flyerjab

really? i was shocked we got so much given whats going on tomorrow

I agree. I love this new information as I wasn't expecting any Pandora news until tomorrow. The more stuff like this the better!! It makes for a more overall immersive experience. So many are waiting for the ride descriptions - and I have to admit so am I - but I want to learn about every square inch of this expansion. This is great news so far!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Still entertained by Snap Crackle and Pop here pretending that anyone wants an Avatar Land.

People might not "want" Avatarland like they want a Star Wars Land, but I think people will be pleasantly surprised once they actually see the land.

twebber55

Another statement that was notable was Chapek stating that the Na'vi River Journey is comparable to the Shanghai Pirates ride. I assume he is referencing the tech that is used as it is quite evident that the Na'vi ride is not nearly as grand in scale. Still like reading quotes like that though.
yeah i took that as a little hyperbole
im sure there are similarities but the ride will be significantly shorter

*Q*

People might not "want" Avatarland like they want a Star Wars Land, but I think people will be pleasantly surprised once they actually see the land.
Oh I agree, it just seems if you asked anyone 5-6 years ago most people would have said this would be very unlikely.

jt04

Just saw on Twitter that Bob Chapek stated - Guests will get to "actually ride on" a Banshee in Pandora. This of course echoes Iger's sentiments from before.

I am surprised so many here doubted Iger at his word. But still good to get confirmation.

sedati

I do like the idea of the history of the land- the nature of the planet in the process of erasing the tech that had invaded it. I also like the idea of the new tenants playfully adapting the leftovers for a more tourist friendly experience. Yes it's sci-fi, but these ideas have many similarities to how things have progressed in parts of our own world. I think these are the kind of things Rhode is best as displaying- the Animal Kingdom has such a multi-layered thought process that reads though everywhere. Yes it's a zoo, but it's also a commentary on man's rocky history with nature.

TyTrap

A few questions, so Windtraders will be the exit gift shop for both flight of passage and navi river journey? Is the Satu'li canteen the only restaurant along with Pongu Pongu as a beverage stand? And how many guest bathroom locations will there be? Dumb question I know but I'm curious. If I had to guess there would be 2 or 3.

cmarten

I mean I'm actually more excited for Pandora. The moon itself was absolutely beautiful and stunning. Especially the floating mountains. And then thinking about how high the level of theming is throughout AK (sans DinoLand) I can't wait to see what it is like when it's completed

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just saw on Twitter that Bob Chapek stated - Guests will get to "actually ride on" a Banshee in Pandora. This of course echoes Iger's sentiments from before.

I am surprised so many here doubted Iger at his word. But still good to get confirmation.

Disney is very good at marketing hype so it's understandable that people who be cautious about what they read into a statement like that. I think the caution was also warranted because it seems like a logistically difficult thing to pull off.

Don't get too excited. It's a vaguely flying animal-shaped and painted seat. 12 in a row. Think of a row of Soarin but with the seats each having a sculptured ridge and no backrest as such.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom