Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

mm52200

One of the things that I really like about the new parade is the choreography, it's much harder than anything they've done in any other parade I can think of. I'm a musical theatre student actually and attended a character/parade performer audition for Disney held in Charlotte, NC yesterday and was fortunate enough to make it to the last round and they were teaching us choreography from the new parade. After learning it and trying to do it, I have much respect for the performers doing it down the whole route. It is super hard, but hopefully it won't be cut down any since they are already actively auditioning people for it.

SpectroMan93

I actually prefer the fairies on their feet...rather than the segway-like rovers. I know, I know... but the more I watch footage of them on those, they're just kind of slow and lifeless...but they had much more dynamic movement on their feet doing actual choreography. But I prefer more dancing/choreography in parades, so that's just me...

Ps. I love the choreography that Jiminy Cricket and the bubble girls do, and then the rest of the characters join in together.
I actually feel the same about the fairies, but I like that we have the segway-system in the parade. Plus, it's a really cool effect that most people will have not seen before. And yes, yes, and yes, the choreography in the finale unit is my favorite. It's fun and upbeat, and they really look like they're enjoying themselves. Along with Tangled and Peter Pan, the Maleficent and Pinocchio/Dumbo units really hit it out of the park. Hoping someone videotaped the Tuesday parade so we can see it with everything working.

BrightImagine

One of the things that I really like about the new parade is the choreography, it's much harder than anything they've done in any other parade I can think of. I'm a musical theatre student actually and attended a character/parade performer audition for Disney held in Charlotte, NC yesterday and was fortunate enough to make it to the last round and they were teaching us choreography from the new parade. After learning it and trying to do it, I have much respect for the performers doing it down the whole route. It is super hard, but hopefully it won't be cut down any since they are already actively auditioning people for it.
The intricate hand motion is one of my favorite things about this parade. And even the seated characters like Ariel and Tink look the hardest of all! Ariel must burn 1000 calories a parade!

Jose

So.. apart of the additions that have been told (queen, fire..)... no more dancers in the ariel float? no teacups with alice characters? also, the queen will be in bear form?

SpectroMan93

Queen Elinor could totally join in with those dancers but occasionally scold them when they get too rowdy. it'd be delightful.
That really does sound delightful. It will be a lot of fun to see her interact with everyone, scolding the dancers and Merida, while Merida makes funny faces back at her. Would up the level of interactivity that this unit needs.
So.. apart of the additions that have been told (queen, fire..)... no more dancers in the ariel float? no teacups with alice characters? also, the queen will be in bear form?
Looks like Tweedle Dee & Dum were cut altogether. The finale is pretty jam packed as it is, so I don't think it's really needed. More dancers with the Ariel float was just a hopeful thought thrown around here. Queen Elinor, if she appears, will definitely be in human form. Too last minute to produce a bear puppet and rehearse it with the parade, in my opinion.

WDWLover#1

Probably one of the best videos, I am glad to see the anchor in the Peter Pan float swinging, although it seems a little too mechanical!! The fairies seem to have their Segway too! :joyfull: However, the Princess Garden Float seemed to be having some issues, where the princesses weren't turning around!

Overall I highly enjoy the parade, is it perfect, no, but it's enjoyable and refreshing.

I wouldn't mind some smaller supporting floats and walking characters: Small fish and tapestry and kites surrounding the Ariel float; A boat for Mr. Smee, and the Pixie Hollow Fairies walking around; a puppet of Queen Elenor in her bear form and tapestry of the four tribes surrounding the Brave float; and spinning teacups with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum before the Pinnochio/Dumbo float (and walking Gepetto to accompany Jimminy Cricket). :geek::p
Oh wishful thinking.
This was filmed on media day which is why the princesses weren't turning-so the media could get better pics

DonaldDoleWhip

Absolutely fantastic parade.

No fire today. Was the firebreathing dragon a one time only just for the media cameras?
Where were you watching the parade?

I was watching in Frontierland 2 days ago and didn't see any fire. Then people posted videos/pics from Main Street and the fire was working. It's been theorized that they don't run the fire effect in certain areas.

PhotoDave219

Where were you watching the parade?

I was watching in Frontierland 2 days ago and didn't see any fire. Then people posted videos/pics from Main Street and the fire was working. It's been theorized that they don't run the fire effect in certain areas.

I was in Townsquare… I did not see it breathe fire around the hub through the end of the parade.

jrh1985

You realize, given this company's track record… I'm just not buying the guest safety excuse. Theyve use that excuse for everything for 10 years now. I just don't believe it anymore.
Considering Steve wants more fire, I'm not worried about it. TDS doesn't do pyro in Mycitha and F! if it's too windy. The only thing I'm left to wonder is what rain will do to FOF? Different costumes ? Poncos?

Jose

Ok, I've watched the parade over and over and I can say Soundsational is better, is true that Fof is a great parade, but I prefer the one at CA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom