AVATAR land construction progress

Rob562

Interesting thought. I have always been curious as to the load/unload and entrance and exit to this structure was going to be handled. Can that be fully ascertained from the HVAC diagrams that we all have seen? I am not a structural engineer and have also had problems actually seeing the words on the schematics so I have always been a little unsure how that was all going to work.

My hope has always been that the rockwork theming was going to be present throughout the entire experience - from entering the structure, through the queues, into the ride, and then back out again. It will only add to the full immersive experience of the potential that this ride has.

About 10 pages back I did my own analysis based on my interpretation of the three levels we have access to blueprints of. No inside knowledge, just an "informed hypothesis".

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/avatar-land-construction-progress.877041/page-51#post-6498201

Of course these floorplans only show the main attraction building. There will obviously by an additional structure north of it that will house the (presumed) exit gift shop and the actual entrance points to the queue.

-Rob

Atomicmickey

I'm gonna be there day one!!!!

I won't. Here's what it will look like on day one.

z3sp9bB.jpg

OM5M4Q4.jpg

MagicGoofy

Ok so what do you guys think the mountains will be made out of? And when do you guys think we will start to the see the floating Moutain structures start going up? It would have to be sometime this year or early next year so they would still have enough time to do the Rock work right?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Long time lurker, first time poster. My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I was thinking about the E-ticket attraction for Pandora. A lot of posts seem to assume that the attraction will make it seem like you're flying a banshee and the queue will simulate climbing the floating mountains to get to the banshees. Well, what if you weren't flying a banshee... or at least not directly. A lot of people seemed concerned with things looking too industrial while boarding the attraction that you wouldn't feel immersed. What if they were going for an industrial look? In looking at the schematic drawings that we've seen, the earlier portions of the queue look very organic with almost no 90 degree angles, but the part of the queue that appears to be right before you board is all 90 degree turns and parallel pathways. What if the last portion of the queue, you are entering one of the human bases, specifically, an avatar control center? In the diagram of the queue, there even appears to be a big open rectangle where I could easily see them having an Avatar/human cross in suspended animation in the tank like they showed at the beginning of the first Avatar movie. With this train of thought, the whole idea can be that the humans have found a way to link dozens of humans to Avatars all at one time, or possibly a way that dozens of humans can see through the eyes of a single Avatar at a time while one central human controls the Avatar. This could make it perfectly fine for it to be very industrial looking as you load, then, once everyone loads, the lights go pitch black, maybe you hear some sounds, then the next thing you see is the view from eyes just opening. Then, when the ride ends, exactly the same in reverse and it's still fine that it looks industrial as you leave the attraction. Thoughts?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ok so what do you guys think the mountains will be made out of? And when do you guys think we will start to the see the floating Moutain structures start going up? It would have to be sometime this year or early next year so they would still have enough time to do the Rock work right?

They just field permits to work on rockwork mockups backstage so I would guess actual work on the real stuff won't start until later this year. I would expect the rock work to take a least a year start to finish, so that still keeps things on track for an early 2017 opening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Long time lurker, first time poster. My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I was thinking about the E-ticket attraction for Pandora. A lot of posts seem to assume that the attraction will make it seem like you're flying a banshee and the queue will simulate climbing the floating mountains to get to the banshees. Well, what if you weren't flying a banshee... or at least not directly. A lot of people seemed concerned with things looking too industrial while boarding the attraction that you wouldn't feel immersed. What if they were going for an industrial look? In looking at the schematic drawings that we've seen, the earlier portions of the queue look very organic with almost no 90 degree angles, but the part of the queue that appears to be right before you board is all 90 degree turns and parallel pathways. What if the last portion of the queue, you are entering one of the human bases, specifically, an avatar control center? In the diagram of the queue, there even appears to be a big open rectangle where I could easily see them having an Avatar/human cross in suspended animation in the tank like they showed at the beginning of the first Avatar movie. With this train of thought, the whole idea can be that the humans have found a way to link dozens of humans to Avatars all at one time, or possibly a way that dozens of humans can see through the eyes of a single Avatar at a time while one central human controls the Avatar. This could make it perfectly fine for it to be very industrial looking as you load, then, once everyone loads, the lights go pitch black, maybe you hear some sounds, then the next thing you see is the view from eyes just opening. Then, when the ride ends, exactly the same in reverse and it's still fine that it looks industrial as you leave the attraction. Thoughts?

Personally I believe they are going to try to stay away from the modern human world as much as possible and focus on the environment of Pandora. I would be disappointed if they did what you suggest, I would see that as taking the cheap way out. I can't quite imagine how they will make it really feel like you are climbing the mountain and riding a real banshee, that is why I really want them to do it!

Sordicampos

I agree with you. Inside the show building they will probably go with the human base theme and the avatar control center makes the perfect excuse for the industrial look. There is also an opportunity to work with cool technology, holotable displays and interactive elements. Based on what you said, I think we will observe them working at the avatar control center from the queue and then in a pre-show they will tell that us we will be part of the experiment and have our own avatars flying banshees. We are still at the control center but feeling what our avatar feels flying the banshee.

PRESENTavatar-17.JPG

2.Holotable_after.jpg

Last edited:

flyerjab

Personally I believe they are going to try to stay away from the modern human world as much as possible and focus on the environment of Pandora. I would be disappointed if they did what you suggest, I would see that as taking the cheap way out. I can't quite imagine how they will make it really feel like you are climbing the mountain and riding a real banshee, that is why I really want them to do it!

I have always been a proponent of the idea of climbing up into the floating mountains to ride a banshee. I have to admit, though, that this also seems like a VERY plausible idea. Hmmmmm...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom