Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

wdwfan22

BTW, not trying to be overly dramatic here, just hearing two different locales and can't confirm one over the other so I am opting to not place it out there, so I can read it on another site.

The other site is going with Mission Space for the Guardians update.

UpAllNight

Exciting news coming from those with people in the know. The timescale touted concerns me still. I don't think Epcot can limber on for another 3 or 4 years in its current state.

Frozen is a PR nightmare and with the second film on the way the crowds will only get worse.

What's the earliest we start moving on some of these updates/ rebuilds?

ToTBellHop

Exciting news coming from those with people in the know. The timescale touted concerns me still. I don't think Epcot can limber on for another 3 or 4 years in its current state.

Frozen is a PR nightmare and with the second film on the way the crowds will only get worse.

What's the earliest we start moving on some of these updates/ rebuilds?
This year. Budgets have been approved. There are no significant barriers to construction and largely we are talking about gutting portions of warehouses to install new content. New rides could go in at Disney's version of break-neck speed (so by late 2018? lol...). No real need for significant ground clearing and they already have ride buildings. Of course, the same could have been said for FEA and that took, I believe, 21 months.

FigmentJedi

It has an August release, right? LOL...
Yup. Not to mention Pete's Dragon being a B-List Disney movie already that's primarily known because of a parade float, the vast disconnect to the source material that turns it into a dull extended Gravity Falls episode down to the bumbling cop duo being the same, the director's choice of making the dragon into a giant dog because reptilian dragons can't be cuddly. Remakes made with a disrespect for the material have a tendency for failure. Sometimes they're able to sell themselves on other aspects like how Maleficent was able to make a ton of money on Angelina Jolie and the existing popularity of the character even though it took a steaming dump on the source material, but I haven't seen much hype for Pete's Dragon 2016 at all.

UpAllNight

This year. Budgets have been approved. There are no significant barriers to construction and largely we are talking about gutting portions of warehouses to install new content. New rides could go in at Disney's version of break-neck speed (so by late 2018? lol...).

I'd love Mission Space to go down 2016 ready to go, refreshed for my visit in May/June 2017.

Don't know what it is about that ride but I enjoyed it massively, but it had big, easy fix improvements that I feel would have enhanced it. Solid 7/10 but could be better.

ToTBellHop

Yup. Not to mention Pete's Dragon being a B-List Disney movie already that's primarily known because of a parade float, the vast disconnect to the source material that turns it into a dull extended Gravity Falls episode down to the bumbling cop duo being the same, the director's choice of making the dragon into a giant dog because reptilian dragons can't be cuddly. Remakes made with a disrespect for the material have a tendency for failure. Sometimes they're able to sell themselves on other aspects like how Maleficent was able to make a ton of money on Angelina Jolie and the existing popularity of the character even though it took a steaming dump on the source material, but I haven't seen much hype for Pete's Dragon 2016 at all.
It looks DREADFUL. I actually laughed when I saw that ridiculous flying dog during the trailer before Finding Dory. Felt kinda bad...all the 8-year olds stared at me a bit...

RSoxNo1

I hate that Epcot would be moving further away from EPCOT Center, but I definitely prefer this over Guardians of the Tower. I assume the logic for Mission: SPACE (assuming that's true) is that it could be done quicker.

UpAllNight

I'm intrigued by what sort of attraction to expect for guardians. For some reason I picture something similar to the awful Armaggedon special effects show in Paris. A coaster would be fun but I thought Tron was planned? They wouldn't go with 2 surely. Something along the lines of Gringotts but with a larger coaster section and more sets would be awesome.

My final question to those who maybe know is.....do we have to wait until D23 in 2017 for any sort of official confirmation, or am i going to log on here some time before and have a very pleasant suprise? :)

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Tbh I think the cop duo scene will be the best part of the movie, purely because of the Gravity Falls similarities.

Back to the topic at hand though, if GotG takes over the energy pavillion, what kind of ride would be put in there? The moving theater ride type that Ellen is wouldn't work, and there is WAY too much room in there to do just a Star Tours style simulator. Could we possibly see two new attractions coming?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom