Possible Frontierland expansion

bakntime

Sorry if someone's already said this - I've not caught up on the whole thread yet.

Isn't the hub concretification project a prime example?

They've filled in an existing waterway with dirt, concreted over the top and added some astroturf.
I'm not saying it would appear, but there certainly is a president.
You're going to compare the filling in of a small percentage of the waterway to converting the entire Rivers of America into a solid faux-ice river? They needed to widen the walkways and create some more standing room for the fireworks. The hub still has the majority of the waterway in-tact. I was worried at first, but it's clear from the current state of it that it still retains most of the waterway. The entire area, for my taste, was incredibly well done considering they were basically left with no choice but to make this change.

jt04

JT - You just leave Splash alone, please and thank you. T'aint nothing wrong with it, exactly the way it is!

Great ride system. One of the best ever. Everything else needs reimagining. Also removing/relocating the train station would help solve the crowd control problems in the area.

IMO.

Matt_Black

Great ride system. One of the best ever. Everything else needs reimagining. Also removing/relocating the train station would help solve the crowd control problems in the area.

IMO.

Now, I accept that people can have all sorts of opinions, and none are necessarily wrong.

Except yours about Splash Mountain. ;) It's quite possibly one of the finest Disney attractions ever.

bakntime

Don't touch Splash Mountain. Just get those laughing place fountains dancing properly like they're supposed to (the ones that used to hop over the top of the logs ... are they still missing?) and it'll be all good.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
well TSI is taking up a lot of space... so filling (some) of the water ways in to create a nice attraction space wouldn't be bad.... but what could the attraction be?

They could do something with Woody but with Buzz in the MK and what they are going to be doing at DHS... well how about something else.

I personally would like to see a large indoor family ride - I'm all about fast thrill coasters and such, but please no more water get you soaked to the bone rides especially that close to Splash...and with Frontierland theme, assuming they stick with that theme... that limits a lot of things in my opinion

what is the speculation?

MerlinTheGoat

Don't touch Splash Mountain. Just get those laughing place fountains dancing properly like they're supposed to (the ones that used to hop over the top of the logs ... are they still missing?) and it'll be all good.
The jumping fountains were working back in April and May when I rode, I don't know if this has changed since. I will say that the jets don't sync to jump at the precise moment the logs pass directly underneath. They only seem to jump while there are no boats passing under. This may have been different in the past, I can't recall whether they used to pass over the boats in the 90's when the ride was new.

The ride as a whole looked fairly decent. Probably 98-99% of the ride was in excellent condition, though there were two noticeable animatronic issues (fountains looked fine). The Brer Bear animatronic with the beehive on his nose was missing movement, only the head was moving (the body was stationary, the main body is supposed to wobble around on the floor). And one of the laughing turtles riding the fountains in the Laughing Place was missing (this particular figure had been having issues during previous rides last year, no movement).

Articos mentioned that Splash wasn't going anywhere in this expansion. He also said Big Thunder was safe and would be "getting better" (presumably a good refurb to add the Disneyland enhancements).

Last edited:

Bocabear

That whole area on the waterfront from Splash to Big Thunder is ALWAYS a congested mess. Why add more attractions to that side of the park? They need to spread the crowds out to the other side of the hub...Frontierland is busy enough...Move the new construction to Tomoorrowland.

dizneycrazy09

I'm trying to consolidate in my command center upstairs all of the rumors that have been flying around as of late.It's difficult to imagine that everything that has been rumored would be thrown onto the table at D23. It seems to me that IF (and that's a big if) everything that is rumored does indeed come to fruition, things could be announced over SEVERAL media events as opposed to just one word vomit of information at D23. In my rational thinking brain, I'm imagining a separate announcement for anything that will be happening pertaining to WDW's 50th. Would I even be off base to assume that work could begin in MK or Epcot (whatever work that ends up being) prior to an announcement? Just thinking out loud...

Shaman

I would imagine we get some specifics about the DHS Pixar expansion at D23, maybe a brief mention of Star Wars with a wide concept shot of the project? Pixar will happen quicker than anything else...if I understand the rumors posted in the forums.

Specifics on long term stuff like Star Wars Land, MK/Epcot additions...that will probably come beyond this year.

But I know as much as Jon Snow so....:D

MotherOfBirds

Is there any particular reason why Frontierland is getting this expansion over AL or TL? They're both in need of more attractions and there are more Disney IP's and attractions at other parks that could fit there than Frontierland. Other than Pocahontas and Lone Ranger (both of which are not popular by any stretch), I can't think of another Disney IP that could fit there that wasn't made in the 60's and 70's. Not that they need an existing franchise, as I would absolutely like to see an attraction with an original story installed anywhere in WDW, but I'm not naive enough to think that will be their first choice.

Rodan75

That whole area on the waterfront from Splash to Big Thunder is ALWAYS a congested mess. Why add more attractions to that side of the park? They need to spread the crowds out to the other side of the hub...Frontierland is busy enough...Move the new construction to Tomoorrowland.

I think the only way this makes sense is if they create a loop between Big Thunder and Haunted mansion...which would either have to go North of TSI or would have to Dock the Liberty Bell for good. Otherwise you are right, it doesn't make sense to add foot traffic to that corner of the park.

dstrawn9889

hate to be the debbie downer today, but who has said ANYTHING will be announced at D23? last time we got nothin, before that more nothin, come to think of it, the only time we got anything of substance was after a massive leak happened and Disney was trying to spin it as an intentional leak, IIRC, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom