Cars Land, Star Wars Land, Monstropolis...

DinoInstitute

Enhanced m&gs are vital to any Star Wars Land. Amazing possibilities there.
Oh, of course that is true, but I was just making a joke about how if they add a SWL, a most likely "phase 1" will be a shop, restaurant, and m&g, followed by a cancelled ride and show filled phase 2.

bugsbunny

I was at DL last weekend and saw Cars Land. As big as it is, it's small. Mostly shopping and meet and greet stops with 2 rides hidden in the back. But it was so well themed and the attention to detail phenomenal. With the room WDW has, I cannot see why even a cookie cutter brain can't be built. The line for Radiator Spring Racers was 120 minutes and every shop and area was packed double as compared to other areas of DCA.

But in the end, it comes down to shareholders and capital. Unless Disney can leverage cash to build things, it will hurt the bottom line of the stock's golden child, the parks. And we must not have that. The only real magic Disney seems to want to make these days is return of investment to shareholders. And that seems to be through anything tied to character meets from Frozen ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was at DL last weekend and saw Cars Land. As big as it is, it's small. Mostly shopping and meet and greet stops with 2 rides hidden in the back. But it was so well themed and the attention to detail phenomenal. With the room WDW has, I cannot see why even a cookie cutter brain can't be built. The line for Radiator Spring Racers was 120 minutes and every shop and area was packed double as compared to other areas of DCA.

But in the end, it comes down to shareholders and capital. Unless Disney can leverage cash to build things, it will hurt the bottom line of the stock's golden child, the parks. And we must not have that. The only real magic Disney seems to want to make these days is return of investment to shareholders. And that seems to be through anything tied to character meets from Frozen ;)

There are actually 3 rides, Radiator Springs Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Flying Tires. You may have missing Luigi's since it's not easy to see from the main street.

bugsbunny

There are actually 3 rides, Radiator Springs Racers, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Flying Tires. You may have missing Luigi's since it's not easy to see from the main street.

Yes 3 rides. I was leaving out Maters. It's a kiddie ride and I wasn't considering it. The theming was fantastic though.

Mr. Moderate

Something Star Wars will happen. They have plans a plenty. Just not the will.

This decade or next though.

I have to say as a fan of the original trilogy dating back to my youth and Disney theme parks, your post saddened me because I know what you say, is true. Disney has the knowledge and capital to make a SW expansion happen, but won't. We might hear some teasers about doing it one day, but the fact that they're sitting on their hands when time is of the essence, is sad and frustrating to me. So much could be done to make DHS, the park to visit and a properly done SW expansion there could be the game changer that would make it one of the most talked about and the visited theme parks in the US. You're right though, the current Disney company and leadership just doesn't have the will and vision that the company was famous for in the first place.

Magenta Panther

Something Star Wars will happen. They have plans a plenty. Just not the will.

This decade or next though.

Holy crap. Not that I'm interested in SW Land, but what's with the lack of will? Is Disney waiting to see how the first new SW installment does in theaters, or what?

Hopefully, though, something Frozen-related will happen. Something ambitious, something good, something soon. Or is that too much to hope for?

Magenta Panther

They're determined to get their horrible Frozen overlay of Maelstrom open ASAP, but they're putting off the one proposal which could actually put up a decent challenge to Diagon Alley?

Talk about priorities...

But I've been told here that the Maelstrom-to-Frozen makeover isn't going to happen after all...

aladdin2007

But I've been told here that the Maelstrom-to-Frozen makeover isn't going to happen after all...

I think its envitable that its going to happen, but the question is which plan of the proposed plans will they go with, its not been decided which one. The budget was already cut 40% according to the other thread.

cbconglom

Holy crap. Not that I'm interested in SW Land, but what's with the lack of will? Is Disney waiting to see how the first new SW installment does in theaters, or what?

Hopefully, though, something Frozen-related will happen. Something ambitious, something good, something soon. Or is that too much to hope for?

or are they waiting to see the impact of the harry potter expansion so they know how cheap they can be? ;)

Kman101

I'd rather no SW land at all if they intend to slash budgets and cut things left and right. They either need to Cars Land it or do smaller projects at DHS to actually fill the park out. A Monsters Inc. coaster (or heck, even copy the Rat ride or Crush coaster) makes so much sense and yet it has sat on the shelf for how many years now? TDO is a big disappointment.

Like with the new Harambe Theater section at Animal Kingdom. Apparently a Lion King dark ride was on the table (according to Martin). Naturally it got cut. The area looks fantastic but that one dark ride would have added a lot to the park (some could consider it redundant given that the park has Festival of the Lion King) and given the entire family something to do. I love Animal Kingdom and it's theming (Dinoland aside) but it is sorely lacking and while I'm not on the 'I Hate Pandora' bandwagon, I don't think even that will be enough for the park. Personally, they should have a Jungle Book dark ride. Why is it so hard for TDO to actually have a vision and fill out their parks?

Kman101

Well, many things ARE planned (that never come to fruition) but apparently it was 'on the table' and cut. He can probably explain it better.

Kman101

I dunno that Mater's would be a 'kiddie ride'. It seems fun to me and I've heard a lot of praise for it. The Flying Tires seems to be hit or miss.

jt04

Oh, of course that is true, but I was just making a joke about how if they add a SWL, a most likely "phase 1" will be a shop, restaurant, and m&g, followed by a cancelled ride and show filled phase 2.

Oddly enough this is not the strategy for Pandora or Carsland at DCA. Perhaps SWL will also be a complete land at ribbon cutting--- if it gets built at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom