Tomorrowland Dance Party

Bairstow

It is currently in front of one of the most popular attractions in the park! (Space Mountain)

You know what would be a better 'people-sponge'? More attractions! I know, I know - if they build more attractions, more people will come. Guess what? More people are coming regardless - they need SOMEWHERE to put them. The fact that there are less attractions in the Magic Kingdom than 1994 is part of the problem.

The real problem isn't that the Magic Kingdom has too few attractions; it's that it has too many.
Despite already being the most popular amusement park in the world, Disney continues to lavish additions and improvements on the Magic Kingdom (though less so than on Disneyland) and neglects its other 3 Florida parks. The problem is exacerbated by the Magic Kingdom having the best transportation situation, often the longest hours, AND Animal Kingdom closing early each day, which results inevitably on many guests with hopper passes migrating to the Magic Kingdom after seeing some other park.

Ginzuishou

I saw the Dance Party back in January 2015 and watched some people really get down with the characters. It seemed like it began only an hour before closing.........but maybe it started earlier, not sure. It looked like tons of fun and lots of people were dancing :) good times

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I completely agree with you @Chef Mickey and thank you for articulating exactly how awful these dance parties are in a way I probably couldn't accomplish without a lot of sentence enhancers.
You are welcome sir! Rest assured my feedback was articulated to Disney both through email and via phone. I also believe I did mention it in the letter I mailed them.

The cast member I spoke with actually agreed with me and said she came from Disneyland, where it would never be allowed.

Who knows if they care, but like I always say, if you do nothing it will never change!

DisneyFanaticUK

I don't know if its just me, or if other non-Americans feel the same, but why does everything have to be so darn loud in the USA? Don't get me wrong, I love the seemingly inbuilt optimistic enthusiasm that most Americans have, but seriously, the shouting and screaming that has been complained about isn't just restricted to these obnoxious dance parties. (Brazilian Tour Groups, Hipsters and roaming gangs of teenage girls armed with Starbucks Lattes and selfie sticks are the worst offenders)

I feel like I can speak for all foreign tourists when I say that we didn't cram our selves into planes, and travel for 10 hours just to listen and dance to the same horrible music we can easily listen to in some dingy pub in our own hometowns. I also agree with the opinions others have stated in the thread, the damage done to COP, TTA and the general atmosphere of Tommorrowland is intolerable.

I know I'm probably sounding like an entitled brat here, but if Disney continues down this path, I can easily take my time and money elsewhere closer to home.

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I don't know if its just me, or if other non-Americans feel the same, but why does everything have to be so darn loud in the USA? Don't get me wrong, I love the seemingly inbuilt optimistic enthusiasm that most Americans have, but seriously, the shouting and screaming that has been complained about isn't just restricted to these obnoxious dance parties. (Brazilian Tour Groups, Hipsters and roaming gangs of teenage girls armed with Starbucks Lattes and selfie sticks are the worst offenders)

I feel like I can speak for all foreign tourists when I say that we didn't cram our selves into planes, and travel for 10 hours just to listen and dance to the same horrible music we can easily listen to in some dingy pub in our own hometowns. I also agree with the opinions others have stated in the thread, the damage done to COP, TTA and the general atmosphere of Tommorrowland is intolerable.

I know I'm probably sounding like an entitled brat here, but if Disney continues down this path, I can easily take my time and money elsewhere closer to home.
Hey it could be worse... We could have Paint the Night going down Main Street. I can tolerate passing a small section of the park with loud music.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I actually wish they would get rid of it. It ruined my ride on the COP and I wish that they would either lower the music or all together stop it. I also agree that it doesn't fit with the theme of Tomorrowland either. I wish Disney would look into moving it somewhere else in the park
More like move it to another park, hollywood studios or Disney Springs

EnergyKing

DHS is suppsoed to be the "where you can be a star" park anyway (frankly i hate concepts like that, but i'm old), so yea, put all the pop culture and me-me-me stuff there. MK should be total immersion, an escape into fantasy, a forgetting of the outside world (as you sip your grande latte outside starbucks)

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Got a call and an email back. Nice guy, sounded more like a Disney enthusiast himself. He started off as a ride operator for Carousel of Progress and remembers hearing the bass himself now that I brought it up.

He agreed it was too loud and assured me my feedback gets to the right people. All he could really tell me. He did give an example that Ohana lost chicken on the menu and it returned because of guest feedback.

For what it's worth.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm not making an argument. I'm not saying "it belongs there," I'm asking you to provide a reason why it doesn't. You're the one who started this thread, not me.

There's nothing futuristic about hamburgers, hot dogs, or root beer floats but I don't see you throwing a tantrum outside of Cosmic Ray's or Auntie Gravity's. There's nothing futuristic about a plain white urinal but I bet you didn't start a thread to complain about how those are off theme.

They switch off park area music during parades, fireworks, streetmosphere, etc. too. There's nothing unique about the dance party in that regard.

Definitely a valid criticism.

...in an area with no foot traffic.

See my first point in this post. A themed land can have "neutral" elements. It's not until elements are specifically contrary to the theme that it becomes an issue.

People seem to enjoy it.

Walk by?

I don't even know what that means.

Geez. Do you do this in every thread?

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
The real problem isn't that the Magic Kingdom has too few attractions; it's that it has too many.
Despite already being the most popular amusement park in the world, Disney continues to lavish additions and improvements on the Magic Kingdom (though less so than on Disneyland) and neglects its other 3 Florida parks. The problem is exacerbated by the Magic Kingdom having the best transportation situation, often the longest hours, AND Animal Kingdom closing early each day, which results inevitably on many guests with hopper passes migrating to the Magic Kingdom after seeing some other park.

Lavish additions? Was the Net gain in NFL one attraction?

You are absolutely right about the reason MK is crowded far later than it should be. With 2 half day parks and a third one on the way to being that way, (unless they're a drinking adult at DRUNKCOT or enjoy RoE every night) the pull to a perceived land of plenty is strong. AK will be helped by it's expansion and get a greater opportunity to seduce people with it's offerings and surprise them with all they've overlooked. If most of the things we are rumored to get at DHS actually happen, that will help. DHS has huge areas in the back that are not utilized at all. Maybe place concert style events and dance parties back there. Management and creative need to figure out ways to pull folks to DHS sooner rather than later....

AK expansion (Avatar and lagoon show) will be the soonest we can see night crowds diminishing some in the MK.

*1023*

CaptainAmerica

Lavish additions? Was the Net gain in NFL one attraction?

You are absolutely right about the reason MK is crowded far later than it should be. With 2 half day parks and a third one on the way to being that way, (unless they're a drinking adult at DRUNKCOT or enjoy RoE every night) the pull to a perceived land of plenty is strong. AK will be helped by it's expansion and get a greater opportunity to seduce people with it's offerings and surprise them with all they've overlooked. If most of the things we are rumored to get at DHS actually happen, that will help. DHS has huge areas in the back that are not utilized at all. Maybe place concert style events and dance parties back there. Management and creative need to figure out ways to pull folks to DHS sooner rather than later....

AK expansion (Avatar and lagoon show) will be the soonest we can see night crowds diminishing some in the MK.

*1023*
DRUNKCOT, are you kidding me? Have you ever been on a college campus? Or a baseball stadium? Or any bar anywhere? @PhotoDave219 you want to take this one?

PhotoDave219

DRUNKCOT, are you kidding me? Have you ever been on a college campus? Or a baseball stadium? Or any bar anywhere? @PhotoDave219 you want to take this one?

All yours, I just had half a bottle of wine with dinner.

I mean, Epcot is noting compared to SEC Football drinking. Or even LSU drinking.

I'm just perpetually shocked by how sheltered people are when it comes to alcohol.

Matt_Black

All yours, I just had half a bottle of wine with dinner.

I mean, Epcot is noting compared to SEC Football drinking. Or even LSU drinking.

I'm just perpetually shocked by how sheltered people are when it comes to alcohol.

To paraphrase Greg Proops' stand-up routine, why couldn't America have been founded by the Italian party boat instead of the ship full of Puritans?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom