So is anyone losing interest in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

lebeau

So you are comparing Disney fans with a spoiled kis who counts his presents from year to year? Gotcha.

Here's the thing. Disney has never given me a present never once. Everything I have ever received from Disney, I have received at a cost. In fact, I usually pay Disney handsomely in exchange for any goods or services received.

In exchange for these payments, yes, I have expectations. And when Disney falls short of those expectations, I will complain. Just as I will prasise Disney when they exceed my expectations.

So you see, this is a totally different interaction than a spoiled kid throwing a fit over presents.

wannab@dis

So you are comparing Disney fans with a spoiled kis who counts his presents from year to year? Gotcha.

No, I'm comparing a few people on this forum to that spoiled kid.

Here's the thing. Disney has never given me a present never once. Everything I have ever received from Disney, I have received at a cost. In fact, I usually pay Disney handsomely in exchange for any goods or services received.

In exchange for these payments, yes, I have expectations. And when Disney falls short of those expectations, I will complain.
Why would you continue to "pay Disney handsomely" if you're not satisfied with the services rendered?
Just as I will prasise Disney when they exceed my expectations.
Maybe you have, but my bet is a fairly insignificant percentage of the time.

So you see, this is a totally different interaction than a spoiled kid throwing a fit over presents.
For several of the more vocal complainers, it's an apt comparison.

Cesar R M

The sense of entitlement truly has run rampant on these forums of late. The fact that the mentality is "*I* had to wait 4 years so *I* deserve more" - sorry, who are you again?

The real point here is *your* (a general "your" as this applies to many on here) falsely placed sense of entitlement does not at all change the quality of the attraction. It just makes you (again, a general "you" as this applies to many on here) even more miserable when you don't get *your* way.

and here we go again, this guy never changes.. 6th thread in a row he has to start his insult crusade.

lebeau

Why would you continue to "pay Disney handsomely" if you're not satisfied with the services rendered?

Disney has never disappointed you?

Sometimes they exceed my expectations. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes they fall short. This is true of just about every company I have ever interacted with.

Maybe you have, but my bet is a fairly insignificant percentage of the time.

You're basing that on what exactly?

For several of the more vocal complainers, it's an apt comparison.

But it's not. Until Disney starts giving out presents, guests are fully entitled to complain about whatever they feel is not up to snuff. They have bought the right to be as vocal as they like.

I don't understand this mentality that Disney is Santa Claus and we should all just be grateful for whatever they give us. They don't give us anything!

EricJ

The same people ing and moaning about it right now being "too short" or "not an E-ticket" etc, etc, will be the same people trampling other park guests to be the first in line the second there is a public soft opening. They're hypocrites.

Basically, like the same people who couldn't wait to be in line the day Enchanted Tales with Belle opened, didn't realize it was simply a new home for the same Castle Garden show they'd done for twelve years (with upgraded effects), and said, "Wait, all they did was give us a show for kids?....They BETRAYED US! :cry: "

There are more letters in the alphabet than E.

PolynesianPrincess

I was very interested in it..... until I went to DCA and saw Carsland. Carsland is aboslutely brilliant where FLE is lackluster. I don't know how long Carsland took to built but it seems like it didn't take much longer than the Mine Train and that's a whole land. While I am excited it will add another family friend attraction (because I know all attractions will not cater to me) I just feel like it has taken soooooo looooong to finish. I know lots of people don't like the Uni / WDW comparison but when Uni just down the road is opening a new attraction every year, you can't help but wonder why WDW isn't doing the same.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Fantasyland took 4 years to build... not the coaster. It wasn't even announced until they were a year or so into construction

NFL was announced at D23 expo in Sept 2009. Then they announced the changed plans in Jan 2011.

Construction basically started in April of 2010.. and by June serious dirt moving was starting for clearing, etc.. Mermaid was the the thing that really started first. It's not like the decision was made in Jan 2011 - just the announcements.

You could see the excavation physically starting for the 7MDC in the Spring of 2011. Considering we know they had to have started work on the attraction prior to digging the hole in the ground.. or deciding what it was.. That puts the clock at at least at 3yrs 5months, and probably much closer to 4yrs than not when you take into account design, etc.

So while yes, construction on 7DMC started later than the rest of NFL (but so did Dumbo and the rest of Storybook Circus.. ) it's not unfair to look at 4yrs as a general timeframe given the date of the announcement and construction starts.

Californian Elitist

It does seem strange that it has taken this long for everything to open, especially since it took Disney four or five years to complete all of DCA's makeover. What's the difference between California and Florida? It really shouldn't have taken this long to complete all of New Fantasyland.

Californian Elitist

I'm sorry, but I think you're highly uninformed.

FLE is not lackluster in the slightest possible manner. FLE is AMAZING and brought us a lot of great new additions to the MK as well injecting much-needed new blood into it.

It's her opinion. You can't tell her her opinion is misinformed (I believe that's the word you were looking for).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
was probably about 2 years for construction with much of that time as an island in the center of an operational park.
33 months of construction, after clearing, specifically for the attraction. For the majority of which it wasn't an island.

But who's counting. Right?

erasure fan1

FLE is not lackluster in the slightest possible manner. FLE is AMAZING and brought us a lot of great new additions to the MK as well injecting much-needed new blood into it.
Really it only brought us a new place to eat. Mermaid replaced a ride that closed a while ago and the mine train is just replacing the old snow white ride. So in the end all we got was some nice theming and be our guest.

EricJ

I was very interested in it..... until I went to DCA and saw Carsland. Carsland is aboslutely brilliant where FLE is lackluster.

(FLE? I take it you're not referring to A Bug's Land?)

I know lots of people don't like the Uni / WDW comparison but when Uni just down the road is opening a new attraction every year, you can't help but wonder why WDW isn't doing the same.

Universal isn't opening a "new attraction every year"...They're opening the SAME attraction, in different places, every year! :p
(Oh, wait, there was the Transformers, too. I forgot, Uni occasionally designs other new attractions that don't have Harry Potter or the Simpsons in them, while they let the Marvel, toon, and Seuss sections go hang. I've heard they've just started to notice the Jurassic Park section after these many years, but think it's just a rumor.)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The sense of entitlement truly has run rampant on these forums of late. The fact that the mentality is "*I* had to wait 4 years so *I* deserve more" - sorry, who are you again?

Please show ANY post where ANYBODY has said they feel they "deserve" more. A comparison of what they used to accomplish in 4 years and what you get today for 4 years is a far cry from entitlement. Your just conveniently adding emotions that nobody never expressed in an attempt to make your argument more appealing. Please dont respond unless you can show a post where this alleged "entitlement" was expressed.

John

NFL was announced at D23 expo in Sept 2009. Then they announced the changed plans in Jan 2011.

Construction basically started in April of 2010.. and by June serious dirt moving was starting for clearing, etc.. Mermaid was the the thing that really started first. It's not like the decision was made in Jan 2011 - just the announcements.

You could see the excavation physically starting for the 7MDC in the Spring of 2011. Considering we know they had to have started work on the attraction prior to digging the hole in the ground.. or deciding what it was.. That puts the clock at at least at 3yrs 5months, and probably much closer to 4yrs than not when you take into account design, etc.

So while yes, construction on 7DMC started later than the rest of NFL (but so did Dumbo and the rest of Storybook Circus.. ) it's not unfair to look at 4yrs as a general timeframe given the date of the announcement and construction starts.

Again, Thank you judge Flynni;)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

FLE is not lackluster in the slightest possible manner. .

So your saying FLE could not be better in any way? This is their best?

FLE is AMAZING and brought us a lot of great new additions to the MK as well injecting much-needed new blood into it.

A lot of great new additions? aside from 7DMT or BoG, whats new, or great? The cloned Mermaid ride? Belles M&G? Its a M&G, nothing new besides where she is standing. Dumbo? The tents? lol. Gastons is new and the DVC shop is new. Please dont mistake my questioning as hatrid for FLE. I have enjoyed it many times, its a nice addition, but nothing on the level of what Disney Imagineering is truly capable of or when they dont have to work on budgetary restraints due to bloated costs of infrastructure projects that wont get the ROI that actual "new blood" would bring

kucarachi

I don't know that anybody currently alive would say that the seven dwarfs as a brand would be the way to go to make money...but it is the one that started it all and for that i respect what they've done. I've never found any disney ride to be horrible...some of the shows are unbearable but that's more personal taste than the show being bad. Fantasyland is for the whole family so having a lightning mcqueen coaster that goes upside down and shoots toddlers into bay lake wasn't going to happen. I personally like the little mermaid ride but it does feel extremely well done in some spots and extremely cheap and cheesy at times. I think they have made Fantasyland much, much better overall and i don't see how adding a nicely themed coaster will change that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom