Possible Frontierland expansion

Matt_Black

I can definitely see them announcing a Star Wars Land at D23, even if they don't elaborate much further than, "It's coming at sometime." George Lucas is being inducted as a Disney Legend this year, and that seems an opportune time from a corporate synergy standpoint.

Capsin4

We were talking about this on another thread, but I took the largest show building I know of (Small World) in pink, and used it to show other places attractions of that size could fit using a park map...Just for fun I also used Peter Pan's Flight show building..
It does look like there is room between Pirates and Splash for something, but yes, will have to reconfigure parade route.View attachment 101722
I'd prefer to put IASW somewhere north of NFL...or maybe Epcot if were're moving things. Just about all the land within Floridian Way north of the park is buildable, though the canal up there may be more of a problem than the RR. If they reroute Floridian Way and the canal and can use some of the marginally suitable land, they have enough land to pretty much double the park, especially with other expansion pads around the park.

Those pads in your map would work for new stuff. I think there's a pad behind POC and one on the pond south of SpM too.

Last edited:

asianway

Biggest obstacle is Train Tracks! you would have to go under them at Splash to go around Big Thunder to access the back of the Rivers Of America where you would be outside the train loop, and then cross back under them near Haunted Mansion to get back within the park...
Or Dock the Liberty Belle and bridge across TSI... which would be a shame... Maybe go with smaller boats and make the back of the Rivers Of America exciting...Great effects and Scenery...then there would at least still be river traffic and a sort of a new attraction on the river... TSI would be more used, Aunt Polly's would get an overhaul and be used all the time....Actually I would initially be against the idea of docking the Belle, but... this could add a lot of plusses.
No, the biggest obstacle is the canal. The train tracks have been dealt with many times at DL/WDW

Capsin4

IASW is not going to be moved not in the next round of expansions at MK. Just not going to happen. They have to many other options still.

Yeah, even if they get to the point of using the north area, I don't see how they can handle the crowds with only the current entrance.

At their pace, this is more like a 50 year plan.

docandsix

I'm finding the same people who hate on Tom Sawyer's Island are the same people hating on the Speedway.

I guess I am the outlier, then. In my opinion, Tom Sawyer's Island is essential to the design and tone of the Magic Kingdom, especially to Frontierland itself. I consider the Speedway, on the other hand, a colossal waste of space (and time, on the rare occasions our family troubles to experience it).

PorterRedkey

I'm finding the same people who hate on Tom Sawyer's Island are the same people hating on the Speedway.

I love TSI and don't care for the speedway. I realize the speedway is not for me. For the younger set it is pretty awesome. Kids dig it. I think they could at least go to electric cars to cut down on some of the fumes for cast members.
I think if we had a better track at WDW people wouldn't complain so much. When you look at the other speedway track configurations, they are all more interesting than Orlando's. I wouldn't think of removing DL's Autopia.

djlaosc

I'm also finding the expansion in question might not be as wet as we feared.

Do you mean not a raft/rapids/water ride or do you mean that it will not involve expanding into the waterways of the Rivers of America/docking of the Liberty Belle Riverboat/bridges to Tom Sawyer Island?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom