Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

FigmentJedi

Oh goodness no...as much as I do like the guy, I can't bear seeing Johnny Depp in another iconic Disney role...and you know that's who they'd cast in the film. Though I'm not sure if they would make him Figment or Dreamfinder.
Depp's too old for the comic's Dreamfinder

Cesar R M

Oh, it's a great movie; I still quote Cookie's "four food groups" line. I think the thing that really hurts it, again aside from the timing, is just how atypical it is from the Disney canon, and this is during a period when WDAS was releasing some very atypical films, like The Emperor's New Groove or Lilo & Stitch.
I love the lines of the demolition guy XD

Cesar R M

I believe so. But, they'd still spent some time and money on the pre-design phase, and that wound up being for nothing. And considering the other movies of the 2000-2006 period aren't really considered classics (with the exception of Stitch), one can't blame them for being gun-shy when it comes to approving stuff to tie-in to the parks, at least when Frozen debuted. Now that we've had a level of consistency, with the past four WDAS releases being unquestionable successes (and I fully expect Moana, Gigantic, and Frozen 2 to follow that trend), maybe we'll see a change in that.
but..but.. cost cuts!... bonuses!... stock prices!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
How about delving into this comic for a film?
4817926-dreamfinder+%26+figment.jpg

Very steampunk

Cesar R M

And now for something completely different.

By the way, Marvel in Tower of Terror? Still a bad idea. See, Mom, I can be on-topic.

Speaking of Rob, does he even gets gets tv/movies contracts nowadays?
Reminds me of that weird guy who spoke with a very retarded breathing accent and appeared a lot in comedy movies in the 80's.
he had this Rod Stewart look. Unfortunately I do not remember his name, but he appeared almost every teenager/punk//gang comedy
on the 80's early 90's

Matt_Black

Speaking of Rob, does he even gets gets tv/movies contracts nowadays?
Reminds me of that weird guy who spoke with a very retarded breathing accent and appeared a lot in comedy movies in the 80's.
he had this Rod Stewart look. Unfortunately I do not remember his name, but he appeared almost every teenager/punk//gang comedy
on the 80's early 90's

Not really. He stated a year or two back that the reason he hasn't had a lead role in a film in nearly a decade was because of THE LIBERALS. Yes, Rob, THAT'S why. It has nothing to do with the fact that your movies aren't very good and Hollywood finally caught on to that....

asianway

1. Can the popular Marvel characters be used in an area like Disney Springs for meet and greets? (Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man and so on)
2. With all of the characters in the Marvel universe, why can't Disney research a character that isn't within the Universal contract and develop movies/theme park attractions. There has to be some pretty cool characters that are out there if Disney would let people be creative.
Yes they've already used Captain America at a convention

Cesar R M

Not really. He stated a year or two back that the reason he hasn't had a lead role in a film in nearly a decade was because of THE LIBERALS. Yes, Rob, THAT'S why. It has nothing to do with the fact that your movies aren't very good and Hollywood finally caught on to that....
I hope Sandler is next, he hasn't been funny in quite a bit of time.

mimitchi33

My sister says that in order for Disney to put Marvel in its' parks, they would have to wait for Universal's contract with them to expire, since their characters were at that park before Disney got them. Does anyone happen to know when the Universal/Marvel contract ends, by any chance?
Well, the Hotel Transylvania movies have been pretty well-received...
And the recent one not only beat out Inside Out at the KCAs, it also made fun of people with diabetes!

dstrawn9889

it doesn't, the contract is 'in perpetuity' IIRC
Ahh, had to look for the verbiage... here it is

III. TERM
Once THE MARVEL UNIVERSE opens within the above time period, the term of this agreement shall continue for so long as a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall remain open (and operated consistent with the standards of the next paragraph below) at any Universal Theme Park (allowing for temporary closures for force majeure events or refurbishment/maintenance provided they are being diligently pursued), except for termination for material breach (with written notice and a reasonable opportunity to cure).

Each THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall be operated and maintained in a first class manner consistent with the highest standards of the theme park industry and shall be deemed “open” only when operated in such manner (subject to temporary closures for force majeure events as described in the prior paragraph).

At such time as any THE MARVEL UNIVERSE is no longer open at a particular Universal Theme Park, all exclusivity and marketing rights acquired by MCA as a result of the opening of such THE MARVEL UNIVERSE at such Universal Theme Park, as set forth in Section IV below, shall terminate and this Agreement shall thereafter be construed as if the notice of intent to open THE MARVEL UNIVERSE had not been given by MCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom