Tomorrowland Dance Party

gmajew

I can't really get on board with this logic.

I'm a stick in the mud and "can't have fun" because I complain about loud music that impacts 3 of my favorite attractions at WDW?

A dance party would be fun anywhere, but slapping them up all around WDW wouldn't be a great idea, just because it's fun and keeps people in the parks.

Think of other ways to keep people in the parks that are actually not disruptive to other offerings! The biggest problem with it is you can't avoid it or skip it. You are forced to hear the music and walk around the people gathering there. I think the music is too loud when it can be heard inside Carousel of Progress or when you're relaxing on PeopleMover and can't even hear the narrator.

It's awful.
Lower your hearing aid! Jk. But had to use the line.

I agree it should not be heard in carousel but in the land is more then fine.

CheshireCat12

I wouldn't want to hear it when inside another show building but outside it is kind of fun to have the upbeat music with the neon lights and the little ones jumping up and down. I always liked it when they did Club 626 with Stitch, but then again, I love Stitch (not the attraction though)

Brickcity Pauly

We noticed on our last visit that the bass completely destroyed CoP, as others have mentioned here. It was all I could hear during the first scene or two and was very distracting. Other than that, while I have no use for it, I'm sure others do.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
It's a people eater.
I agree it does eat some people, but it's really a marginal to non existent impact at a high level. Even if a couple hundred people are there, it really does nothing to crowd levels in the MK.

One of my problems with it is the music isn't even on theme. Not only is it not on theme with Tomorrowland, it's not even Disney! They are playing that awful Happy song by Pharrell or the Cupid Shuffle. What is this, a wedding? Meanwhile, you walk into Tomorrowland and hear the familiar area music only to be drowned out by Taylor Swift.

Nothing against these artists, but they don't belong in Tomorrowland. I'm not disputing whether or not it's fun, I'm disputing that it interferes with other attractions and doesn't fit the theme.

I know Disney cares about theme because they take the time to create and play area music. It shouldn't be ruined by a temporary stage with loud wedding music.

Communicore

It's awful as it is now, with the crappy songs, however I bet it won't be if they played 70's funk and soul.

By the way, does anyone know if they play current music in the Tomorrowland flick? If they do it would be a "shout out" to the dance party. I really hope they do!

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
This is how I feel about the Move It, Shake It parades. So obviously, the dance party is not my favorite thing. I'm bummed that we have to avoid Tomorrowland at night since that is when it's prettiest!!
I agree. At least those are kind of short and over before you know it. This 5 hour marathon of bad music and terrible dancing in our beautiful Tomorrowland just ruins the experience at night.

I love strolling around Tomorrowland and listening to the area music. It's just a shame.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
They probably hate me by now, but I just don't care.

I just emailed guest communications with my concern (mostly copy/paste from this thread). I'll let you folks know what they say.

Bairstow

Weren't live bands playing modern music a feature of the Florida Tomorrowland from the beginning?

I know it's been a tradition at the Disneyland version for decades. I saw several bands playing there last week, including an Elvis impersonator.

EnergyKing

There are enough things at MK for "the children" already. You want loud, intrusive music? Wait for the effin parade. Old and current pop hits does not equal the future. Maybe they should blast some field recordings instead. Maybe some sea shanties. How about gregorian chants (that would actually be cool).

KordovaJD

Was in Tomorrowland on Friday night and Monday. While I noticed the dance party, it didn't bother me, or seem at all out of place. In fact, my daughter and nieces thought it was fun and started dancing.

By your logic, Space Ranger Spin should also not exist in Tomorrowland since the time period in which Buzz Lightbeer thinks he exists as a Space Ranger is not "the future". Of course, that is only if you apply the liturgical understanding on when exactly the Toy Story universe exists and if this is a true application of the Toy Story universe. It could actually be an entirely separate universe where Buzz Lightbeer IS ACTUALLY A Space Ranger. And even then, it doesn't have to exist in the future. Hell, even Star Wars is set "A Long Time Ago." And although it did take place in a galaxy far far away, it should certainly be barred from Tomorrowland forever.

And furthermore, I'm at a loss to understand exactly how all these little old race cars could possibly exist in the future as found at Tomorrowland Speedway. Everyone knows we will no longer drive in the future.

What it sounds like to me is that you want Tomorrowland all to yourself and have your exclusive needs catered to. My children and nieces be dammed!

Communicore

Weren't live bands playing modern music a feature of the Florida Tomorrowland from the beginning?

I know it's been a tradition at the Disneyland version for decades. I saw several bands playing there last week, including an Elvis impersonator.
Yea TLT and Cosmic's used to have them. When I was a CM we had this pop/Latin cover band whose top hits were "Conga" and "Hot Hot Hot."

Usually the final number was "Hot Hot Hot" and during the outro, the stage would lower down and Sonny comes back, and people were like, Where did he come from? Where did the band go? lol and then the band would still be completing the song even though they were already down in the tunnel.

draybook

Was in Tomorrowland on Friday night and Monday. While I noticed the dance party, it didn't bother me, or seem at all out of place. In fact, my daughter and nieces thought it was fun and started dancing.

By your logic, Space Ranger Spin should also not exist in Tomorrowland since the time period in which Buzz Lightbeer thinks he exists as a Space Ranger is not "the future". Of course, that is only if you apply the liturgical understanding on when exactly the Toy Story universe exists and if this is a true application of the Toy Story universe. It could actually be an entirely separate universe where Buzz Lightbeer IS ACTUALLY A Space Ranger. And even then, it doesn't have to exist in the future. Hell, even Star Wars is set "A Long Time Ago." And although it did take place in a galaxy far far away, it should certainly be barred from Tomorrowland forever.

And furthermore, I'm at a loss to understand exactly how all these little old race cars could possibly exist in the future as found at Tomorrowland Speedway. Everyone knows we will no longer drive in the future.

What it sounds like to me is that you want Tomorrowland all to yourself and have your exclusive needs catered to. My children and nieces be dammed!

Lol, please tell me this isn't a serious post.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom