up into is huge. I can see an additional restaurant (Pinocchio's may have to be removed/relocated) and multiple attractions can be added. This can be accomplished with either classic low capacity fantasyland dark rides or more modern (Mermaid-esque) high capacity rides (just less of them). This is where I wanted to put Frozen.
  • Tomorrowland 2.0 - I'm of the opinion that a distinction needs to be made between Tomorrowland and whatever Future world is becoming. I'm "more ok" with IP going into Tomorrowland and expect that to be part of it's future. Since we're relocating Space Mountain and Carousel of Progress, it's also likely that other things are going to be removed/replaced as well. For me, other than the TTA and maybe a version of Astro Orbiter, everything is on the table. I like the idea of Wreck it Ralph as a bridge attraction between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland and would love to see the Speedway space be repurposed with that in mind. If the space can be used more efficiently, there's room there for more than just a Wreck it Ralph attraction. As a thrill anchor, the Tron coaster is an obvious choice, but I wouldn't oppose other suggestions. In short, there's a lot of capacity currently in Tomorrowland, but still quite a bit of wasted space. It may even be worthwhile to redesign the entire hub entrance corridor to allow for better use of that space.
  • New nighttime parade
  • New fireworks show

PiratesoftheHM

What I meant would be like plussing attractions that don't get the high waits, which would help spread crowds out more. Such as, the Country Bear Jamboree.

It was just an idea for the DL cars for SM too btw. I love the idea of adding new attractions and upgrading all of the existing ones. But that is in an ideal world. Disney has to fix the rides not getting the longer waits. It also has to invest in the other parks. After all, even after the new DHS stuff is done, more will be needed as there is only a net gain of one attraction. Epcot is not as bad as this forum leads it to be, but it could still use some touch ups in FW and additions in TWS. DAK will also no doubt need more if it strives to be an all day park. When you have less than 10 main attractions and shows (including the new stuff coming), you're going to need more stuff (although it is probably the most unique park in the US and in my opinion is awesome and improving vastly).

So my point is this, new attractions are great. New effects are great. But they need to focus on the parks other than MK the most.

As a usually DLR-native guest, attraction-wise in every way MK was an embarrassment. The grand scale of MK is beautiful and something I can't get at home, but when nearly every single shared attraction was better maintained/updated at home, quite an embarrassing moment for MK.

Instead of trying to get Country Bear Jamboree/CoP etc., an attraction you should never have to wait more than one show cycle to ride, to 30+ minute waits, how about making the rides that have 60 minute waits worth waiting 60 minutes for? Two hours for MK's arguably dangerous Space Mountain is ridiculous. It's important to have attractions in a castle park that typically have minimal waits. Not all attractions are created equal, despite what the FP+ claims (although only in AK and MK, the rule in DHS and Epcot implies they have some inferior attractions).

Not saying the other parks don't need more help, most do, but MK certainly needs help too. The good-enough mentality applied to the state things like Space/Peter Pan/Buzz can't continue. Not when the crown jewel of WDW, and of the entire Disney Parks and Resorts, has the worst version of many attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom