The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

PhotoDave219

Time for a tangent....

To the woman who was getting gas at Wawa on Poinciana Boulevard and 17/92… clearly you work it up got because you're wearing in Epcot winter coat. It's 64° out.

It's not winter, it's not cold, It's absolutely beautiful and gorgeous out. I'm wearing a T-shirt and shorts, there is no need for you to wear your winter coat.

the.dreamfinder

Time for a tangent....

To the woman who was getting gas at Wawa on Poinciana Boulevard and 17/92… clearly you work it up got because you're wearing in Epcot winter coat. It's 64° out.

It's not winter, it's not cold, It's absolutely beautiful and gorgeous out. I'm wearing a T-shirt and shorts, there is no need for you to wear your winter coat.
Floridians...

bhg469

Time for a tangent....

In a month I'll probably sell my soul for 64.

MarkTwain

When the good news was breaking, before it hit multiple threads here, the petition to save the hat had already been launched. I wonder how many of these tweeters even remember or have seen the original imagineered perspective of the theater? My 22 year old can't remember the hat not being there and she started visiting the parks at 2 months of age, 9 when the hat debuted.

I'm surprised at how many people on other, non-WDWmagic Disney sites are criticizing the hat removal. :confused: You'd think you wouldn't need to see the view pre-hat to know which view was a much better fit for the park.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The Hat is "Disney."

The Mouse is Disney, it all started with the Mouse. Never heard it all started with a Hat.

The Park had its Icon and I rather enjoyed it. It reminded me of Disney Parks best selling hat. That hat is Disney.

75360.jpg
mickey-ears1.jpg

Gabe1

Apparently. :bored:

I knew there was a portion of the Disney fandom that believed that, but I didn't realize how large it was until today. Seems almost like 50%+ of the comments I'm reading on social media are pro-hat.

Have faith. Many were sad when the wand finally wore out its welcome too andleft SSE. That was apparently "Disney" also.

asianway

Apparently. :bored:

I knew there was a portion of the Disney fandom that believed that, but I didn't realize how large it was until today. Seems almost like 50%+ of the comments I'm reading on social media are pro-hat.
Look at any hat thread on magic - where there is generally a more educated park goer. I'd say it's 30% pro. On dis 50%. Go into some of these pixie duster fb groups and it's 90% pro. The dumber the guest(read visited since 2000) the more likely they are to love the hat. Never once questioning who in the hell placed a hat up against a building with a themed exterior

BrerJon

The Mouse is Disney, it all started with the Mouse. Never heard it all started with a Hat.

The Park had its Icon and I rather enjoyed it. It reminded me of Disney Parks best selling hat. That hat is Disney.

75360.jpg

The funny thing is that park has *always* had a giant hat as it's icon - they even make (sorry, made) a joke about the water tower's hat size on the Backlot Tour.

I wonder, given hardly any of the crowd who love everything Disney does ever went on the Backlot Tour, if the Earful Tower becomes more prominent again, how many of them will be praising Disney for listening to them and building a new hat, with no idea that it's been there since 1989?

TP2000

Is SDL's Enchanted Storybook Castle too big?
005FWG36jw1eljzip3fpdj30rc153qg5.jpg~original

Any idea when that picture was taken?

Miceage has been reporting that the Shanghai Disneyland project is way behind schedule, and the park and resort won't open until 2016 and likely in phases. If that photo of the Castle was taken sometime within the last 90 days, then Miceage would appear to be right. There's no way that building in the photo is ready to be Storybook Castle just a year from now.

From the looks of that under construction box plopped down in muddy fields, 2016 might even be optimistic.

Gabe1

WDW is far from behind just because Uni added Harry Potter. Give that a few years and see how stale it gets.

Well yes, Harry did put Disney behind, not once but Twice, with two expansions. FLE didn't bring in the raise in attendance Disney hoped for like Harry has for many years already for Uni Parks.

But lets not forget Disney has its very own Harry coming, hopefully in this decade, Avatar-land. It has a greater potential for stale than Harry. Heck, as I type this and ponder, Avatar is already pretty stale and Disney has barely broke ground, the Disney way, build it even slower than FLE.

Even if Potter does loose popularity, like that Mermaid ride in FLE & DL, we are still dealing with 3 Disney Parks that are very stale and an overlay at Norway isn't going to solve Epcot Future Worlds problems anymore than Avatar is going to make AK a full day park. As for the Studios another name change will not solve its problems, it will take at least a decade to revitalize that park and Disney has a short attention span these days, by the time Disney actually closes a large chunk of all the old attractions, the Corporate sword will come out and they will likely dice the heck out of what they could do and do the minimum instead. Look at what happened to Dwarf Mountain.

Disney World has its direction, it is time share expansion. Corporate Disney's overall direction is stock buy-backs.
One funds the other.

stevehousse

Well yes, Harry did put Disney behind, not once but Twice, with two expansions. FLE didn't bring in the raise in attendance Disney hoped for like Harry has for many years already for Uni Parks.

But lets not forget Disney has its very own Harry coming, hopefully in this decade, Avatar-land. It has a greater potential for stale than Harry. Heck, as I type this and ponder, Avatar is already pretty stale and Disney has barely broke ground, the Disney way, build it even slower than FLE.

Even if Potter does loose popularity, like that Mermaid ride in FLE & DL, we are still dealing with 3 Disney Parks that are very stale and an overlay at Norway isn't going to solve Epcot Future Worlds problems anymore than Avatar is going to make AK a full day park. As for the Studios another name change will not solve its problems, it will take at least a decade to revitalize that park and Disney has a short attention span these days, by the time Disney actually closes a large chunk of all the old attractions, the Corporate sword will come out and they will likely dice the heck out of what they could do and do the minimum instead. Look at what happened to Dwarf Mountain.

Disney World has its direction, it is time share expansion. Corporate Disney's overall direction is stock buy-backs.
One funds the other.
I actually agree with what Goofy said here...2 lands (no matter how well done they are) do not equate to 4 parks, 2 water parks, a shopping district and 20 plus hotels...

I do believe though if universal plays their cards right, in the next 20 years, yes they can be that "great" in size of a resort and be a real "threat" to the mouse. But the majority of people still aren't spending a week at Uni with one or 2 day at wdw...it's still the other way around and will be for some time to come.

Gabe1

I actually agree with what Goofy said here...2 lands (no matter how well done they are) do not equate to 4 parks, 2 water parks, a shopping district and 20 plus hotels...

I do believe though if universal plays their cards right, in the next 20 years, yes they can be that "great" in size of a resort and be a real "threat" to the mouse. But the majority of people still aren't spending a week at Uni with one or 2 day at wdw...it's still the other way around and will be for some time to come.

Before the majority just stayed at Disney Parks. Now more and more are spending 1/3 of the time at Uni. No it isn't 100% but the tide is turning and that week at Disney is gone for many, sharing it with Uni. I stayed at the Portifino which is a very nice, deluxe resort for what I paid for a moderate at Disney. There is a reason why the occupancy rates at the Disney resorts are down and they want to turn a chunk of the rooms into timeshares. Guests can see the price difference between Uni family suites and Disney family suites, guests are wising up.

The 4 park thing is deceiving. Yes there are 4 gates, but not 4 gates of attractions. As Disney shutters more and more attractions at the Studios the queues will only expand in length and FP+ will be more taxed. AK is still years off from adding the new Avatar land and it still will not be a full day park. Disney with FW needs to think like Uni and bring on the bulldozers. Uni is smarter. They are upping the 2 parks they have rather than Disney's way of neglecting 3 of the 4 parks attractions. More parks are only better if the quality and money is put into the venues.

PirateFrank

There's not really a lack of Table Service options at the MK. It's just that they break out, so it seems like there's not a lot of real choices. Crystal Palace and Cindy's are characters and hard to get into, so they're out. Tony's always has such a bad reputation and it's not convenient. I think people plain, just forget about the Plaza, so then that leaves Liberty Tree and BOG dinner. That's 6. Studios has 5, but somehow it feels like they have tons more than MK. Epcot is an entirely different kettle of fish. While MK, probably could use another non-character, centrally located TS option, making Tony's and the Plaza real choices for people would go a long way.

I know I am probably baiting the psycho tea totalers by saying this, but I remain convinced that if WDW relaxed their alcohol policy for the MK to serve in table service restaurants, BOG wouldn't be a big problem. I've eaten dinner at BOG a number of times -- and I personally think the food is of a lesser quality than most of the other table service options in the MK -- and thats not saying much at all. The reason we continue to eat there is that I think it's flat out moronic to not be able to order a glass of wine or a good beer with dinner. Im not the only one. As a result, we continue to book ADRs at BOG, despite me preferring some of the other options.

I also agree with @PhotoDave219 about the stupidity of not making BOG table service for both meals and that the MK needs more Table service options. I think two more is pushing it...but I think if the MK added one more table service with the same alcohol policy that BOG has -- and then added similar options at Palace, Liberty Tree, Tonys and the Plaza --- this problem would largely go away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom