No Name

I hope they show us what flight of passage will look like. People are going to see it anyway so why continue to hide it from people?

To keep it a surprise, and produce a larger "wow" reaction among guests on opening day. Basically, it sacrifices some buzz now, in return for greater buzz near the opening of the land.

One strategy is that, if you get people excited half a year before the land opens, there's not much they can do with that anticipation. It's bound to slowly dwindle over the months ahead. But you allow people's excitement to really soar once the land is open, they'll hopefully be inclined to buy tickets while that "feeling" is still high.

The other strategy, the more familiar one, is that if you release a lot of key details along the way, you'll ramp up excitement and have the attraction be highly popular right out of the gate. That burst of popularity will hopefully "snowball" into a success for the park.

It's two different methods of marketing. Disney's goal is to strike the right balance between both.

As an example, Disney arguably went too far with the latter strategy by announcing Avatar Land a full six or so years before it will open.

Last edited:

Siren

Flight of Passage is supposed to be 3D. The riders are Na'vi who must follow the tradition of completing a Banshee Flight, in order to prove their worth.

I just don't see how this ride could make you feel like you are flying on your own Banshee on a ride platform that similar to Soarin'. But, anything is possible, I guess. This ride is going to be amazing.

I can't wait for more info this weekend!

DisneyRoy

Flight of Passage is supposed to be 3D. The riders are Na'vi who must follow the tradition of completing a Banshee Flight, in order to prove their worth.

I just don't see how this ride could make you feel like you are flying on your own Banshee on a ride platform that similar to Soarin'. But, anything is possible, I guess. This ride is going to be amazing.

That's because I don't think it's as similar to Soarin as people think it is. Soarin 2.0 this will not be.

Cesar R M

Just a bit of a side track . . . .

I just yesterday rode the "Fly Over America" attraction at the Mall of America.
It uses the Vekoma system, the one, I think, that is pictured here from time to time.
The load system was suspiciously like what we have seen in the blueprints, three sets of stairs
to three separate levels. When you sit, the room goes black and you are gently pushed forward
into the domed area, the film starts in the clouds with a fade up and you are off.

I thought it was, um, well, OK. More motion than Soarin', but not a ton. A bit of water spritz
and scent here and there. A "nice" experience.

The imagery, while digital, was blurry, and not what we are now used to seeing on 4K TV's, didn't
have that 'looking out a window' feel to it. That was my biggest disappointment. Blurriness.

In sum, I liked it, I would ride again, but my "imaginary bar" is so much higher for the immersion
and feel of Flight of Passage.

@1023 you are my hope to divulge a little of the system, image quality, etc. of Flight of Passage.

I assume it will be 3D with glasses, but the resolution needs to be insane . . . hoping for something
groundbreaking.

The Gringott's ride could have also used brighter projection and crisper resolution, for comparison,
since a lot of you would not have done the MOA ride.

Also . . . High Frame Rate. Please High Frame Rate . . . .

We shall see, we shall see . . .
misaligned projectors perhaps?

Cesar R M

you're probably just watching the natives do it, not yourself.
Hence why i think we will be riding something else than banshees and we will SEE physical banshees in the ride.

*Q*

Still entertained by Snap Crackle and Pop here pretending that anyone wants an Avatar Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom