Possible Frontierland expansion

Bocabear

Biggest obstacle is Train Tracks! you would have to go under them at Splash to go around Big Thunder to access the back of the Rivers Of America where you would be outside the train loop, and then cross back under them near Haunted Mansion to get back within the park...
Or Dock the Liberty Belle and bridge across TSI... which would be a shame... Maybe go with smaller boats and make the back of the Rivers Of America exciting...Great effects and Scenery...then there would at least still be river traffic and a sort of a new attraction on the river... TSI would be more used, Aunt Polly's would get an overhaul and be used all the time....Actually I would initially be against the idea of docking the Belle, but... this could add a lot of plusses.

cheezbat

This has really got me thinking...if its a Frontierland expansion, could it go between Pirates and Splash? I'm sure they could work the parade backstage areas around it.
Could this open up that Expsnsion pad and not affect Tom Sawyer Island? And if it uses that expansion pad, what's to say that area is a part of Frontierland and not a new land altogether?

So many questions..

Bocabear

We were talking about this on another thread, but I took the largest show building I know of (Small World) in pink, and used it to show other places attractions of that size could fit using a park map...Just for fun I also used Peter Pan's Flight show building...
It does look like there is room between Pirates and Splash for something, but yes, will have to reconfigure parade route.
Map for attraction locations.jpg

andre85

Biggest obstacle is Train Tracks! you would have to go under them at Splash to go around Big Thunder to access the back of the Rivers Of America where you would be outside the train loop, and then cross back under them near Haunted Mansion to get back within the park...
Or Dock the Liberty Belle and bridge across TSI... which would be a shame... Maybe go with smaller boats and make the back of the Rivers Of America exciting...Great effects and Scenery...then there would at least still be river traffic and a sort of a new attraction on the river... TSI would be more used, Aunt Polly's would get an overhaul and be used all the time....Actually I would initially be against the idea of docking the Belle, but... this could add a lot of plusses.

You know, I'm not a huge fan of docking the Belle...but I kind of dig your idea. If they can deliver the same basic ideas as now, while adding to it--I'm all on-board.

aladdin2007

We were talking about this on another thread, but I took the largest show building I know of (Small World) in pink, and used it to show other places attractions of that size could fit using a park map...Just for fun I also used Peter Pan's Flight show building...
It does look like there is room between Pirates and Splash for something, but yes, will have to reconfigure parade route.View attachment 101722

While that area is not a designated expansion pad, I suppose anything is possible of course if they put their money to it,,,but the expansion pad (really for adventureland) is south west of pirates, outside the berm. I think if this frontierland expansion is greenlit we would see it to the north of frontierland.

Bocabear

While that area is not a designated expansion pad, I suppose anything is possible of course if they put their money to it,,,but the expansion pad (really for adventureland) is south west of pirates, outside the berm. I think if this frontierland expansion is greenlit we would see it to the north of frontierland.
I was just trying to show that there is more space available within the current footprint of the park before expanding beyond the current borders....and also showing that there is a lot of room in Tomorrowland for much needed expansion!

aladdin2007

I was just trying to show that there is more space available within the current footprint of the park before expanding beyond the current borders....and also showing that there is a lot of room in Tomorrowland for much needed expansion!

yes something other than using up expansion space for management parking, honestly they make me :banghead: sometimes. though the same goes for the expansion pad between mexico and norway, half useage. ugg.

jt04

It does look like there is room between Pirates and Splash for something, but yes, will have to reconfigure parade route.View attachment 101722

I would feel a lot better if you pasted IaSW over in Epcot.

jt04

Mr Sotto once suggested tunnels under the river to the island. Not that difficult really. Though personally I would still want the riverboat docked or relocated as the scale is off and so much more can be done with the area.

ToTBellHop

Mr Sotto once suggested tunnels under the river to the island. Not that difficult really. Though personally I would still want the riverboat docked or relocated as the scale is off and so much more can be done with the area.
Such a tunnel would be a real treat during afternoon thunderstorms.

HauntedMansionFLA

Is there any particular reason why Frontierland is getting this expansion over AL or TL? They're both in need of more attractions and there are more Disney IP's and attractions at other parks that could fit there than Frontierland. Other than Pocahontas and Lone Ranger (both of which are not popular by any stretch), I can't think of another Disney IP that could fit there that wasn't made in the 60's and 70's. Not that they need an existing franchise, as I would absolutely like to see an attraction with an original story installed anywhere in WDW, but I'm not naive enough to think that will be their first choice.
Bring on the Apple Dumpling gang

zooey

hate to be the debbie downer today, but who has said ANYTHING will be announced at D23? last time we got nothin, before that more nothin, come to think of it, the only time we got anything of substance was after a massive leak happened and Disney was trying to spin it as an intentional leak, IIRC, right?
Because they already scheduled a parks and resorts presentation in the largest hall. Last d23 they did not have a presentation at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom