Avatar construction aerial updates

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Have the former Camp MM bathrooms survived? I have lost track of where they were located.

upload_2016-7-1_9-56-10.png

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
im in a serious dilemma
i want them to take their time to get really intricate details but i also want it done tomorrow by the time i wake up
also, it doesn't look like they've made much progress on this building at all, as i believe it hasn't changed since the last set of aerialsView attachment 148810

What is that building? I'm so confused by the number of buildings if this was 2 attractions, a restaurant and bathrooms...seems like there is something more here.

It's a store.

dreamscometrue

It's fine but also a missed opportunity. I continue to be a bit flabbergasted at the cost of this project compared to what we will get.
I know it's crazy expensive, but I assume (with no knowledge of construction methods) just from my house renovations, that most of the cost is for the very labor intensive, intricate, detailed work. The photos I see look stunning and the person-hours to create this must be enormous, and exceedingly costly. It's certainly far, far more expensive than building a warehouse with a facade and putting in a track and some screens. I really think we will benefit from the amount of time and money Disney is spending on this, as I expect it to be perhaps the most immersive theme park land anywhere.

ToTBellHop

I know it's crazy expensive, but I assume (with no knowledge of construction methods) just from my house renovations, that most of the cost is for the very labor intensive, intricate, detailed work. The photos I see look stunning and the person-hours to create this must be enormous, and exceedingly costly. It's certainly far, far more expensive than building a warehouse with a facade and putting in a track and some screens. I really think we will benefit from the amount of time and money Disney is spending on this, as I expect it to be perhaps the most immersive theme park land anywhere.
Oh it will certainly be stunning to look at. It had better be at $1 bn.

HauntedMansionFLA

Are we "getting" any sort of walking trail as an attraction? Something like the Pandora version of maharajah jungle trek?
I believe a while back @WDW1974 said there was talk about a third attraction at Avatar which could be the trails. Disney is pretty tight lipped on the information about the land. I hope so. You would want a land where people want to spend time looking at all of the details. Not just ride two attraction then leave.

rioriz

Are we "getting" any sort of walking trail as an attraction? Something like the Pandora version of maharajah jungle trek?

There will plenty of "moments" throughout the land itself that will serve as what you might find in a trail attraction. A good amount of the Next Gen stuff is utilized in what I sure Disney will title an "attraction". The QS itself will even have a couple interactive elements.

I'm looking towards the right and direct left of the main entrance as focal points for smaller "attractions" and "moments"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom