The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

the.dreamfinder

The demand of BOG for lunch shows it needs to be a table service restaurant all that time.

The technology is neat-o but the entire concept doesnt work.

And yes, MK needs at least 2 more table service restaurants. Woefully pittiful that theyre not getting on that.
Like the seasonal Tomorrowland Terrace, Adventureland Veranda* and Tortuga Tavern?
EDIT: *Closed

Last edited:

JediMasterMatt

Yup, right here. Just look at those of us that are skipping WDW and heading off to Disneyland instead.

I think that's why the Disney Mom's has fizzled - most of the folks who joined when it began years ago have kids who have grown up into teenagers or older now, and aren't feeling the need to go several times a year anymore.

At one point, it would have been argued that "repeat" guests were less important to be catered to - but that doesn't seem to be the case, since Disney has been so laser-focused on that market. And they are losing that market.

I don't think Disney is "laser focused" on the repeat customer at all. All their actions in the last several decades have been focused on making the "once-in-a-lifetime" magic happen. After they get the guest the first time, they are arrogant enough to assume a high enough percentage will come back (unfortunately, this is historically true and is what happens).

You may argue that something as elaborate as DVC is a laser focus on the repeat customer; but, it really isn't. It's a one time sales pitch to MAKE a repeat customer. The allure of repeating Disney vacations into the future burns brightest when the World is new in your eyes. Once you've signed the contract, they are off to sell more to the latest rubes that fell off the Magical Express.

As I've been mentioning, it's become my unfortunate opinion that WDW is in a state of depreciating returns for the repeat customer. It's only after you visit the resort a few times that you see how stagnant it has become. How services have been reduced from one visit to the next. How the Mouse trap (MM+) has been designed to slow down the experienced guest and provide perceived value to the new/first time guest.

If Disney were to get serious about creating repeat business, they simply need to return to their roots of providing world class attractions, world class service, & world class entertainment. As the market has demonstrated, they don't even need to be concerned about providing these at world beating savings either as tickets prices as the resort have been rising steadily and attendance has increased. Guests are willing to pay for Disney quality.

The problem is that TDO knows this and they have chosen to not adhere to providing Disney Parks quality. They have slashed services beyond the bare minimums to inflate their bottom line.

Guests are paying top dollar for 3rd rate Disney services.

That's why your first point is so crucial about taking time away from WDW. Take your business elsewhere.

If DLR wasn't going to have a very heavy refurb season this winter for the 60th, they would've gotten our Disney winter dollars two years in a row.

hopemax

I'll go on record, saying that what MK needs more of is more of a hybrid restaurant. Just like tastes are changing from "fast food" to "fast casual" in the real world, and traditional burger joints are losing business to the restaurants who provide a higher quality of food but not the commitment of a full table service restaurant, that's what WDW needs.

The people I've had lunch with at BOG, couldn't care less about the theming, they just enjoy a not a "burger, pizza, fried food or rib & chicken plate" for less than $15. Considering a burger is approaching $10, and so is the stuff they call pizza, when they present you the Braised Pork at only $3 more, it's like you've fallen into some sort of vortex.

We like Liberty Tree, but pushing the price to $15-$20 per entree is just too much to do regularly. The pot roast is very similar to the pork, but one is $12.99 and one is $18.99 and I think that does make a difference with people's value perception. Plus, although BOG does take a fair amount of time in the ordering process, we like to be on our schedule and just be able to get up and get a drink refill, get up and leave when we're done eating and not have to wait around for servers to take orders, bring refills, the check, etc.

PhotoDave219

I'll go on record, saying that what MK needs more of is more of a hybrid restaurant. Just like tastes are changing from "fast food" to "fast casual" in the real world, and traditional burger joints are losing business to the restaurants who provide a higher quality of food but not the commitment of a full table service restaurant, that's what WDW needs.

The people I've had lunch with at BOG, couldn't care less about the theming, they just enjoy a not a "burger, pizza, fried food or rib & chicken plate" for less than $15. Considering a burger is approaching $10, and so is the stuff they call pizza, when they present you the Braised Pork at only $3 more, it's like you've fallen into some sort of vortex.

We like Liberty Tree, but pushing the price to $15-$20 per entree is just too much to do regularly. The pot roast is very similar to the pork, but one is $12.99 and one is $18.99 and I think that does make a difference with people's value perception. Plus, although BOG does take a fair amount of time in the ordering process, we like to be on our schedule and just be able to get up and get a drink refill, get up and leave when we're done eating and not have to wait around for servers to take orders, bring refills, the check, etc.

Well that 6oz NY Strip at Liberty Inn at Epcot is pretty good.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Comcast quarterly earnings: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-comcast-earnings-20141023-story.html

From the article:

Off topic, but the awful layout of the OS website is still breathtaking.
Not a bad looking quarter. Price increases for single day tickets were only up about 5% so a significant portion of the increase in revenue needs to come from attendance. They did jack up the multi-park passes more than the 1 park passes. I think the 2 day multi-park pass was up something like 17%. I guess you have to throw in the additional revenue from Cabana Bay since it opened this year.

Even with those factors I am assuming that at least 10% of the 18.7% revenue bump Q3 2014 over Q3 2013 was due to attendance increases. How much of a bump did they want? If the reports are true that management was not happy with the bump they got from Potter 2.0 what were they expecting? It seems like a pretty healthy increase to me.

Animaniac93-98

Well that 6oz NY Strip at Liberty Inn at Epcot is pretty good.

I was very happy to see this on the menu. So much of WDW fast food is limited in variety and across the board poor from a quality standpoint, not just at places like Cosmic Rays. It's why I tend to splurge on table-service meals when I go. At least you feel like you're getting real food there.

More options, such as the steak at Liberty Inn, with the choice of different vegatables over fries, fries and more fries would be great.

devoy1701

I was very happy to see this on the menu. So much of WDW fast food is limited in variety and across the board poor from a quality standpoint, not just at places like Cosmic Rays. It's why I tend to splurge on table-service meals when I go. At least you feel like you're getting real food there.

More options, such as the steak at Liberty Inn, with the choice of different vegatables over fries, fries and more fries would be great.

I didn't realize a NY Strip came in a 6 oz. How much was it, $30?

hopemax

I have not had the steak at Epcot, because usually I'm there during "booth" periods, but some of the people that I mentioned dining with at BOG, have had it and did enjoy it.

There is also a recent addition to the Pecos Bill's DINNER menu of a Steak & Chicken platter, for $16.19, and short ribs. A bit pricey, but my Dad and I found it "shareable." The meat was a bit on the thin side, so it may make it a bit inconsistent in terms of "dryness" but what we had was decent. But by comparison...braised pork at BOG for $13...

But it's still not enough. The problem we have is when we go to AK, 90% of the time we get Flame Tree, so then that takes the ribs/pulled pork/chicken options out of the other parks, because we don't really like to duplicate. Then we go the Studios and either get a burger, or we get the fish/shrimp platter at Commissary. I'll get a salad at either occasionally, but I'm still with people who don't want to duplicate. Epcot, is the exception, we do okay there, so then we end up at the MK, and so many choices are already out, because we already ate that thing this trip.

We think back to when we used to go on 14-day trips in the '90's and always felt like we had good options (including sandwiches at Aunt Polly's), but now we struggle to find something palatable after 4 days.

COProgressFan

Not QSR but table service.

The guest demand is there.

Guest demand is certainly there, especially at MK for both more table service, as well as better quickserve. MK could really use something similar to Sunshine Seasons, which has a nice variety of higher quality, and varied, counter service options.

doctornick

The lack of table service restaurants at MK is glaring, but I always felt the reason for that was that many guests use the monorail resorts as an extension of MK in terms of food options. We often go to dinner at one of the reports on a MK day and then pop back to the park for MSEP/Wishes afterwards.

Nubs70

I agree that cupcakes shouldn't be a dessert option in BoG. However, the entrees at BoG are much better quality than anything at Diagon Alley.

I'm very familiar with British Isles food and I'm not afraid of it. I've even eaten haggis and blood pudding in Edinburgh. However, the bangers and mash at the Leaky Cauldron were the worst that I've ever had. My wife had soup and salad and she was disappointed in the portion size as well as the price. The salad was literally a few chunks of lettuce, a couple of tomatoes and a few pieces of onion.

People feel adventurous when they eat British food... "oh look at me, I'm sitting in the Leaky Cauldron eating British food". Believe me, what they are serving in the Leaky Cauldron can not hold a candle to what is served in real pubs in London, Edinburgh or elsewhere in the UK.
I had the same epiphany at the Biergarten

hopemax

There's not really a lack of Table Service options at the MK. It's just that they break out, so it seems like there's not a lot of real choices. Crystal Palace and Cindy's are characters and hard to get into, so they're out. Tony's always has such a bad reputation and it's not convenient. I think people plain, just forget about the Plaza, so then that leaves Liberty Tree and BOG dinner. That's 6. Studios has 5, but somehow it feels like they have tons more than MK. Epcot is an entirely different kettle of fish. While MK, probably could use another non-character, centrally located TS option, making Tony's and the Plaza real choices for people would go a long way.

PhotoDave219

There's not really a lack of Table Service options at the MK. It's just that they break out, so it seems like there's not a lot of real choices. Crystal Palace and Cindy's are characters and hard to get into, so they're out. Tony's always has such a bad reputation and it's not convenient. I think people plain, just forget about the Plaza, so then that leaves Liberty Tree and BOG dinner. That's 6. Studios has 5, but somehow it feels like they have tons more than MK. Epcot is an entirely different kettle of fish. While MK, probably could use another non-character, centrally located TS option, making Tony's and the Plaza real choices for people would go a long way.

Please let them continue to forget about the plaza....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom