News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

P_Radden

There's a lot planned. Remember a few years ago I said there's big plans for Epcot but I didn't know if or when they'd happen? I can't see it all happening, hence "some".

There just seems too much. But I can't elaborate yet.
now don't be messin' with us!

Seriously though; FW getting a genuine dose of Imagineering love that even remotely has a "Epcot Center" feeling is what I would love to see. We can all break down the pavilions, entrance & spine, and details of it all.. But in the end, I just want to get a new dose of that good ol' "Epcot Center" vibe. @marni1971 can you say whether or not you got a good "Epcot Center"ish feeling from what you have seen?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
now don't be messin' with us!

Seriously though; FW getting a genuine dose of Imagineering love that even remotely has a "Epcot Center" feeling is what I would love to see. We can all break down the pavilions, entrance & spine, and details of it all.. But in the end, I just want to get a new dose of that good ol' "Epcot Center" vibe. @marni1971 can you say whether or not you got a good "Epcot Center"ish feeling from what you have seen?
Not exactly but I really can't say more at the moment. But nor am I feeling Norway again.

P_Radden

Funds not vanishing, Futureworld should be getting pretty again.
How much would it seriously cost to reverse it back to this?
cmcrext.JPG
flippedpic.jpg

A little demo, a little re-landscaping, a little paint, perhaps some new windows... Not even messing with the monuments, this alone couldn't cost more than $100 mil, could it?

clemmo

There's a lot planned. Remember a few years ago I said there's big plans for Epcot but I didn't know if or when they'd happen? I can't see it all happening, hence "some".

Edit. It's not just this park. Which makes it all the more.... curious.
Does this have anything to do with the MK possibly getting some love too for its 50th?

jhendrix

I seem to recall a proposed map of a re-imagining of Future World awhile back where FW was to be stripped of its concrete masses and replaced by lush gardens and waterfalls, similar in style to the never built WestCOT. Does anyone remember this image or have a link? It still seems like a good idea. The one negative thing about Epcot is the lack of shade anywhere and the concrete everywhere, making the park super hot on sunny days.

Haymarket2008

I seem to recall a proposed map of a re-imagining of Future World awhile back where FW was to be stripped of its concrete masses and replaced by lush gardens and waterfalls, similar in style to the never built WestCOT. Does anyone remember this image or have a link? It still seems like a good idea. The one negative thing about Epcot is the lack of shade anywhere and the concrete everywhere, making the park super hot on sunny days.

That was called Project Gemini, I believe. Interesting concepts....not too keen on them though. Anything that rips out Spaceship Earth for a roller coaster is no good in my book.

gmajew

Premium Member

Edit. It's not just this park. Which makes it all the more.... curious.

Marni is getting me excited!! Fingers crossed

gmajew

Premium Member
Cautiously optimistic could be a better way of putting it. Things won't change overnight. And it's still early days.

Marni the fact that they have admitted a problem and are working on a solution is a start in the right direction for this park.... I hope that the problem has been admitted all the way up the food chain though and not just WDI.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Marni the fact that they have admitted a problem and are working on a solution is a start in the right direction for this park.... I hope that the problem has been admitted all the way up the food chain though and not just WDI.
The problem was admitted two or three years ago I'm glad to say. I'm just a little surprised in the.... scale of some of the solutions.

odmichael

How much would it seriously cost to reverse it back to this?
View attachment 145929 View attachment 145930

A little demo, a little re-landscaping, a little paint, perhaps some new windows... Not even messing with the monuments, this alone couldn't cost more than $100 mil, could it?
"Always in motion the future is"

As beautiful as that is, we don't need Epcot to look like that. We need it to look like how it should look today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom