The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

Quinnmac000

Speaking of the contract with Marvel and Universal since everyone was talking about it, funny how this rumour seem to come out today. I am not an insider just found this on another site.

I'll lay out all the info I was given. Universal has pitched to Disney, an Ironman indoor launched B&M flyer. They want it launched so they can build it in a show building with extensive themeing. Uni Creative would like another crack at themeing a big boy coaster. And it would be the first launched flyer.

arko

I understand what you're saying, but I wouldn't have had to pay for parking as I would have gotten a cab or a car service to drop me off. I think the slight extra that I might have paid over the rate I got at Pop would have been far worth it, imo. After staying at Pop, I can honestly say I don't think it's worth more than $80 to $90 bucks a night and less for the rooms that are further away. I just didn't see the value, especially in the food court and never again will I eat there.

We would stay at Pop Century back in the mid 2000's after it just opened when you could regularly get it for 50-60 a night, now when I want to spend 60-70$ I stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Davenport which gets me 2 queen size beds and free breakfast, Disney resorts are something we stry once in a while when we can get an AP or Florida resident deal and we want to enjoy the resort itself, because we know the room while nice will be nothing spectacular

dhall

I just asked a trusted contact at Uni Orlando who would know.

Nothing closely resembling FP+ is on the table for the forseeable.

RFID media for park entry maybe.

So one of us will be wrong. If it is me I'll freely admit it. Do remind me if so.

I think it'd be downright silly of Universal to not track the guests wearing the mouse arrest bracelets, or to not track the guests with smart phones as they wander from wifi-node to wifi-node. If they can get a chip of their own into their ticket media and thus tie a disney id# to a credit card, then they get many of the same benefits that Disney gets without all of (any of???) the PR penalties.

Mr. Moderate

We would stay at Pop Century back in the mid 2000's after it just opened when you could regularly get it for 50-60 a night, now when I want to spend 60-70$ I stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Davenport which gets me 2 queen size beds and free breakfast, Disney resorts are something we stry once in a while when we can get an AP or Florida resident deal and we want to enjoy the resort itself, because we know the room while nice will be nothing spectacular

Just throwing this out there, but the Holiday Inn located in DTD area, that was rebuilt from the ground up a few years back, offers great rates for the location they're at. I've checked out some prices and the hotel is quite reasonable with really nice amenities, including beautiful pool. I all honesty, if I wasn't a DVC owner already and was looking for something inside the bubble of WDW property, I would most likely choose this one. I also thought of staying there on my October trip and in all reality, should have picked this one.

asianway

Just throwing this out there, but the Holiday Inn located in DTD area, that was rebuilt from the ground up a few years back, offers great rates for the location they're at. I've checked out some prices and the hotel is quite reasonable with really nice amenities, including beautiful pool. I all honesty, if I wasn't a DVC owner already and was looking for something inside the bubble of WDW property, I would most likely choose this one. I also thought of staying there on my October trip and in all reality, should have picked this one.
Well it wasn't literally rebuilt.

Cody5242

I think I get your point.

Disney is positively inflating the Marvel characters(popularity wise) thanks to the movies.
This is a direct benefit for Universal.

Where do people go to see the chars in real life or attractions based on these characters?
obviously UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!!!.(at least for now)

Its a interesting synergy between 2 companies that are supposed to be murdering each other as they are direct competitors in many things.. but also heavily dependant too.
Some of he costumes that Universal use for their Marvel characters are just hideous. Especially the Spiderman costume compared to the one being used at Disneyland Paris

Stevek

I think it'd be downright silly of Universal to not track the guests wearing the mouse arrest bracelets, or to not track the guests with smart phones as they wander from wifi-node to wifi-node. If they can get a chip of their own into their ticket media and thus tie a disney id# to a credit card, then they get many of the same benefits that Disney gets without all of (any of???) the PR penalties.
Why would anyone wear their Magic Band to a Uni park?

Sped2424

So Lucasfilms, Pixar, Dreamworks, and Disney Animation Studios are making it so people join their companies and then pay them low wages and pretty much not be able to transfer to other studios? How is that going to benefit the animation sector when you aren't changing out bodies and levels of creativity? Shame indeed.
"and it should be noted that as the company was forcing wages lower, their stock prices and profits have soared to an all-time high."
I think it goes more than just sticking them where they are.

Quinnmac000

"and it should be noted that as the company was forcing wages lower, their stock prices and profits have soared to an all-time high."
I think it goes more than just sticking them where they are.

The sad part is so few people are talking about this or even care that this is going on while spending money on these films the company make while making the companies and their CEOs millions and the people who put the hard work into them very little.

Next Big Thing

Glad you are located close to the world and can risk waiting until the day before arrival to reserve. Some of us (including this 17+ trip "Noob") aren't so lucky and can't just chance what we want will be available. Thanks for the information on the shows if only good for getting better seating.
Yes, I do live close enough to where I can go to the parks and not ride something and it be fine as I know i'll be back soon enough. That's not the point though. FP's are normally available for almost everything (except Anna & Elsa) a day out. Day of is even easy to get FP+ for most attractions. The only ones that are hard to right now are TSMM and SDMT (and I imagine that will change as the hype of it being a new ride dies down).

I can see where you are coming from as a tourist though as I don't think about it through those eyes much. If you are trying to figure out FP+ times and maybe do any sit down reservations, it becomes hard to navigate the times. I still think it'd be easy to do as FP+ makes it easy to change the times on the fly.

Obviously as a tourist, you want to see everything as it's your vacation. I just think it's not really necessary to book to far out for most rides outside of maybe one or two. Anna & Elsa is really the only thing that absolutely NEEDS to be booked far out at this point (and even that's getting to be less necessary as they've added capacity to the M&G).

Last edited:

Sped2424

The sad part is so few people are talking about this or even care that this is going on while spending money on these films the company make while making the companies and their CEOs millions and the people who put the hard work into them very little.
It is extremely sad, also that means the less really talented artists and creatives wanna stay with the company. Leading to films with lower quality. I feel there should really be some awareness on that situation.

Quinnmac000

It is extremely sad, also that means the less really talented artists and creatives wanna stay with the company. Leading to films with lower quality. I feel there should really be some awareness on that situation.

But it would explain why companies like Laika and Illumination Entertainment are slowly moving up with creative and entertaining films that are doing very well at the box office! Knowing they can leave whenever and will get paid and recognize for their hard work!

Sped2424

But it would explain why companies like Laika and Illumination Entertainment are slowly moving up with creative and entertaining films that are doing very well at the box office! Knowing they can leave whenever and will get paid and recognize for their hard work!
Good point, and more animation studios are showing up now too.

Mike S

To me they're a one trick pony who's only good movie was the first Despicable Me. When I saw #2 I was utterly disappointed. It was one the worst movies I had to sit through that I was at first very excited to see. I can't personally speak for the quality of Hop or Lorax as I haven't seen them but from what I've read they don't seem any different. Just putting my opinion out there.

Goofywilliam

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I always wanted to stay at the Swan/Dolphin. I finally did last September and would never stay their again. The refrigerator did not work and one of the lights was out when we moved in. Then the next day there was water all over the bathroom, the toilet had a leak. What did they do for me. they moved me to a room one floor below and gave my wife and I a free breakfast. Wow. I even ran into others at the pool and they said their refrigerators did not work either. Their service stunk, they have all sorts of hidden fees and they don't care about their customers. I would never stay their again.

To provide the opposing view, we stayed at the Swan a couple years ago (and are staying at the Dolphin next trip), and had a great experience. Staff was friendly, we got a free upgrade to a balcony room, and had no problems with our room. As for "hidden fees" there is a $20 a night resort fee but they make it very clear that you have to pay when you book. We didn't get hit with any other fees. Thing I like best about these hotels is the location. These are the least expensive hotels you will find on property that are walking distance to a park. I also really like the great selection of restaurants in the hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom