Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

maleficent1997

I personally think the parade is amazing and it is a huge step-up from anything else at MK. My only improvement would be fleshing out the parade with different puppets, smaller floats, dancers and characters. For example maybe adding Queen Elinor in bear form as a large puppet into the brave float, and having the Alice in Wonderland characters in tea cups moving around the parade route. I think this would take the parade to a higher level.

tl77

It does seem strange but when you watch the film, Aurora has relatively little screen time compared to the "Supporting" cast. Most of the scenes involve the Fairies, Maleficent and Phillip. Even Kings Stefan and Hubert have more developed characters than her and this is coming from a "Sleeping Beauty" fan.
I think you might of missed the point that none of these floats are literal scenes from the movies, I'm pretty sure the Maleficent dragon isn't mechanical in the movie, and Meriwether doesn't wear purple... but as a fan of Sleeping Beauty don't you think she "should" be in the parade? I mean the majority of the parade is Princess floats anyway, and this float is followed by the 7 Dwarfs "and" Snow White, it seems like if you're going to have the 3 Fairies shouldn't Aurora be with them?

discos

Another thing that just struck me, it's already missing Aurora and Winnie the Pooh but to my sudden horror, it is also missing Wreck it Ralph :( which is quite possibly my favourite Disney movie.

All it would need is a small Sugar Rush car being driven by Vanellope with Ralph in the back with a dancer either side wearing candy or dressed as a Pac man ghosts.
Winnie the Pooh is all over the park. I don't think MK really needs more pooh. And IMO I don't think wreck it Ralph belongs in a fantasy themed parade.

I think we're going to see small little improvements over the next couple weeks. Things that probably would have been addressed in soft openings and previews.

The Duck

I think you might of missed the point that none of these floats are literal scenes from the movies, I'm pretty sure the Maleficent dragon isn't mechanical in the movie, and Meriwether doesn't wear purple... but as a fan of Sleeping Beauty don't you think she "should" be in the parade? I mean the majority of the parade is Princess floats anyway, and this float is followed by the 7 Dwarfs "and" Snow White, it seems like if you're going to have the 3 Fairies shouldn't Aurora be with them?
I didn't miss the point at all. I was just making an observation.

TTA94

Lets say any changes were to take place involving additions. Would we be talking soon (like summer) or way down the road?
As I posted earlier according to Steve they already plan to improve the sound system and add more fire to maleficent due to popularity.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Just read Inside the Magic's newest post from press day.

"Davison noted that “Alice in Wonderland” nearly became a main feature in the parade, but ultimately was cut in favor of better designs. Aurora was also at one time considered to be included in the “Sleeping Beauty” unit, fast asleep, but cut as well. And the “Frozen” characters that do appear in the parade were among the last to be added following the success of the film."

"Both Davison and Wiseman are excited to finally see their years of work come to life in the park, though there are already a few tweaks planned. The music will receive some changes to add melodies from “Frozen” and the massive Maleficent dragon will soon breath her fire more frequently to allow all guests to see that “wow” moment."

TTA94

"Davison noted that “Alice in Wonderland” nearly became a main feature in the parade, but ultimately was cut in favor of better designs. Aurora was also at one time considered to be included in the “Sleeping Beauty” unit, fast asleep, but cut as well. And the “Frozen” characters that do appear in the parade were among the last to be added following the success of the film."

"Both Davison and Wiseman are excited to finally see their years of work come to life in the park, though there are already a few tweaks planned. The music will receive some changes to add melodies from “Frozen” and the massive Maleficent dragon will soon breath her fire more frequently to allow all guests to see that “wow” moment."

See my earlier post.

WDWDad13

if they are already adding frozen music to the parade...with the success of that movie and the merchandise surely they could get a green light to spend more on 1 more amazing float (wishful thinking I know but what a missed opportunity here)

TTA94

if they are already adding frozen music to the parade...with the success of that movie and the merchandise surely they could get a green light to spend more on 1 more amazing float (wishful thinking I know but what a missed opportunity here)

Id like to think where they are now is temporary until they build a new float. Hopefully not recycled but honestly I could accept it if that means a whole float W/music for Frozen!

SpectroMan93

"Davison noted that “Alice in Wonderland” nearly became a main feature in the parade, but ultimately was cut in favor of better designs."
Shame, FOF would have really benefited from one more float and Alice in Wonderland is always a fun unit in any parade. Though as much as we want to see more, I don't see anything major being added to the parade anytime soon, given it just opened, but it's clearly a huge hit with guests as it is.

jrh1985

I don't get the Sleeping Beauty part. Sleeping Beauty was supposed to be sleeping, so who was going to fill the float with Tiana? Plus, Once Upon A
Dream is now in the opening loop, and to be honest, I like the dancing during that part. Maybe Frozen should move if they want music for that. I know the Castle float is hated on here, but can't Elsa do a number on the float to fit with Frozen? It can be white, look royal and still fit in the royal unit in the Christmastime parade.
Plus, I can't see cort dancers dancing to Let It Go. Maybe, For The First Time In Forever. I don't know if that's a popular song or not. I loved it but don't know if everyone else did.

I hope more fire fits the parade. Right now, it looks like the battle is going on when the theme song isn't playing.

As for brave, I think the Queen would look better with the dancers.

I also found it interesting that the announcer is from Enchanted Adventures.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom