Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

rct247

So if WIR isn't going to into Stitch, do they have another plan in place or will Stitch just sit SBNO for 95% of the year?

hpyhnt 1000

And it failed. Lots of kids were still afraid of it but at the same time it took most of the fun away for adults. I liked the technology and idea behind AE but I will be happy to see something new in its place now.

This. Alien Encounter was great because of its intensity and its tongue-in-cheek storyline (right down to the wordplay of "X-S Tech"). Plus Tim Curry was sublime as the voice of SIR. It was very much an adult attraction.

Stich kept the basic show structure but, in its attempt to be more family friendly, stripped away the very elements that made AE unique. So you were left with an attraction that was still too scary for kids yet had been watered down enough that it no longer engaged adults the way AE had.

Kman101

So nothing for possibly, maybe the next few years. Is anything greenlit? ... guess Guardians is being shoehorned into here instead of them actually building something new. But it's better than Epcot I guess

Jones14

Others like @marni1971 or @wdwmagic can probably comment more, but last I heard, things are shifting around on this project. We should see something new in Stitch's place by the 50th absolute latest more likely to be 2018-2019 ish.
In your opinion, is what's coming a better fit for Tomorrowland than the proposed Sugar Rush attraction? I'm happy to wait if it means an attraction that better complements its surroundings.

Slowjack

Might I suggest they put these outside the berm and circling the base of SM? Permanent structures and out of sight, out of mind. But a nice perk for those that want them. Cash flow equals more content in theory.
Well, you wouldn't be the JT we all know if this wasn't your attitude, but I can't see how one would ever lead to another. It's not as if Disney doesn't have the financial resources to build, enhance, or refurbish all their parks. When they decide not to go forward with some park project, I assume that means they feel it's not the best use of their financial resources at that time, not that the resources aren't there.

If the cabanas prove a financial success to Disney, I don't see why anyone would expect them to take those new profits and sink them into an attraction or other idea that they could have done already. Instead, I would expect them to try to duplicate the success, either by making more cabanas elsewhere, or by finding other things that are like the canabas--high-end upcharge items that require small initial investments.

Princess Leia

I know that Tomorrowland is a far cry from what it was in the early to mid 90s, but is it just me, or is Guardians a better fit here? Guardians takes place on several different alien planets (like the planet that Tomorrowland was supposed to adhere to), and it makes more sense for it to be there than MILF.

If Disney is so set on keeping the Collector, just turn it into one of his galleries. You can keep Skippy that way (and maybe even bring in Howard the Duck or Cosmo the Space Dog). I'm not sure what the exact plot of the attraction would be, but it could be something like "The Collector invites you to visit his collection of alien beings" or something, and different aliens could pop up where Stitch is now. It could be terror-and-seatbelt-free. Nothing even has to go wrong until the end of the attraction. The last alien that the Collector brings out could be Rocket or Groot (...or Rocket and Baby Groot). Warning alerts sound, seats rumble, The Collector says something about intruders, lights go out, you hear glass shatter, Star-Lord/Drax/Gamora's voices are heard, and when the lights come back- Rocket & Groot are gone. The Collector apologizes for the trouble, and you're ushered out the door into the gift shop, where you are surrounded by Baby Groot merch.

Other than having to make a few new AAs, hiring the GOTG cast, and getting rid of all of the seat restraints, this sounds like a win/win for the parks. We don't have to worry about it being in a location that it shouldn't be (the discussion about IP in Tomorrowland has passed), and Disney makes money selling Baby Groots.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom