Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So purely hypothetical (at this point)... but if this were to go forward and I were to bring a sign into the park saying "Save ToT" take a couple pictures and plaster it all over my social media accounts in a few months... is that parks ban territory?

Just don't dress up in costume and try to climb an attraction... Oh, wait, Spidey climbing up the Tower with a sign would be intriguing.

Mike S

So purely hypothetical (at this point)... but if this were to go forward and I were to bring a sign into the park saying "Save ToT" take a couple pictures and plaster it all over my social media accounts in a few months... is that parks ban territory?
New social media account: The Hollywood Tower Hotel Preservation Society

Might get me to actually join Twitter

DisneyPrincess5

I am so confused.
Can someone shed some light on why they would think to do this at all?
Like, did a group of Disney Importants sit in a room and spin a wheel and whatever it landed on, that's what they attack?
Why ToT? Is it not being trafficked enough and they think this will revive it? It cannot be the CBS issue.

I'm trying to find some kind of rational reasoning and I can't arrive at any kind of conclusion.
Or maybe the fact that I'm trying to be rational is the problem....

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am so confused.
Can someone shed some light on why they would think to do this at all?
Like, did a group of Disney Importants sit in a room and spin a wheel and whatever it landed on, that's what they attack?
Why ToT? Is it not being trafficked enough and they think this will revive it? It cannot be the CBS issue.

I'm trying to find some kind of rational reasoning and I can't arrive at any kind of conclusion.
Or maybe the fact that I'm trying to be rational is the problem....

I think you just answered your question....

Haymarket2008

They're really going to do this before the movie even comes out? The first movie didn't even make the box office explode.....it doesn't seem like the current company's way to invest so much into something they haven't made money on yet...

BrianLo

I'm curious for a minute - if ToT changes in DCA (as part of the new Marvel land) and DHS stays Twilight Zone... do people absolutely still despise that?

I think there is pretty much across the board agreement that it doesn't make a lick of sense in DHS, but this idea was purely born out of DCA. I know someone somewhere wants to spread costs out, but I just really don't see this actually getting off the ground at DHS. TDO's cheapness may actually achieve some good for once.

Maybe I deserve to be flogged, but I kind of can get behind the proposal (for DCA only), if it is executed well.

Atomicmickey

I'm curious for a minute - if ToT changes in DCA (as part of the new Marvel land) and DHS stays Twilight Zone... do people absolutely still despise that?

I think there is pretty much across the board agreement that it doesn't make a lick of sense in DHS, but this idea was purely born out of DCA. I know someone somewhere wants to spread costs out, but I just really don't see this actually getting off the ground at DHS. TDO's cheapness may actually achieve some good for once.

Maybe I deserve to be flogged, but I kind of can get behind the proposal (for DCA only), if it is executed well.

I just went on a long walk and thought the same thing. If WDW stays the same, fine.
I know that might be unpopular.

Also on that walk--and I saw this on the thread as well---I thought RnRC could make a great
GoTG ride. I would not cry over that.

More problematically, either way . . . . Sunset Blvd. would be going away, away . . . the whole
spoke would have to be rethemed . . . . and perhaps this is the beginning of it becoming "Marvel Way",
in something like "Disney's Gateway to Lands of the Movies" or something like that.

This is just awful, awful news. The worst.

Cesar R M

Trying to remember if Doctor Strange is anywhere in Marvel Superhero Island. Because swapping out Rod Serling for Benedict Cumberbatch is actually believable and a story about a dimension hopping wizard guy would be way more simple and low effort to put in there versus a space show.

Like imagine a projection mapping crazy version of the Fifth Dimension hallway like some kinda modern CG version of this.
strangescan.jpg

That connection would make sense if Adam Warlock was included in this version of Guardians of the Galaxy (the cinematic universe one)
Because he also dealt with multi dimension stuff.

RSoxNo1

That could be a way to stop this before it gets out of the boardroom. Blast them on Twitter and any other social outlet. If enough people go after them they might actually listen and put their money elsewhere ... like maybe a talent coach for Dr. Jen Baker, so her on screen appearances don't come across so ... stiff and robotic. A PHD in Social Media? Seriously? :rolleyes:
I've already tweeted @Joe_Rohde, I suggest others do the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom