Cars Land, Star Wars Land, Monstropolis...

Kman101

At this point I'd even take them copying either dark ride of Monster's Inc. instead of the coaster, though I think the coaster would be a bit more of a draw but they don't seem to have any desire to do anything there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A Frozen overlay to Maelstrom is actually pure genius by the WDW. It'll turn Maelstrom from just an attraction to an OMG I MUST TAKE MY KIDS attraction. I'm sure we would see lengthy waits and increased attendance in EPCOT from such a simple change.

It really is total genius by WDW. Minimal cost, maximum appeal. Sure it's cutting corners, but the children sure won't be happy if mom and dad skip the Mael-err Frozen ride.

That'd be ruining Epcot even more.

What would be genius is if they had an area expansion specifically of Fantasy themes where they could build a new, purpose built area dedicated to the franchise.

Give Maelstrom the long planned upgrade that's still waiting and don't dumb down Epcot any more. It's already got too many nails in it.

Mike S

What would be genius is if they had an area expansion specifically of Fantasy themes where they could build a new, purpose built area dedicated to the franchise.

Give Maelstrom the long planned upgrade that's still waiting and don't dumb down Epcot any more. It's already got too many nails in it.
There was an upgrade planned for Maelstrom? Do you know what they would've done?

doctornick

Agreed. If it's a FULLY fleshed out Star Wars Land, and they would still need to replace either VOTLM or B&TB (really, both, even though I like them still), but that would be exactly what the park needs. I think JUST SW Land and leaving the theaters with the same shows would be a mistake, even though it would be a hit and draw crowds. And at this point, they should just leave Backlot Tour and LMA. LMA seems to be fairly well liked and I still appreciate the idea behind the Backlot Tour. They also need to fill that empy soundstage next to Toy Story Mania.

Right. The reason why I focused on SW Land/Soundstage 1/replacing the existing shows is that it won't kill capacity at the park to do those things, so the park can function and able to service crowds. You can fast track something in Soundstage 1 and one of the theaters -- or even use the Premiere Theater for a show -- first. Then once new stuff is up and running, you can shut down the other show and IJ and AIE and start building Star Wars and a show for that other theater. If they really wanted to, no reason this couldn't be done by 2018 so you have something major opening up the year after Pandora.

Once that is all up and running, now you have enough stuff going on that shutting down Backlot Tour/LMA is plausible and you can do a large scale Pixar Place expansion.

michael.fumc

At this point I'd even take them copying either dark ride of Monster's Inc. instead of the coaster, though I think the coaster would be a bit more of a draw but they don't seem to have any desire to do anything there.
I would really love to have the coaster, but I think DHS major problem is there are no rides for younger kids, I ton of great shows, LMA, B and b, Indiana jones, Jedi academy, muppets, and even Disney jr and votlm, but If you have small children all you really have to ride is tsm, maybe a only a couple times if you are early, backlot tours and GMR. It is most likely a have day park anyway, although my family stays all day, but if you have small children this park can be done super fast. DHS is in need of family rides

Last edited:

Skibum1970

Though I don't know where, I think that a Frozen ride and mini-area fit in best and should be placed in Fantasyland. Maybe squeeze the circus tents out or find a way get the area in. I think that would make the most sense. As you said, don't mess up EPCOT more than it already is. Plus, I would save DHS for rides based on Pixar, Star Wars, and such like.

RSoxNo1

Epcot as a concept is hard to market , that's where the festivals come in. I think that's a reasonable enough balance provided that the other content is up to par. It can be the nighttime dining location and survive as that, but if they want it to be something more it needs substance added back. Substance doesn't necessarily mean character infusion. It should mean discovery. That could be discovery of science and technology or discovering world cultures. That may not be as marketable, but look at the two most popular rides in the park right now, there are no marketable ties to either.

Expedition Everest increased DAKs attendance by a million guests and it fit the theme. There are better places thematically for Frozen and Ratatouille, if the money is there for Epcot why not use it in a way that doesn't diminish the park?

I've heard uncertified budgets for additions to Epcot, the money is decent neigh for multiple additions. Why not spend the time to make them the right additions?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom