Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

tcsnwhite

I'm surprised they mentioned adding Frozen music...as I've always been told that it's not easy to just add major segments to an already mounted parade or show. Perhaps the Frozen music will be cut into the first unit music, taking the place of Once Upon A Dream...maybe? I could possibly see that happening.
But adding a whole unit...as the parade is already mounted, synched, and whatnot...I've always been told that it's actually quite difficult.
Though, who knows, perhaps with Frozen being the first huge blockbuster for WDAS in a long while, they're willing to actually spend some money to do that.
I still doubt we'll get any big additions like a whole new unit.

tcsnwhite

Glad that Disney is taking note of fan and guest response to the unit. Wouldn't be surprised if more characters are to be added to the route in the coming weeks.

Even more so than just characters, I think smaller 'tweener' floats like the Pixie bikes or whirly bugs Steven has used in parades like Jubilation and Flights of Fantasy would be nice touches... or little push units.
I'm kind of surprised he didn't add in a few of those things, as he's been very clear how he likes performer-driven units (little drive units, puppetry, things that are peddled or powered by the performer themselves) to break up the monotonous nature of just dancers, float, dancers, float, etc...
I doubt it, again, but I can envision little things like this that would beautifully flesh out a few spots of the parade.

Cody5242

I don't get the Sleeping Beauty part. Sleeping Beauty was supposed to be sleeping, so who was going to fill the float with Tiana? Plus, Once Upon A
Dream is now in the opening loop, and to be honest, I like the dancing during that part. Maybe Frozen should move if they want music for that. I know the Castle float is hated on here, but can't Elsa do a number on the float to fit with Frozen? It can be white, look royal and still fit in the royal unit in the Christmastime parade.
Plus, I can't see cort dancers dancing to Let It Go. Maybe, For The First Time In Forever. I don't know if that's a popular song or not. I loved it but don't know if everyone else did.

I hope more fire fits the parade. Right now, it looks like the battle is going on when the theme song isn't playing.

As for brave, I think the Queen would look better with the dancers.

I also found it interesting that the announcer is from Enchanted Adventures.
For the First Time in Forever is my favorite song from the movie. I hope it's a popular one as well

jrh1985

I love FOF as it is! However, with all the tweaks talking, was MK ready to open FOF on Sunday? I'm just wondering if the tweaks were delayed because MK wanted a day parade back ASAP(which I don't blame them!). To be honest I was suprised(in a good way of course!)when Disney annouced 3/9 for FOF. No one on here thought the grand open would be that early. Wonder when FOF would have opened if CADCT played all the way to FOF.

cmoliver68

Just had a thought, when the parade or Dream Along with Mickey starts, does Princess Fairy Tale Hall close? :confused:
I didn't look at PFH after the parade on opening day, but Peter Pan was closed until after the parade. CM told guests that boats can't fly without pixie dust and Tinkerbell was busy in the parade. Based on that, I would assume PFH would have closed, or at least would have been missing Rapunzel and Cinderella.

jrh1985

For the First Time in Forever is my favorite song from the movie. I hope it's a popular one as well
I love Let It Go to but that's like Elsa's solo. It doesn't look royal to me. I'm worried what it will do to the dancers. If MK keeps Frozen in the garden, I'm hoping they'll use For The First Time In Forever.

Another thing, anyone know when we'll see the commercials/overnight footage? Has FOF made it to Must Do Disney yet? WDW 2009 and 2010 is still on Orlando's Visitor Network! The WDW Commercials are new though.

WDWDad13

Id like to think where they are now is temporary until they build a new float. Hopefully not recycled but honestly I could accept it if that means a whole float W/music for Frozen!

dare I say the OLD castle float we were so happy that is gone could be a frozen float? lol

aladdin2007

Let it Go should be added hands down in some form. Its the most recognizable, its even on hit radio stations whens the last time a disney song made it to the lite rock stations.

Anyway nice to read that they may tweak the audio a bit and what not.

This may be just me, but does anyone else here feel like the parade is running backwords in float order? It seems like it would be more uniform and cohesive with the festival of fantasy title and theme if the mickey float had been first followed by the other jubilation floats, and then the new ones. With maybe the princess float being the grand finale. Just a personal preference for me, but thats what I have noticed that seems to be bugging me. Anyone else?

Disney Analyst

I worked at MK this summer, and from people I know in the parks I have been told Ana and Elsa were added last minute until they can add a Frozen float. So I would expect a Frozen float in the future. I don't know how soon, but I believe one is in the works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom