News New security measures

awilliams4

Unchanged, because they are in a fixed location and can't be mistaken for real weapons.

When PhotoDave said something last night like tomorrow this thread would explode, I had a hard time falling to sleep thinking they were going to gut TSI and the Shooting Arcade!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Fixed, yes. Can't be mistaken for real weapons? Really? But the bubble guns can be? LOL! Whole thing is silly. December 2015 might have been my last trip. I haven't flown in 10'years because I have rejected the tyranny. Haven't carried a bag into a park in almost 15 years. Think I'll just sit home, polish my guns, drink scotch and watch my copy of A Dream Called Walt Disney World.
It is far easier to say no to all toy guns, rather than to try and break it down into which type of toy gun could be mistaken for a real one. After dark, and in crowds, anything remotely gun like could be mistaken.

Travel Junkie

I think this is the key to it all. There is something outside of public knowledge that has forced the parks into doing this. It wasn't a Disney organized plan to do this - it was somehow pushed onto them. This was all done at the very last minute, and with little time for planning.

Now going forward there could be plans to do a proper permanent install that will screen everyone in some way, but this to me is clearly a temporary situation done to meet a specific need.

This needs to be read again. We don't know what we don't know.

dstrawn9889

ok, then let me know which is the real and which is the toy...
1911.jpg

PhotoDave219

But you're making an assumption (a reasonable one I acknowledge) that the goal is to screen out weapons. What I'm trying to say is that none of us know what they were alerted to that prompted this change. That all of the park operators made essentially the same change on the same day suggests something specific they were alerted to.

Everything beyond that is hyperbole, fear-mongering and negativity for it's own sake.

Valid point. And yes, everything happening instantly & overnight is disturbing in its own right.

FigmentsFangirl

So is my pirate flintlock from the early 90's before orange cap rules worth a fortune now?
Might be, I managed to get a flintlock from Downtown disney when they were still there before going to the obviously fake plastic guns; the POTC guns, the wooden ones, Used to see all sorts of people crowding around that stand to get one or even get a price of one. Then they went all fake and clearly plastic and nobody went near them

Polydweller

Valid point. And yes, everything happening instantly & overnight is disturbing in its own right.
It is disturbing. Whatever the thing is that brought about this screening, it was significant enough and reliable enough to get all the theme parks to day this on the same day with the same hurried implementation. We will likely never be told be we can be sure it was significant.

Blairnicol

I thought adults were already banned from wearing costumes in the parks, with the exception of MNSSHP? Does this emphasizing of this mean that they are cutting it out of the parties too, or are the just restating it to cover their butts?

FigmentsFangirl

I thought adults were already banned from wearing costumes in the parks, with the exception of MNSSHP? Does this emphasizing of this mean that they are cutting it out of the parties too, or are the just restating it to cover their butts?
I think restating it to cover their tails; I was given info that one could still wear costumes at the halloween parties, but they can't wear the costume in question through the bag check/security area. I was also told the info I had been given was subject to change without notice

Blairnicol

It is disturbing. Whatever the thing is that brought about this screening, it was significant enough and reliable enough to get all the theme parks to day this on the same day with the same hurried implementation. We will likely never be told be we can be sure it was significant.
Honestly-I'm ok with that. Don't need the fear of what COULD be in my head...and if there was a credible threat I'm glad they are taking preventative measures.

Blairnicol

I think restating it to cover their tails; I was given info that one could still wear costumes at the halloween parties, but they can't wear the costume in question through the bag check/security area. I was also told the info I had been given was subject to change without notice
hmmm

lazyboy97o

But you're making an assumption (a reasonable one I acknowledge) that the goal is to screen out weapons. What I'm trying to say is that none of us know what they were alerted to that prompted this change. That all of the park operators made essentially the same change on the same day suggests something specific they were alerted to.

Everything beyond that is hyperbole, fear-mongering and negativity for it's own sake.

This needs to be read again. We don't know what we don't know.
According to the President there is no specific threat and we shouldn't change how we go about our lives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom