Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Furiated

What about Innoventions?.... That might be the spot for it.

Agreed, that was the spot I thought was being referenced as barely used, the side that doesn't have the Meet and Greets (East?). I don't think they want to give up the festival space in WoL

Phicinfan

While it's still stupid, I prefer a FW pavilion over ruining our ToT. At least the Future World pavilions can more easily be rethemed in a few years. I wonder what thin story they will create so it ostensibly fits in Future World.

Since it will replace something unpopular, I'm sure it will be popular with most guests. Only us losers who remember WDW prior to about 1996 will be left to lament the continued death of Future World. Just change the name to Discoveryland already and be done with the charade.
GotG has a futuristic theme, if you have seen the movie, the main character is taken from Current time and transported to space, as the story goes on you learn why later. I can see an easy spin on this to tie into future world, I just wish it wasn't IP tied in. You could create a futuristic world in Mars or outer space and NOT tie it to GotG. But as some stated, I am excited for more happening at Epcot...or as @Mike S suggests, IPcot

Phicinfan

I like those retro Dinosaurs thank you very much.
And if GOTG moves into Wonders of Life, that means Inside Out is poised to kill our hopes and dreams for a Dreamfinder and FIgment reunion by taking over that pavilion.
was there any real question there? I am a HUGE fan of Figment, I loved the original, but I think the hand writing is on the wall, at least with Epcot. What scares me though, is all talk is on other side of FW, and nothing being even discussed for Imagination at all. Which is just sad.

Cody5242

Parkscope is reporting that GotG is going into Mission Space. If this is true I find it a very stupid move. Yes Mission Space needs a new film, but UoE really needs to be replaced. Is Disney just going to continue to let it sit there and rot?

ToTBellHop

Parkscope is reporting that GotG is going into Mission Space. If this is true I find it a very stupid move. Yes Mission Space needs a new film, but UoE really needs to be replaced. Is Disney just going to continue to let it sit there and rot?
Have not heard that one. Believe they are going a different direction with SPACE.

Last edited:

rioriz

Seems more of a Spitballing prediction to me...Im gonna stay with those here who have said Energy is the home

aaronml

It is not going into Mission: Space. There are updates planned for M:S but they don't involve GotG.

flyerjab

It is not going into Mission: Space. There are updates planned for M:S but they don't involve GotG.

Wow. It sounds like there are a lot of plans that they are looking at. From what UNI is doing now and will be doing in the next few years, Disney needs to keep responding. To me, Epcot has always been their ace in the hole, but I believe that 99% of the Epcot purists will be extremely disappointed from what it sounds like.

ToTBellHop

Wow. It sounds like there are a lot of plans that they are looking at. From what UNI is doing now and will be doing in the next few years, Disney needs to keep responding. To me, Epcot has always been their ace in the hole, but I believe that 99% of the Epcot purists will be extremely disappointed from what it sounds like.
I am aware of various levels of updates proposed or green-lit for 5 different buildings. It will cost more than the $350 million approved last year. If it all happens.

FigmentJedi

Gels with twisted executive logic to me: Guardians of the Galaxy is set in space, therefore its the perfect way to present space travel. Besides, Mission Space has been an underperformer amongst Epcot's E-Tickets for some time now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There is also a belief that GoTG cannot be used more than incidentally for an attraction. Orlando United is saying they can't and Robert from TPI outside of a deal. You guys are pretty sure they can do whatever they want beyond calling it 'Marvel'? Or believe a deal has already occurred?
The name. That's an interesting one.

I've heard nothing directly naming it either "Marvel" or "Guardians".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom