News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Mike S

I've seen a lot of discussions about it everywhere in social media.
I guess fanboys of Harley and Will Smith werent pleased to see "their precious" trashed that bad.
They'll never admit it but I think it's crystal clear that WB desperately wants to catch up to Marvel and is willing to pump out whatever they can and rush out Justice League. Say what you want about Marvel's many movies but they took time to introduce you to most of the characters before the big team ups. Not to mention they're all much better.

Next Big Thing

The only movie in this franchise that will be worth seeing is the Ben Affleck Batman movie and MAYBE Wonder Woman. JL, SS, and all others planned sound and look like they are going to be horrendous. But, I'm sure they will all be rebooted again in another 10 years in hopes that they can finally compete with Marvel.

The Dark Knight was and is to date the best superhero movie, though GOTG, Winter Soldier, and Civil War come awfully close.
I think the Cap America Trilogy competes pretty damn hard with the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Bocabear

how about this one?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/04/arts/teamlab-art-installation-tokyo/index.html

360 degree environment that reacts to you.
Ok that is amazing but seriously...imagine that filled chock full of people and strollers and kids screaming and running and tearing the lights down out of the ceiling... It is a beautiful idea but in the setting of a theme park I think it would be completely lost... you would have to add tons of railings and walkways and acrylic walls to keep people out of the lights and off the mirrors... then add water bottles drink cuops and ice cream wrappers to the floor...lol...

Next Big Thing

I feel like the modern urban environment of Zootopia could potentially clash too much with the rest of Animal Kingdom and DHS could use BH6 (and GotG) a lot more than Epcot could. Future World could be the absolute simplest thing to fix if they just did the work appropriately one pavilion at a time. Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and The Land are in much better shape than the others right now. Start with Imagination since it's probably the biggest underperformer and then go from there.

Wall-E is easy. All they have to do is bring out that free roaming AA they built from whatever vault he's in and have him roll around like any other character.

Nick & Judy's Crimestoppers
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Dick_Tracy's_Crime-Stoppers
"A good idea never dies at Imagineering..."
I have to disagree and say UoE is the biggest underperformer. The ride has a MASSIVE capacity that it never comes close to hitting due to being a 45-minute ride and stuffed in the back corner or FW (You almost wouldn't know it's there unless you're actually looking for it specifically).

So if we're comparing rides that under-perform based on meeting capacity (and general lack of interest, poor G-sat scores), then UoE is the one that needs to be fixed first.

Mike S

14-18 is much more normal than 12 imo. Even Universal right now going from Twister to Jimmy Fallon is going to take anywhere from 14-16 months from the looks of things.
Pretty impressive considering all the changes being made for Fallon. Despicable Me took 11 months by comparison and Frozen took 20 months and 17 days.

This is a pretty useful tool ;)
http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Last edited:

prberk

They would never do anything "weird" to Cinderella's castle!

View attachment 154647

Okay they would...
You know, these days the Pepto Bismol castle is not the saddest part of that picture...

It is the trees that are no longer there in the hub. The hub really was a lot more picturesque and park-like when it was landscaped with the trees. Remember how they used to have all kinds of little lights year-round and sparkle at night?

Next Big Thing

Pretty impressive considering all the changes being made for Fallon. Despicable Me took 11 months by comparison.
DM was a much simpler conversion though. It was mostly thematic elements that needed to be changed and getting the ride video together and just swapping it out.

With Fallon, they demolished everything and are building a completely new ride system within the building unlike DM.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As it stands there is a thought that Guardians would be more suited here than at Epcot. Which may be true for the park, but not the location.

Yes it's a movie attraction. Yes it's futuristic. But DHS needs all the help it can get, and GMR should be the all encompassing marquee attraction for the park. Which is why it needs to stay as an updated and refreshed GMR. Mickey is a perfect fit for the Art Deco of Sunset, on the Ranch expansion plot. GMR again needs to be the parks anchor. And Guardians could easily fit into a phase 3 elsewhere in DHS in a purpose built building to fit it's environment. It's not an Epcot IP.

But that's the most expensive option. Even if it might be the best.

prberk

Ok that is amazing but seriously...imagine that filled chock full of people and strollers and kids screaming and running and tearing the lights down out of the ceiling... It is a beautiful idea but in the setting of a theme park I think it would be completely lost... you would have to add tons of railings and walkways and acrylic walls to keep people out of the lights and off the mirrors... then add water bottles drink cuops and ice cream wrappers to the floor...lol...

Isn't that a contemporary version of the light rings that used to inspire us walking through the Imagination Pavilion? Remember that, when Epcot would aspire to inspire?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
As it stands there is a thought that Guardians would be more suited here than at Epcot. Which may be true for the park, but not the location.

Yes it's a movie attraction. Yes it's futuristic. But DHS needs all the help it can get, and GMR should be the all encompassing marquee attraction for the park. Which is why it needs to stay as an updated and refreshed GMR. Mickey is a perfect fit for the Art Deco of Sunset, on the Ranch expansion plot. GMR again needs to be the parks anchor. And Guardians could easily fit into a phase 3 elsewhere in DHS in a purpose built building to fit it's environment. It's not an Epcot IP.

But that's the most expensive option. Even if it might be the best.

I would think if they are going the cheap route, why not overlay Rockin Roller Coaster with Guardians, update GMR with new show scenes and use the expansion pad off Sunset with the Mickey Ride? Seems like a win win win in my book.

With Energy, I feel they could come up with thousands of Original CREATIVE ideas for that space that would still tie to the Epcot Mantra.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom