So is anyone losing interest in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just curious. Disney has now done the opposite to what it did with the first phase of Fantasyland - where the soft openings stayed far beyond their welcome.

Has the long drawn-out build, then the media previews, and now the no show of soft openings for regular park guests deadened your enthusiasm for it? Or are you still as excited as ever?

Do you think holding the media previews so far before any guests has reduced the impact it will have when it does finally open to guests?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Based on the 37 other threads where people are hanging on every post hoping to find out when the soft openings would start I'd say no. For me personally, I'm not visiting MK this summer anyway so I'm in no hurry to see it open.

Opening this around the time of the 24 hour event will make people happy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just curious. Disney has now done the opposite to what it did with the first phase of Fantasyland - where the soft openings stayed far beyond their welcome.

Has the long drawn-out build, then the media previews, and now the no show of soft openings for regular park guests deadened your enthusiasm for it? Or are you still as excited as ever?

Do you think holding the media previews so far before any guests has reduced the impact it will have when it does finally open to guests?

As for the last question, the answer it no. The average guest doesn't have any clue about the day to day goings on at Disney, all they will know is that there is a new ride when they get there.

rangerbob

There will be a 2 hour line for standby on the first day would be my thought. I've grabbed a FP- for June 7. I may be there for the 24 hour and will try then.

G8rchamps

It was really exciting to actually see trains running and preview photos. Very quiet the last week has let the wind out a little. We will be there Sat after the 24hour and will stop by just in case. FP reserved for our real summer trip on 6/15.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I watched a video of the coaster on youtube considering it would be forever till I could ride it..... I must say it was both impressive and disappointing to me. I was expecting it to be.... Longer? .-.

There's only one dark ride segment when I was expecting many! On top of that, the coaster itself doesn't even last very long at all compared to Thunder Mountain.. .-. But I was very impressed with the one themed dark ride segment and the interior of the cottage scene! I looooove the animatronics they're very animated!

So it's 50/50 on me.

NWDMD

They've been teasing me this stay. I was on peoplemover and saw the trains running with people on them. I hustled over only to find out that it's castmember preview only. I sat there while my wife and daughter rode teacups and saw guest after guest come up and ask if they could ride only to get turned down.

TP2000

It's not the 30 day calendar of events from media day to grand opening that lost my interest, it was learning what the actual ride was about that did it.

I watched the official and unofficial YouTube ride-thru videos and I just kind of felt "Oh, okay, that's cute. A shame there's only one dark ride scene, and it's short, but at least it's cute looking. But... let's keep the plans going for Europe this fall instead of a WDW visit."

It's nothing to plan a vacation around, that's for sure, and the excitement wore off quickly for me. I'm sure it will help a bit with park ride capacity for Magic Kingdom though. Park management is probably thrilled to get another ride open in that park.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

My interest has gone down for this ride and I think its because of how long its taken to complete. I am still looking forward to riding it eventually (maybe 2015) but for now its just kind of, meh whatever. It just seems that something that has taken this long to build should be a heck of a lot more impressive from a scale standpoint. It does look like it should be a nice small addition, but like all of the new fantasy land, it could have been SOOOOOO much better.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm still excited to ride it, but I can wait until my July trip and FP+ since Disney decided no soft openings. However, I just saw a preview video for Gringots and THAT I can hardly wait for - rumors are late June, just in time for every school aged child to flood HP.

Streetstrip00

I'm still excited to ride it, but I can wait until my July trip and FP+ since Disney decided no soft openings. However, I just saw a preview video for Gringots and THAT I can hardly wait for - rumors are late June, just in time for every school aged child to flood HP.

I don't know anything about Harry Potter, except for Emma being a hottie, but I am really excited for the new stuff at Universal. Disney has really dropped the ball, and Universal was glad to pick it up.

Streetstrip00

photo-2152.gif

kucarachi

Don't want to sound (Grumpy) but after watching the previews of the full ride....it looks like it's not all that thrilling. I could be wrong..the queue looks like more fun than the actual ride though

Tonka's Skipper

The proof is in the continued posting on various sites. Most people are still very interested and following the opening of &DMT................and will be for a long time.

AKK

Padraig

Don't want to sound (Grumpy) but after watching the previews of the full ride....it looks like it's not all that thrilling. I could be wrong..the queue looks like more fun than the actual ride though

Just checked it out. Honestly it's a lot better than I was expecting. In terms of ride time anyway, I had a fear that'd be under 2 minutes from the track layout. It's very pretty and I've no problem with the intensity. It's just disappointing that it was cut down so much. The only thing that still sticks in my craw is the construction length. It was just irritating and (very small) part of why I didn't go to Orlando last year. I just didn't want to be taunted by that same construction site three years in a row.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom