Tomorrowland Dance Party

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
All yours, I just had half a bottle of wine with dinner.

I mean, Epcot is noting compared to SEC Football drinking. Or even LSU drinking.

I'm just perpetually shocked by how sheltered people are when it comes to alcohol.

Certainly not sheltered when it comes to alcohol. You should know, I have offered to buy you beer at the park on at least one occasion.

*1023*

ETA: Tonight's dinner of Chilean Sea Bass was accompanied by a nice Pinot Grigio.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I'm sad to say this is still there and more annoying than ever. I could hear the songs perfectly from COP. I will be doing my due diligence and writing essentially the same letter complaining about the location and volume of this "dance party" in an otherwise well-themed Tomorrowland.

Wdw62114

They have the big screen there so I really wish they would bring "Movie under the stars" into MK. What better place to relax and watch a Disney movie than in the MK?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sad to say this is still there and more annoying than ever. I could hear the songs perfectly from COP. I will be doing my due diligence and writing essentially the same letter complaining about the location and volume of this "dance party" in an otherwise well-themed Tomorrowland.
Ask for an area manager whilst outside the CoP.

jensenrick

I'll never forget my aunt's reaction a few years back, on the night she was determined to stay at MK until midnight, see the fireworks and parade and whatnot.
Well, after dinner, we are kinda trudging thru Tomorrowland, and she says, "I don't know, maybe I can't do it, my feet are getting tired, maybe we shou- IS THAT A DANCE PARTY?!" And right there, she danced for about an hour (she loves dancing) while Mom and I put up our feet on a nearby bench, and we all were more refreshed and continued til midnight. That reaction still makes me chuckle.

mimitchi33

I didn't see this anytime when I was there, since I went when it wasn't going on.
Hey it could be worse... We could have Paint the Night going down Main Street. I can tolerate passing a small section of the park with loud music.
Or Mad T Party. Now THAT was a true hell. Whenever we tried to walk through DCA in 2012-14. that would be blaring so loud that we could hear it from inside the Monsters, Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue! queue, and it didn't stop until we got to area with the ride vehicles. We could even hear it from as far as Tower of Terror. After we got off Monsters, Inc, my mom complained to someone about it. Thank god it ended last month...

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Update: Got a phone call back from my letter I wrote guest services (my 3rd letter I believe mentioning this party).

He said I was, "preaching to the choir" and he has a "stack" of complaints on his desk right now with people complaining about the noise. He said it's his personal mission to bring this up during every staff meeting and keep hammering until it's gone. Pretty nice/funny guy who said he's right there in Orlando and a long time Carousel of Progress lover.

He did say he's honestly not sure why it's there with all the complaints, but to keep sending the feedback because it only makes the case it's need to be removed. Apparently, we aren't the only ones.

He was nice and courteous and didn't make it sound like he has a direct line to getting it removed, but genuinely appreciates the feedback and will keep "sending it up the chain" and maybe it will be removed someday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom