Tomorrowland Dance Party

draybook

jim_zps9imxfpfv.gif

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Was in Tomorrowland on Friday night and Monday. While I noticed the dance party, it didn't bother me, or seem at all out of place. In fact, my daughter and nieces thought it was fun and started dancing.

By your logic, Space Ranger Spin should also not exist in Tomorrowland since the time period in which Buzz Lightbeer thinks he exists as a Space Ranger is not "the future". Of course, that is only if you apply the liturgical understanding on when exactly the Toy Story universe exists and if this is a true application of the Toy Story universe. It could actually be an entirely separate universe where Buzz Lightbeer IS ACTUALLY A Space Ranger. And even then, it doesn't have to exist in the future. Hell, even Star Wars is set "A Long Time Ago." And although it did take place in a galaxy far far away, it should certainly be barred from Tomorrowland forever.

And furthermore, I'm at a loss to understand exactly how all these little old race cars could possibly exist in the future as found at Tomorrowland Speedway. Everyone knows we will no longer drive in the future.

What it sounds like to me is that you want Tomorrowland all to yourself and have your exclusive needs catered to. My children and nieces be dammed!
I'm kind of hoping this is a joke/troll post. If you are serious, I just feel at a loss.

Space Ranger spin is absolutely more on theme than a dance party blasting wedding reception music, so not even going to entertain that argument. Plus if you hate it, easily avoided. It doesn't make noise or interfere with other aspects in Tomorrowland. I preferred Dream Flight, as you might notice.

Furthermore, my biggest issues with it are not that it's poorly themed. My biggest issue is the loudness, length, interference with other rides, and the fact it can't be avoided. The noise pollution alone puts it in its own class of fail.

I also hate the Speedway due to its smell, noise, and slightly off theme offering, but kids driving is still a futurustic idea anyway. The Speedway is more of a classic and while not my favorite, the Dance Party would be a much easier axe and wouldn't leave 2 acres of more unused space. Star Wars is at Disneyland, another issue. Still way more on theme and intricate than the Dance Party.

Guess what? Kids would have fun if you put an actual Chuck E. Cheese or a bounce house in the middle of Tomorrowland too. Again, just because it's fun and your little ones like it, doesn't mean it's a good idea or justify its existence.

My argument doesn't sound at all like I want "Tomorrowland all to myself." I have objective and solid reasons for wanting it gone, along with some opinions. Your interpretation of my complaint isn't necessarily the reality.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
The parks are about "having fun with your family" first and foremost. They're not a museum to thematic purity.
This argument isn't about a museum to park purity. I'm not asking for Horizons back. I'm asking for basics. Remove the 5 hours of noise pollution, eliminate its impact on other rides, and at least give a crap about preserving a cohesive theme.

I'll say it again. Your kids would find plenty of stuff fun, but it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland just because it's fun for kids.

I can't continue belaboring my points. I believe I have objective and valid concerns. If you don't, that's your prerogative.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Remove the 5 hours of noise pollution
I don't visit often enough to comment with any accuracy, but how often is it honestly five hours? During the summer it's not even dark until after 8:00. I was under the impression that the dance parties are something they "switch on" as a way to absorb crowds, but only during busy time. Is that incorrect?

eliminate its impact on other rides,
I definitely agree with you on that one. They need additional sound proofing or something because you should not be able to hear it from the CoP.

Related complaint: You can totally hear the West Side streetmosphere and Splitsville music from inside many of the AMC theaters.

and at least give a crap about preserving a cohesive theme.
Just because it isn't "future" doesn't make it "anti-future." Coca-Cola isn't Future either; nor is it, Jungle, Magic, or Frontier but they can sell it throughout the parks. A theme-neutral element can be present in any land without breaking the theme. It's not like it's a cowboy dance party.

Bairstow

I'm not sure playing contemporary music at the Tomorrowlands is a good thing, but it's certainly not a new thing.
Neither are the dance parties.

KordovaJD

I'll say it again. Your kids would find plenty of stuff fun, but it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland just because it's fun for kids.

I can't continue belaboring my points. I believe I have objective and valid concerns. If you don't, that's your prerogative.

You have no idea what my kids like, or anyone else's kids. Hell, I have a hard time knowing what my own kids will like on a weekly basis.

Further, I would say that the amount of dispute concerning the dance party proves that your concerns are purely subjective in their nature, i.e. being one person's opinion. An objective dispute is not open to argument as it is merely a statement of non-partisan facts. You're stating your negative personal interpretation of the same facts that other people interpret positively, ergo, subjective argument.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
You have no idea what my kids like, or anyone else's kids. Hell, I have a hard time knowing what my own kids will like on a weekly basis.

Further, I would say that the amount of dispute concerning the dance party proves that your concerns are purely subjective in their nature, i.e. being one person's opinion. An objective dispute is not open to argument as it is merely a statement of non-partisan facts. You're stating your negative personal interpretation of the same facts that other people interpret positively, ergo, subjective argument.
Tell me how hearing it in COP, Peoplemover, and Ostro Oribter is subjective.

Oh, that shouldn't bother me?

I honestly don't care what your kids or any kids like.

KordovaJD

Tell me how hearing it in COP, Peoplemover, and Ostro Oribter is subjective.

Oh, that shouldn't bother me?

I didn't say it shouldn't bother you, I said that the fact that it does bother you is your opinion. Other people may like it. An objective fact is that you can hear the music in COP, on the Peoplemover and on the Astro Orbiter. A subjective fact is that the music is bad, annoying, or otherwise undesirable.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I didn't say it shouldn't bother you, I said that the fact that it does bother you is your opinion. Other people may like it. An objective fact is that you can hear the music in COP, on the Peoplemover and on the Astro Orbiter. A subjective fact is that the music is bad, annoying, or otherwise undesirable.
Thanks for arguing semantics, but plenty would agree that the objective fact of hearing it on COP is unacceptable and unitended. I suppose someone else could like hearing the music as John is talking about meeting his friends for a cold sarsaparilla, but it's a pretty objective fact that hearing bass inside another attraction is undesirable.

Again, you people are just arguing for the sake of arguing in my subjective opinion of course. Many other posters here have agreed this dance party sucks. You can practically boil most things down to an opinion, but there is always an element of truth.

Some people might think living for now is a great way to live because you'll never know when you'll die, but we all know you need to plan for retirement and save some money.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
That's not the question. I hate it too. It's not about like or hate. It's about being offended by its very existence that's where @Chef Mickey is going overboard.
Totally disagree that I'm going overboard. It's an abomination and Disney should be ashamed they have impacted so much of Tomorrowland with wedding reception Cupid Shuffle.

Maybe a karaoke sing along would be fun! Just let guests take the mic and have some fun! Or a Guitar Hero Party?

Maybe when it's 11pm, they can bring on the strippers...I'm sure the male crowd would have fun and stick around. Great attendance booster!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom