If You Go Down To The Parks Today..Your In For A Big Surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv

Whoa what?
The OP, who is now holding himself up as a Shining Star of Good Behavior, lol, posted about how a teen girl had such a cute butt that he couldn't resist himself, so he waited for the lights to go out in the HM stretching room and grabbed her. When the lights came back up, she turned around and saw a little boy directly behind her and thought he did it. After all, if she didn't want to be assaulted, she shouldn't have had such a cute butt.

After it was pointed out what a despicable thing that is to do, our OP said the whole story was just a joke. We never did get an explanation of how the story was funny.

Perhaps he'd like to explain the "funny" part now.

Or maybe he's too upset about Disney criticism.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Whoa what?

Our "friendly" neighborhood Hatter once told a story of the lights going out in the stretching room and he reached out and grabbed a 16 year old girls behind. Then effectively blamed it on his then 6 year old son. They all had quite a laugh about it.

jw24

On a personal level, I'm not the type of person who gets so riled up about the certain rides, areas or attractions not having the little details. Then again, I don't have the luxury of getting to go every year so obviously, the people that do are more quick to spot them more than me. Anyway, I posted one of my thoughts on an earlier thread about fandom:

"Seems like every week, the topic of questioning fandom is always being brought up.

I think ultimately, a good majority of us love WDW in most aspects. But there are some aspects they don't like and wish that they were addressed and/or improved. And when action is not being taken to address the ongoing problems, we get frustrated, unhappy and we vent in numerous ways. (Comparing Disney to other theme parks, bringing up the prosperous past of what it once was, cut spending WDW vacation money and go elsewhere, etc.) But I do think ultimately, we all want a better park and a better vacation spot because it's our money that we are spending at Disney and there's a need to feel justified and satisfied for spending it."

Additionally, I've got to say, at least from my point of view, there is a difference between legit, valid and necessary criticism and well, nitpicking. Where to draw the line between valid criticism and nitpicking is tough and everyone's "line" is different. The problem is, sometimes the way we express our posts can sometimes rub people the wrong way. I mean, what you post you would consider to be valid, legit criticism but others may perceive it as nitpicking and some may even consider you a snob and/or hater because of that. (The converse can also be true.) It's important to indicate what you are saying in your opinions but also equally important to clearly indicate how are you are saying your opinions. If you're not 100% clear on your posts, your opinion can be easily misinterpreted, things can get heated and well, get personal. We all know how powerful cyberbullying can be and no one wants to be called out for not being a "true fan" or being slung insults after insults for no good reason. Discussion matters should not get to a point where it becomes an all-out flame war. I'm actually scared that it'll come to that point sooner than I think! (Maybe it already has on some parts on this forum that I'm unaware of! :eek:)

Anyway, that's just how I see it. Nothing more I can really say.

lazyboy97o

What I do know is that my words won't convince you to like Disney again. You've made up your mind that it doesn't meet your expectations. But please remember that you are the minority. There are so many people that genuinely love Disney, and who believe deep down that the Magic Kingdom is the most magical place on earth. Please stop trying to ruin that for them. Just let them believe.
You're whole post is one big contradiction. If you're unable to ignore people (even with the handy Ignore feature) that they're disagreement negatively colors your thoughts, you have far bigger problems than Disney being ruined for you. And if this minority, that you seem to suggest should just shut up, isn't saying something of the truth, then why is it a bother? If it isn't true then why does it seem to resonate and cause discomfort? Unless one is using Walt Disney World as a drug to cope with other, bigger issues(a very real and sad occurrence), these minority discussions should be of no concern.

hellowonderland

But I do think ultimately, we all want a better park and a better vacation spot because it's our money that we are spending at Disney and there's a need to feel justified and satisfied for spending it."

That's exactly it.

To me, it's not about taking the magic away from any one here, it's just about wanting a better experience and expressing that wish. From what I've read about him, Walt was quite the hard and was dedicated to constant improvement and innovation (and of course, to making money), so I just can't imagine he would be content with the current state of the Florida parks.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
If your implication is that I like Nemo, you're right. I do.

If you are referencing the fact that I dislike old men who think its cute when they physically assault teen girls, I still find that very offensive, too.

Even if Nemo wasn't one of the people you dislike so much that you had to start a thread to complain about them and even if you weren't an old man who assaulted a teen girl and posted about how you couldnt help it, the thread would remain hypocritical.
Your a plonker...That was a joke...Just like yourself...A joke....Have a good life...In fact...Get a life...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That's exactly it.

To me, it's not about taking the magic away from any one here, it's just about wanting a better experience and expressing that wish. From what I've read about him, Walt was quite the hard and was dedicated to constant improvement and innovation (and of course, to making money), so I just can't imagine he would be content with the current state of the Florida parks.
This is a fair commentary indeed.

And the last time I checked, we were on a discussion forum. Not many absolute rights or wrongs when it comes to opinions, regardless of how they may be portrayed....

real mad hatter

Original Poster
I had forgotten about this. Glad you didn't. The harmless annoyance these threads cause is nothing compared to the feelings generated by that little anecdote once shared on here.
Another Donkey....Yes...your on my old naughty list...Sad person that you are...If you don't know a joke when you read one...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
The OP, who is now holding himself up as a Shining Star of Good Behavior, lol, posted about how a teen girl had such a cute butt that he couldn't resist himself, so he waited for the lights to go out in the HM stretching room and grabbed her. When the lights came back up, she turned around and saw a little boy directly behind her and thought he did it. After all, if she didn't want to be assaulted, she shouldn't have had such a cute butt.

After it was pointed out what a despicable thing that is to do, our OP said the whole story was just a joke. We never did get an explanation of how the story was funny.

Perhaps he'd like to explain the "funny" part now.

Or maybe he's too upset about Disney criticism.
Your one weird person...

luv

Your a plonker...That was a joke...Just like yourself...A joke....Have a good life...In fact...Get a life...
You're. "You're a plonker."

Not "Your."

You will please explain the humor in that story. Why was it funny? Especially the part about waiting until it was dark.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you've never explained why you thought the story was humorous.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Our "friendly" neighborhood Hatter once told a story of the lights going out in the stretching room and he reached out and grabbed a 16 year old girls behind. Then effectively blamed it on his then 6 year old son. They all had quite a laugh about it.
I give up...Bye..Bye...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
You're. "You're a plonker."

Not "Your."

You will please explain the humor in that story. Why was it funny? Especially the part about waiting until it was dark.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you've never explained why you thought the story was humorous.
Sorry...But I now find this conversation boring..

draybook

I agree that Disney set its own bar. Disneyland is supposed to be "The Happiest Place on Earth." The Magic Kingdom is supposed to be "The Most Magical Place on Earth." And, in his dedication of Disneyland, Walt Disney said "to all those who come to this happy place..." None of those said it would be the best bang for your buck; that all the rides would work flawlessly all the time; that every day would be perfection. And, it shouldn't take perfection from Disney to make you happy. It shouldn't take perfection from Disney to make it the most magical. It is absolutely the most magical and/or happiest place on earth for thousands of people every day. And, I'm willing to bet you can't name one place that is more magical that the Magic Kingdom??? If you can, then these boards aren't for you.

Walt wanted it to be a happy place. The nay-sayers on this board have started to ruin Walt's dream for me and others on here. I know you will say that "Disney ruined it." But, Disney didn't ruin it for me. They may have let you down somehow. But, never forget that with the thousands of people entering those gates every day and leaving having experienced some of the greatest days of their lives, you are absolutely the minority on that position.

Now, that's not to say the minority doesn't have a voice. It does. And maybe you believe that the squeaky wheel gets the oil, and you're hoping for some change? I don't know. I don't know what the purpose is of all the negativity, other than I assume you're trying to convince others to be negative too? As the saying goes: Misery loves company.

What I do know is that my words won't convince you to like Disney again. You've made up your mind that it doesn't meet your expectations. But please remember that you are the minority. There are so many people that genuinely love Disney, and who believe deep down that the Magic Kingdom is the most magical place on earth. Please stop trying to ruin that for them. Just let them believe.

Sorry, but the only ones that are ruining Walts dream for you is TDO. It's simply the people here pointing it out to you on here instead of filling your head with gee golly isn't it perfect One Republic filled commercials where life is swell at the MK and there's nothing wrong.

And again, I love the parks themselves and the feeling I get when I'm on property. It's the management and dissection of quality attractions in favor of crappy technology that they want to use to encourage you to plan out your whole vacation.

And these boards are for me and whomever else enjoys Disney.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Another Donkey....Yes...your on my old naughty list...Sad person that you are...If you don't know a joke when you read one...

oh. Sexually harassing a teen girl is a joke. Playing pretty fast and loose with the word joke.

Also, I don't think it was a "joke". It was only a joke after you got called out on how unbelievably creepy and awful it was to do that.

KCheatle

You're whole post is one big contradiction. If you're unable to ignore people (even with the handy Ignore feature) that they're disagreement negatively colors your thoughts, you have far bigger problems than Disney being ruined for you. And if this minority, that you seem to suggest should just shut up, isn't saying something of the truth, then why is it a bother? If it isn't true then why does it seem to resonate and cause discomfort? Unless one is using Walt Disney World as a drug to cope with other, bigger issues(a very real and sad occurrence), these minority discussions should be of no concern.

I'm inclined to disagree that my post is a contradiction. I think it's stating the obvious. I was unaware of an "ignore" button. But, now, I will use it. And, it is true that the negativity colors my perception. I was completely unaware of any problems with rides until this board. And, I didn't come here to learn about ride-problems. I came to talk about my favorite place and all of the things that make it my favorite place. Instead, I'm bombarded by criticism after criticism - reminder after reminder that my favorite place isn't all that great after all. And, it's sad, because I know the majority of people on this board came to it because of their LOVE for Disney, not to hear critics.

I don't question the truth of the nay-sayers. Having just returned 8 weeks ago, I saw a lot of things that I didn't before because of the criticism on here. And, I was perfectly content not seeing it before. I have no desire to "evaluate" or "grade" Disney. I just want to enjoy it. But some of my enjoyment was stripped away.

And, you'd better mind yourself in criticizing those who use Disney as an escape. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of people who travel to Disney use it as an escape from the real world. I'm happy to admit that I'm one of them. My real-world is stressful and I love using Disney to escape. I don't think that means I've got "bigger issues." I think you're on the brink of taking a perfectly acceptable debate and making it personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom