AVATAR land construction progress

twebber55

I have always been a proponent of the idea of climbing up into the floating mountains to ride a banshee. I have to admit, though, that this also seems like a VERY plausible idea. Hmmmmm...
yeah I think this is the route they are going...the show building will certainly be behind the mountain structure
so that leads me to think you will be "climbing" to get on your banshee

twebber55

I agree with you. Inside the show building they will probably go with the human base theme and the avatar control center makes the perfect excuse for the industrial look. There is also an opportunity to work with cool technology, holotable displays and interactive elements. Based on what you said, I think we will observe them working at the avatar control center from the queue and then in a pre-show they will tell that us we will be part of the experiment and have our own avatars flying banshees. We are still at the control center but feeling what our avatar feels flying the banshee.

PRESENTavatar-17.JPG

2.Holotable_after.jpg
I could see these things at the dining location near the NW corner of the lot

Tom

Beta Return
Long time lurker, first time poster. My apologies if this has already been discussed, but I was thinking about the E-ticket attraction for Pandora. A lot of posts seem to assume that the attraction will make it seem like you're flying a banshee and the queue will simulate climbing the floating mountains to get to the banshees. Well, what if you weren't flying a banshee... or at least not directly. A lot of people seemed concerned with things looking too industrial while boarding the attraction that you wouldn't feel immersed. What if they were going for an industrial look? In looking at the schematic drawings that we've seen, the earlier portions of the queue look very organic with almost no 90 degree angles, but the part of the queue that appears to be right before you board is all 90 degree turns and parallel pathways. What if the last portion of the queue, you are entering one of the human bases, specifically, an avatar control center? In the diagram of the queue, there even appears to be a big open rectangle where I could easily see them having an Avatar/human cross in suspended animation in the tank like they showed at the beginning of the first Avatar movie. With this train of thought, the whole idea can be that the humans have found a way to link dozens of humans to Avatars all at one time, or possibly a way that dozens of humans can see through the eyes of a single Avatar at a time while one central human controls the Avatar. This could make it perfectly fine for it to be very industrial looking as you load, then, once everyone loads, the lights go pitch black, maybe you hear some sounds, then the next thing you see is the view from eyes just opening. Then, when the ride ends, exactly the same in reverse and it's still fine that it looks industrial as you leave the attraction. Thoughts?

Interesting...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Progress on the land is way further along then the aerial picture has lead us to believe.... ;)

"The sequel to Avatar is scheduled to hit theaters in 2017, which also happens to be when the Avatar-inspired addition to Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park is expected to open its doors (or whatever passes for doors in the wilds of Pandora). In one of the first looks inside the theme park, a new video features James Cameron himself getting a tour of the attraction."

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/avatar-disney-james-cameron/

RSoxNo1

Progress on the land is way further along then the aerial picture has lead us to believe.... ;)

"The sequel to Avatar is scheduled to hit theaters in 2017, which also happens to be when the Avatar-inspired addition to Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park is expected to open its doors (or whatever passes for doors in the wilds of Pandora). In one of the first looks inside the theme park, a new video features James Cameron himself getting a tour of the attraction."

You mean that the "Avatar attraction" isn't the WDI model shop?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Updates blog with gigantic 5th gate news.

CTXRover

That looks like a floating mountain support in the 2nd and 3rd picture to me! :)

I agree. In addition to the large grey support structure that is likely to become a floating mountain, on the right in the 2nd pic (when looking between the leaves) are reddish-brown metal supports that I suspect will become the 'roots' that hold up the other side of the floating mountain structure, as seen in the concept model.

chiefs11

Agree on the floating mountain support... also looks like one through the tree on the right in the 2nd photo! Perhaps that is the two sides of the floating mountain structure in the recent concept photo? The steel structures in between could be scaffolding for when they connect the two?

Clamman73

I agree. In addition to the large grey support structure that is likely to become a floating mountain, on the right in the 2nd pic (when looking between the leaves) are reddish-brown metal supports that I suspect will become the 'roots' that hold up the other side of the floating mountain structure, as seen in the concept model.
That's a weird piece of steel...wonder if that was prefab offsite or not...

twebber55

Update as of 3.4.2015. Pics taken from bus entering AK and over the wall by park entrance near rain forest cafe.
x4nomh.jpg

2m4btwk.jpg

2rxcym1.jpg

29dwod5.jpg

nexl3a.jpg
I went back and looked at the last aerial from feb 20th and it looks like this is in fact a floating mtn structure in that place and next to it a circular object which would be an area to collect a water fall

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom