Tomorrowland Dance Party

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
There you go again with words like "abomination" and "ashamed." IT'S A FREAKING THEME PARK.

8bcee04ab73e46516b933048dc1232a504f8382d2371853f3ff95672f17faa76.jpg
I'm married and would bet all my Disney shares she's better than yours.

Hate to tell you boss, Disney is a lot more to me than a theme park. Is that stupid? Maybe, but I'm man enough to admit it.

I love Disney and it goes deeper than a "just a theme park" for me.

EnergyKing

With all the Iphones with internet access in the hands of every other park goer, is a dance party really necessary? People are distracted enough, everyone has ADD. What happened to just being immersed in the experience? Do we need to reminded constantly that the outside world still exists?

Bairstow

With all the Iphones with internet access in the hands of every other park goer, is a dance party really necessary? People are distracted enough, everyone has ADD. What happened to just being immersed in the experience? Do we need to reminded constantly that the outside world still exists?

Maybe people don't need to be distracted, but they do really want to dance?

Is your problem with the dancing or with the modern music?

Since it's Tomorrowland, what if it was future music?

Appropriately enough, this event is called "Tomorrowland"

EnergyKing

Was there a demand for dancing in the first place? Do people actually go into the Magic Kingdom with the intention of dancing? Sure, if music is playing, loud thumping techno music, very loud, to a crowd of theme park guests, I'm sure it will have a rhythmic effect on some people. But is it filling some void that existed previously? Is it adding more magic to the experience of Tomorrowland?

Last edited:

Bairstow

Was there a demand for dancing in the first place? Do people actually go into the Magic Kingdom with the intention of dancing? Sure, if music is playing, loud thumping techno music, very loud, to a crowd of theme park guests, I'm sure it will have a rhythmic effect on some people. But is it filling some void that existed previously? Is it adding more magic to the experience of Tomorrowland?

Runmyhorse

The dance party doesn't really bother me or my kids. We don't ride Cop and the music during people mover and astro orbiter we just ignore it. It doesn't effect us one way. We choose to go and have fun. We actually get a kick out of watch some adults trying to dance. Let's face it kids love the dance party and as long as kids are happy that's all that matters.

Matt_Black

Regarding the fact that today's music is being played in Tomorrowland so it OBVIOUSLY doesn't make sense, I'd just like to point out that one of the most popular and best-selling albums of 2014 was the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack, and that didn't have any songs more recent than the mid-80s. And to someone from the 80s, 2014 is Tomorrowland, so there you go.

space42

Because Fantasyland is already a giant mass of humanity. If you're doing to drop a people-sponge some place, you're going to drop it in an area with small native crowds and no through traffic.

It is currently in front of one of the most popular attractions in the park! (Space Mountain)

You know what would be a better 'people-sponge'? More attractions! I know, I know - if they build more attractions, more people will come. Guess what? More people are coming regardless - they need SOMEWHERE to put them. The fact that there are less attractions in the Magic Kingdom than 1994 is part of the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom