Spirited Special II: DHS Guardians Tower Not Dead; DL to Trade Nostalgia For Star Wars Pyro

Mike S

You mean the resort where they've added to DisneySea with loosely connected IPs?
And the resort with the most mediocre expansion this decade goes to...

I love 'em dearly, but too much grass is greener sometimes. They started the decade far higher and they've kept it far higher, but they are treading water like the best of them.

Next decade on the other hand......
The point I'm making is that you don't see them making asinine decisions like GotG: MB. When they expand they actually expand and don't play musical attractions. They don't shove in IP because whatever and still care about cohesive theming in their parks as proven by them turning down Cars, Avatar, and more Star Wars. Frozen is a natural fit for TDS imo. If WDW was ran the exact same way it would be much more preferable to what we have going on now.

HauntedMansionFLA

The point I'm making is that you don't see them making asinine decisions like GotG: MB. When they expand they actually expand and don't play musical attractions. They don't shove in IP because whatever and still care about cohesive theming in their parks as proven by them turning down Cars, Avatar, and more Star Wars. Frozen is a natural fit for TDS imo. If WDW was ran the exact same way it would be much more preferable to what we have going on now.[/QUOTE
You would think Disney would like to offer a while variety of Superhero content to the parks instead of everything GotG. The Incredibles would fit nicely where GMR is located.

lazyboy97o

The point I'm making is that you don't see them making asinine decisions like GotG: MB. When they expand they actually expand and don't play musical attractions. They don't shove in IP because whatever and still care about cohesive theming in their parks as proven by them turning down Cars, Avatar, and more Star Wars. Frozen is a natural fit for TDS imo. If WDW was ran the exact same way it would be much more preferable to what we have going on now.
Finding Nemo has now twice been shoved into the park. Toy Story existing in the early 20th century still makes no sense. Even the Jasmine's Flying Carpets is a plastic looking clash of aesthetics. Even the Frozen port is people fawning over expense and not theme.

Mike S

Finding Nemo has now twice been shoved into the park. Toy Story existing in the early 20th century still makes no sense. Even the Jasmine's Flying Carpets is a plastic looking clash of aesthetics. Even the Frozen port is people fawning over expense and not theme.
The park has ports that are anchored heavily by The Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones since day 1. Adding Frozen as a new port isn't much of a stretch. I will give you Nemo however.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
unsure if the third other is GMR or Rock'n Roller.. hoping the latter. But judging by Disney's asinine desire to put GOTG in anywhere other than where it belongs, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the Chinese Theater.

If that happens, I'm going to remind all the anti BAHers that perhaps that hat wasn't so bad....

matt9112

First, and I mean this with no irony - it's sad that 75%* of the people on a random Internet message board, with no experience running a multi-billion dollar company, are more qualified to lead a multi-billion dollar company than the person and next in command currently running that company.

*Not statistically proven

Second, where are all the suits that love Disney? The execs that love the parks? Where's Lasseter? I can't believe that there isn't anyone saying "enough is enough"!

the people that care get pushed out...plain and simple....relocated or "retire" or just change there opinions.

matt9112

Worse than DHS? I respectfully disagree. There's plenty of quality attractions to fill a day at Epcot, whereas DHS has only a handful of rides and a few crappy shows. I feel that despite the efforts to fix DHS, it still won't be enough. Epcot, probably comes in second to last on the list, but tied with DCA, in my opinion. All three parks need desperate help.

if you dont care for WS epcot is almost nothing and DHS is nothing....sadly i find myself more inclined to walk around and admire architecture than enjoy ride experiences.

lazyboy97o

The park has ports that are anchored heavily by The Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones since day 1. Adding Frozen as a new port isn't much of a stretch. I will give you Nemo however.
Frozen is not about its setting. If it is then it does fit in the Norway Pavilion rather fine.

Seabasealpha1

unsure if the third other is GMR or Rock'n Roller.. hoping the latter. But judging by Disney's asinine desire to put GOTG in anywhere other than where it belongs, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the Chinese Theater.
Really, I can see ANY film fitting into the Chinese theater if they frame it right...like...you're going to see a movie...and BAM! Suddenly you're in it...like the theater is some kind of portal or something...so...I'm good with it.

And if it be Guardians of the Galaxy, then great!

They leave my beloved Epcot alone...where that's concerned at least!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Only if you're joined by another 10 million or so like minded individuals....

Even now Disney states that WDW attendance is DOWN, Some put it at 30% in June let's assume that's wildly exaggerated and it was down 10% what happens when the NEXT recession rolls around and the once faithful don't bother showing up like they did after 9/11 and 2008. There is a lot of chatter on facebook and elsewhere of 'first timers' having distinctly 'unmagical' experiences and they will not be back.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So I know disney is going to get droves of people when SW land opens and I know the execs are counting on it, but my god I PRAY this comes back to bite them in the booty and no one shows up, and sales plummet, and disney dies.

*I am obsessed with disney and have loved it for years but they need to learn a lesson.*

With TWO count em TWO rides people who are expecting a fully immersive SW experience are going to be fearfully disappointed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Even now Disney states that WDW attendance is DOWN, Some put it at 30% in June let's assume that's wildly exaggerated and it was down 10% what happens when the NEXT recession rolls around and the once faithful don't bother showing up like they did after 9/11 and 2008. There is a lot of chatter on facebook and elsewhere of 'first timers' having distinctly 'unmagical' experiences and they will not be back.

Well, it's going to have to be a significant and verifiable drop in attendance. One that Visit Florida won't be able to ignore when it publishes tourism numbers for a particular year. Because you know Disney isn't exactly transparent about that number and Florida isn't going to be doom and gloom about one of the largest, if not the largest, contributors to a major segment of its economy. Especially the company that is the biggest single site employer in the state. Whatever TWDC wants in Florida, the governor and legislature quietly give them. Because Disney doesn't make that a public ask......

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well, it's going to have to be a significant and verifiable drop in attendance. One that Visit Florida won't be able to ignore when it publishes tourism numbers for a particular year. Because you know Disney isn't exactly transparent about that number and Florida isn't going to be doom and gloom about on of the largest, if not the largest, contributors to a major segment of its economy. Especially the company that is the biggest single site employer in the state. Whatever TWDC wants in Florida, the governor and legislature quietly give them. Because Disney doesn't make that a public ask......

It's why I used 2001 and 2008 as examples, But since then Disney has done everything in it's power to alienate the AP holders,Locals and DVC'ers who multiple insiders have noted Disney considers 'bad business' forgetting of course it was those same AP holders, Locals and DVC members who saved their bacon in 2001 and 2008.

DVC is only 'good business' when the members buy their points and pay their member fees otherwise Disney does not want them on property because they take up rooms that can be sold for cash. But Disney is happy to have the hotel maintenance bills paid by those same DVC members who I guess now Disney considers 'Useful Idiots'.

HauntedMansionFLA

With TWO count em TWO rides people who are expecting a fully immersive SW experience are going to be fearfully disappointed.
I still stay they should close Muppets down and use that area for Star Wars Land - that way Star Tours would be connected to the land. That way you would have at least four rides and plenty of dining. The peoplemover attraction being cut from the land was huge. they have no idea the kind of crowds this will bring in. Way to small.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom