A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Yeah, lame knockoff of this guy

MEGAMAID!..
IT GONE FROM SUCK TO BLOW!!

Trollin aint easy.

Aaah, I remember that famous image macro that mocked that.

"Back in the days, trolling meant something"
quQr01w.jpg

Cesar R M

I agree that there are several attractions that don't need FP+, but if they were to remove them, their whole system of trying to balance the crowds throughout the park would crumble.

And obviously, you could argue that that means they should have never changed the system at all.

I'd argue that there should be no FP at all.

But with the system as it is now, my wife and I love it. We apparently are among a minority of locals that do, because I've been assured here that it is a terrible system for locals.

But, I love having a plan, knowing we can show up after work and hop on at least 3 headliners with ease. And all it usually takes is 1 days notice for that convenience, most often same day is fine unless it's a holiday week.

As far as TDO's hopes of keeping us in the park longer and spending more ... That has failed miserably.
FP+ would be perfect for those attractions that are full to the seams most of the time (for planning).
Most other attractions are not required.

Like many people said. MM+ is more management tool than actually helping visitors.
perfect to know which attraction will get the highest load and require more CMs or Maintenance.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Subscribers are down, but ESPN is uniquely positioned from an advertising revenue perspective. Live Sports are the only content out there that's relatively immune from DVR, on demand, and Netflix. If Cable falls, ESPN will fall the least, not the most.
I think people will go into ON DEMAND for the sports/matches they want, than to have the channel active all the time.

"To our new Chinese Overlords, I present to you this gift of our appreciation!"
"I for one, welcome our new Chinese Disney Overlords"

RandySavage

^Burgower, there will be a Many Adventures of Pooh darkride (its showbuilding is visible in all the construction/sat pics)... I'm not sure why it wasn't included on the official SDL site, which otherwise contains a comprehensive listing of attractions.

Lots of neat stuff to chew over regarding the specifics of SDL's design.

Cesar R M

Oh and there will be Tai Chi with Donald and Chip and Dale. I'm not making this up.
I'm imagining what kind of costumes they will have.

Where is @WDW1974? We finally get on topic and he's missing it.
he had to go to see minions in protest for Iger's wax statue in Shangai? ;)

I bet they might be selling Mickey Mouse gas masks when the smog get's the best/worst of the park.
th

hah! we had the same idea!

ItlngrlBella

after seeing the tomorrowland video, it seems like most or much of the TRON coaster is outside, and just covered by a glass roof, which is disappointing...doesn't exactly bring me into "the grid" that way.

It will be best done at night. Also, their Tomorrowland actually looks futuristic. Go figure. I'd love to see the WDW speedway torn out for an indoor version of Tron. One can dream...

Quinnmac000

Okay new question, will Disney be shipping cast members over from America like they do in Japan for the shows and entertainment at SDL? Especially if all the princesses are supposed to be represented in this park...I can see one being a huge problem. Just asking after noticing all the dancers in the Tarzan preview were of Asian descent which is good

And in the fantasyland pavilion, there is Mulan presence in the video but weird they didn't get a live actor for her but they did for Snow White.

BrianLo

I hope I don't see smog when the park actually opens.

Odds are a lot better for a clear day now that it has a Spring opening.

after seeing the tomorrowland video, it seems like most or much of the TRON coaster is outside, and just covered by a glass roof, which is disappointing...doesn't exactly bring me into "the grid" that way.

You can watch the tomorrowland segment http://news.qq.com/zt2015/shdr/index.htm, for some snapshots of a more complete ride experience. It's more akin to Test Track. The majority of the ride takes place indoors.

Noticed a couple of observations
1. No pooh dark ride which is a surprised to me but I can see that they want the Many adventure of Winnie the Pooh to be exclusive to HKDL
2. Also it Interesting that they are using Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland instead of the classic film

There is definitely a Pooh ride. Why it is not directly discussed likely is tied to Hong Kong. What we don't know, and I said this yesterday before the onslaught of news, is if Pooh is significantly different than the HK/MK versions. Buzz and Pan are updated/changed, but I have a feeling Pooh may not be. That would be a little disappointing if true, but SDL is batting 90+% unique at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom