The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Quinnmac000

To me they're a one trick pony who's only good movie was the first Despicable Me. When I saw #2 I was utterly disappointed. It was one the worst movies I had to sit through that I was at first very excited to see. I can't personally speak for the quality of Hop or Lorax as I haven't seen them but from what I've read they don't seem any different. Just putting my opinion out there.

They are also extremely low budget in creating their films and stated they will never spend 100 million to produce a film so for a bunch of low budget films the fact they all made at least twice what it cost to be made, I call it a success. They also don't have trained animated movie directors directing these films but relative newcomers.

Stitchon

A little nugget that might have some bearing on Disney Springs and the tenants it could attract: The Florida Mall is losing Nordstrom, less than a year after losing Saks Fifth Avenue. Will Disney Springs create an environment that's conductive to upscale retailing ala Mall at Millenia? Or will it falter and settle for mid-tier and tourist-oriented brands that don't live up to that "vision board" we all saw?

Mike S

They are also extremely low budget in creating their films and stated they will never spend 100 million to produce a film so for a bunch of low budget films the fact they all made at least twice what it cost to be made, I call it a success. They also don't have trained animated movie directors directing these films but relative newcomers.
Maybe Despicable Me 2 should've had a bigger budget then. Also I don't buy the directors being newcomers excuse. Some of Pixar's best movies were made by first time directors. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo. All directed by first timers.

Quinnmac000

Maybe Despicable Me 2 should've had a bigger budget then. Also I don't buy the directors being newcomers excuse. Some of Pixar's best movies were made by first time directors. Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo. All directed by first timers.

However it was being directed by a long time animator aka Jon Lasseter who had been with Disney since 101 Dalmatians while Despicable Me was directed by a comic book artist who just got into animation 2 years prior. Two completely different playing fields. One guy who got trained by the best and another who didn't even work as an animator. Monster's Inc Director Peter Docter worked with Jon Lasseter on all of the films before Monster's Inc came out so he got trained up. They are in a extremely different ballgame in experience level and knowledge base.

Tigger1988

However it was being directed by a long time animator aka Jon Lasseter who had been with Disney since 101 Dalmatians while Despicable Me was directed by a comic book artist who just got into animation 2 years prior. Two completely different playing fields. One guy who got trained by the best and another who didn't even work as an animator. Monster's Inc Director Peter Docter worked with Jon Lasseter on all of the films before Monster's Inc came out so he got trained up. They are in a extremely different ballgame in experience level and knowledge base.
Lasseter joined WDA when he was 4 years old?

the.dreamfinder

A little nugget that might have some bearing on Disney Springs and the tenants it could attract: The Florida Mall is losing Nordstrom, less than a year after losing Saks Fifth Avenue. Will Disney Springs create an environment that's conductive to upscale retailing ala Mall at Millenia? Or will it falter and settle for mid-tier and tourist-oriented brands that don't live up to that "vision board" we all saw?
I believe the Spirit has said in the past that they want the crowd the Mall at Millenia attracts, upper middle class international tourists, and having Nordstom in addition to Apple on board would certainly help them. I wonder if they'll offer room delivery for those staying on property?

Cody5242

Before I forget, I rode Gringotts today for the first time with only a 50 min wait (Single Rider). At first I didn't if I liked it better than FJ but after thinking about it for a few hours I definitely think I like a Gringotts more. It's a very high tech ride that comes with the perfect theme park land. Universal has a winner on their hands. I just wish the Hogwarts Express lived up to the hype. After riding it twice back and forth, I already feel like I don't need to ride it for a while

Mike S

Lasseter's first work with Disney was actually an uncredited animator on Fox and the Hound. I'll agree with the rest, it seems amazing Despicable Me was the success that it was with them being so new to animation. Despicable Me 2 could've been better though, MUCH better.

Cosmic Commando

Do you think the current use of GotG characters might be a trial balloon of sorts? I get the feeling that even the parties involved aren't 100% sure what the exact parameters are, and could continue to be a grey area until one side feels pushed too far and a lawsuit ensues.
I think the entire greenlighting of the movie was a trial balloon. The general reaction, even among fans, was a big "huh?"when they announced GotG. I am looking forward to it, but it certainly wasn't a movie that was begging to be made. It really came out of left field.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom