Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyhead'71

Definitely going to be huge. Definitely a slightly different demo than Frozen. I think it'll pull even more than Frozen. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Zelda. I'll be there everyday if they do something good with that series.
Universal is treating it like Star Wars. 9 acres, 2 E-Tickets, and detailed theming.

Unfortunately, I think Zelda will be used in the 3rd gate.

FigmentJedi

No doubt George has good ideas - it's the execution of those ideas where he fails.
Great directors have spent careers honing their skills; George unfortunately wasted away, resting on his early laurels.
And that's what George has been doing again since the Clone Wars, letting new people interpret and execute his ideas with good results.

What happened on the prequels was all his old collaborators and his director buddies were either busy with their own projects or insisted George could do it all himself.

Are you saying James Cameron is more creative then JK Rowling? Those are fighting words.
After the whole "Magic in North America" debacle that's supposed to be the backstory to the new Fantastic Beast movies, I think JK's starting to become "Prequels George" herself. Patronizing stereotypes of Native Americans like "Their religion is straight up nature magic" aside, somehow her idea of Magic America is based around overblowing the importance of the Salem Trials and deciding that the Wizarding America government is even more segregated from the Muggles (sorry, I mean "No-Maj") and restrictive than Magical Britain, complete with extensive Wand Control laws. She needed to do more research and get out of her English bubble

Last edited:

CastleBound

Universal is treating it like Star Wars. 9 acres, 2 E-Tickets, and detailed theming.

Unfortunately, I think Zelda will be used in the 3rd gate.
That would be a mistake to not include it in the first update of the park. It's one of their biggest franchises and could have tons of opportunity for rides or attractions.

Mike S

That would be a mistake to not include it in the first update of the park. It's one of their biggest franchises and could have tons of opportunity for rides or attractions.
It kind of makes sense though. Don't want to blow your load too early. Think of it like how they handled Harry Potter.

Brian Swan

now, like I said many times.. if Universal could get Dreamworks character rights..
and I mean more than just Shrek...
As long as we are so far off topic here... A while back I heard a rumor that Uni had gained, or was in the process of gaining, theme park rights to LOTR. Does anyone know if there is a kernel of truth behind this, or was is just "wishful thinking" on the part of some forum poster?

CastleBound

It kind of makes sense though. Don't want to blow your load too early. Think of it like how they handled Harry Potter.
True. Hopefully they take their time and create something completely immersive. I've longed to stand in Hyrule since I was a kind. Universal... Make it happen. Hell, they can build their own castle.

Brian Swan

Are you saying James Cameron is more creative then JK Rowling? Those are fighting words.
I think equal, in different ways. JK has created a wonderful "parallel" world of wizards coexisting with "muggles" that includes well developed characters and a fair amount of history to support her "world". She has infinite possibilities to expand her world by going back decades - or even centuries - before the events of the Potter books. Cameron has created an entirely new world with a complex alien ecosystem that is "science based" and is visually stunning. His weaknesses are that the characters that we have seen so far are two-dimensional cut-outs bordering on clichés and the plot of Avatar was lumbering and pedantic.

Mike S

But back on topic - Any new pictures of the rockwork being built in Norway?
Here you go.
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom