AVATAR land construction progress

cbconglom

disney and more Facebook
10392404_847669745276831_3492944946456409460_n.jpg

matt9112

I hope there's an invasion every hour at the avatar table service where dudes repel DowN ropes and missles and such....

Lol I kid I kid....I bet the restaurant goes Navi themed over human themed....much more Emersion I think....

kap91

this has to be one of the strangest shaped buildings/superstructures disney has ever built. And there's some pretty strange ones in that history.

flyerjab

They cleared more land behind pizzafari than I thought. It looks like they ripped out the pathway as well.

I'm also 100% convinced now that that concrete structure (that looks like parking spots) is a retaining wall and the ground will be raised in this area providing second floor entry to the flight simulator ride.

Interesting thought. I have always been curious as to the load/unload and entrance and exit to this structure was going to be handled. Can that be fully ascertained from the HVAC diagrams that we all have seen? I am not a structural engineer and have also had problems actually seeing the words on the schematics so I have always been a little unsure how that was all going to work.

My hope has always been that the rockwork theming was going to be present throughout the entire experience - from entering the structure, through the queues, into the ride, and then back out again. It will only add to the full immersive experience of the potential that this ride has.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

They cleared more land behind pizzafari than I thought. It looks like they ripped out the pathway as well.

I'm also 100% convinced now that that concrete structure (that looks like parking spots) is a retaining wall and the ground will be raised in this area providing second floor entry to the flight simulator ride.
I reported in October 2012 that guests will actually enter the E-ticket building on level 3.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom