Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

asianway

Was glad to see that too. DLR and DLRP moved to face fairies many many years ago, and it's much better than the bizarre rubber head versions WDW has used for so long.

The Segway effect is in use in DLRP's current parade. Not sure why it didn't make the cut here.
DLRP still uses the fur versions for meet n greet though, as infrequently as that happens. I'm curious
what WDW will do. The fur versions were in the hashtag thing

Jose

I LOVE THIS PHOTO
13066251313_2cf0e99b35_c.jpg

TTA94

I noticed on the Frontierland live feed yesterday there was no fire and wondered if I missed it. I wonder if they have no fire at certain parts of the parade route for safety reasons.

I'm guessing they can only do it at certain points because of the trees.

I am glad to hear nothing was broken and just turned off! I am axious though to see Peter Pan working correctly! Back I go tomorrow to check it out! :)

So are they indeed having audio issues? I'm confused because MSEP sounds really loud in frontierland and FOF does not? Maybe it's just me but it's hard to hear each floats loop and it's more a big mish mosh.

Like many have said I wish they would add more dancers and a small float or two like fish for mermaid similar to soundsationals crab. But those are changes I Don't see happening unfortunately.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't tell from any of the videos I have seen, but is the driver of the dragon in a costume appropriate to the unit? If he is, then I don't have a problem seeing him since it's not supposed to be a real dragon, it's a mechanical dragon and thus could have a driver.

disney4life2008

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW did I say WOW!!! I actually teared up and got goosebumps. This parade looks absolutely amazing. I am normally not a daytime parade person but WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. It is colorful and WOW WOW WOW, lol. Now they just need to bring spectromagic back, lol

tl77

Not really. It's a stylized interpretation of Phillip's escape from Maleficent's castle, and the fairies were there for that.
I get what it's supposed to be, but actually watching it the 3 fairies don't have much to do choreography wise, adding Aurora in there would give them another element to play off of

tl77

Like pushing a bed down Main Street with Aurora sleeping in it? That's what came to mind lol
uhhhh? noooo.... none of the floats are literal scenes from the films, it's in fact the opposite, Merida never rides a giant bag pipe in Brave, Pinocchio never rides on Monstro the whale and neither does Dumbo. But I think it's a little strange that they have all these major characters from Sleeping Beauty... except Sleeping Beauty

Last edited:

etwtec

Or add a few more characters. Have Prince Eric and Max around the Little Mermaid float, f'rinstance.

Peter Pan has Tick Tock which helps but the rest are lacking. They need more performers, characters, small floats.

Don't get me wrong im not bashing this parade. It is amazing! and leaps and bounds over CADCT! It only needs little additions to make it even better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom