Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

brb1006

It's going to feel weird without a nighttime parade for a while now. At least we can look forward to what the next electrical could be in the future.

MagicHappens1971

I could speculate but that's all it would be.
Okay :( any word on if MK can expect a nighttime parade the end of this year or early next year? I know it's not very likely that a parade is currently being built in secret so they'd have to start from scratch, if they're copying PTN from DL then really they would just have to start building it but I'd assume that takes almost a year?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So Disney can announce MSEP ending, giving it a appropriate farewell, but not SpectroMagic? They just brushed that parade under the rug.

MSEP came from DL for a temporary "Summer Nightastic" promotion and then it never left. Spectro has since been destroyed.

Awh :/ I knew Spectro was destoryed but I didn't know it was kinda random

Spectro was planned to be refurbed and return. It was then deemed not cost effective after it had closed.

MagicHappens1971

It wasn't originally budgeted to happen for a few years yet.

If what's happened this week adds to the existing call to accelerate the plan I don't know.
Thank you. I know you had mentioned that anything before the 50th would be an acceleration of the original plans. I guess time will tell. Thanks again for all the information you're always sharing with us :)

brb1006

Spectro was planned to be refurbed and return. It was then deemed not cost effective after it had closed.
If Disney kept the parade back stage for at least a few more years they would have gotten a chance to refurb it. Especially after the amount of money Frozen has made since late 2013.

MagicHappens1971

If Disney kept the parade back stage for at least a few more years they would have gotten a chance to refurb it. Especially after the amount of money Frozen has made since late 2013.
You keep mentioning Frozen in relation to Spectro, I know Frozen made TWDC a ton of money, but I don't see how that relates to them refurbing Spectro?

brb1006

You keep mentioning Frozen in relation to Spectro, I know Frozen made TWDC a ton of money, but I don't see how that relates to them refurbing Spectro?
They could use some of that money for smarter decisions TDO to be able to find a way to returb it. Then again I'm not an expert when it comes to stuff like that just my thoughts.

KikoKea

So..... our next trip 27 Sept-2 Oct seems to be a farewell tour. We'll see UoE, GMR, and MSEP one last time, tossing in ToT and RnRRC, just in case. Can't lie- MSEP is going to hurt. I love that repetitious song and those lady bugs. And Stitch.....we'll wave goodbye as we head to CoP- eh, so long!

MagicHappens1971

They could use some of that money for smarter decisions TDO to be able to find a way to returb it. Then again I'm not an expert when it comes to stuff like that just my thoughts.
I'm not expert either, but from prior experience to how TWDC/TDO allocates their money, I think it's very unlikely that they would've refurbed Spectro due to Frozen's success. Just my opinion

V_L_Raptor

I don't quite follow the "doesn't fit in a castle park" criticism either. The soundtrack is fun, upbeat and an earworm...just like MSEP. The idea that Disney can only be grand and sweeping and not fun and energetic isn't one I ascribe to.

Besides which, "grand and sweeping" had some massive budget cuts years ago. What else could they do?

deeevo

Just my arm chair IAMA Disney exec opinion. Someone may have brought this up but to many post to go through but reading between the lines is says that PTN will continue to preform during the holidays but they didn't say for how long. And since MK has Boo To You in Sept and October and then Mickey's Xmas parade that runs through December maybe PTN will run this Xmas in DL then pack up and move to MK in time for the slow season. MK really has a nighttime parade to get them through the holidays. And they may also think that it might increase ticket sales for MNSSHP and MVMC parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom