DHS CARS LAND

The Empress Lilly

I don't mind seeing a MILF in TL ;)
The CoP one cooks and cleans too!!

ShermanWindow2-031210-AVP.jpg

RSoxNo1

And if that's what it cost, it was worth every penny, and more.

Just look what it did for DCA, after they'd already spent 750 Million on other projects and rides and shows fixing the park up over the last four years. RSR pushed it all over the edge, and it now has everyone west of the Rockies (and a few Midwesterners and East Coasters) talking about it and planning their next trip to Disneyland.

350 Million? Worth every penny.
Don't you think the coolness is worn off a bit when it opens 5 years after it's predecessor?

RSoxNo1

DHS has moved away from having the rides and attractions set up like "sets". That is no longer the direction of the park (see the most recent Star Wars refurb, all ties to being behind the scenes of a set were removed). Also, Cars never had a set since it was animated. I am not saying this won't happen, i'd just be shocked if that was the chosen direction.
Except for the facade which still has a half completed AT-AT walker

Lee

Adventurer
I hope Baxter is still working at his craft at Baxter Manor. Maybe when the three stooges leave, he can come back and do something amazing.
Depends on which three stooges you mean.
Iger, Staggs and Rasulo didn't fi...er...let him step down. That was Vaughn and his bunch.

Sure, Iger and Co. could have stopped it, but instead just gave a collective shrug.

Tony won't ever be back at Disney in anything more than a "consulting" basis. And that's only if Vaughn is in a generous mood.

lebeau

As @jt04 said earlier, screamscape uploaded a few new rumors today for WDW and one of them was on a Carsland version coming to DHS in 2018 (with an expected construction timeframe of 24 months). In essence, it's basically the same thing OTPN rumored about only more detailed:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm#CarsLand
Just reporting on what I saw in the WDW rumor internet community. At this rate, I'll believe it (version of Carsland coming to DHS) when I hear it/see it.

Trying to remember the last time Screamscape was right about anything...

Trying real hard.

Got nothing.

ToTBellHop

Trying to remember the last time Screamscape was right about anything...

Trying real hard.

Got nothing.
That's not fair. They've been correct about a lot, including most of the rumors also posted on this site. They just cast a wider net for rumors than this site, which is why you get left-field rumors along with the legit ones. That said, the rumor of no RSR seems very left-field.

lebeau

That's not fair. They've been correct about a lot, including most of the rumors also posted on this site. They just cast a wider net for rumors than this site, which is why you get left-field rumors along with the legit ones. That said, the rumor of no RSR seems very left-field.

I wasn't making a joke. I literally can't think of a rumor they got right other than when they have gone back at retoractively adjusted their posts to match what was posted here. If you know of a time when they got something right outside of rumors that were lifted from this site, let me know. I'd love to be able to give them even the slightest bit of credit. Because right now, I couldn't have less respect for their accuracy.

lebeau

I take screamscape as an aggregator of other sites, to me, Screamscape never has to get any rumor right, he just points us in the direction to dig deeper.

That's valid. Problem is, 99.9% of what he is aggregating is BS. If you value having someone round up all the BS in one place, Screamscape is great. If you just want the real scoop, you'll find that here.

baymenxpac

eh, it's pretty fair. the "wider net" they cast is pretty much just aggregating stuff they hear from insiders on boards like these, then maybe tacking on a blue sky assumption to make it "proprietary."

I take screamscape as an aggregator of other sites, to me, Screamscape never has to get any rumor right, he just points us in the direction to dig deeper.

and as i say that, yes. this. 100 times this.

ToTBellHop

That's valid. Problem is, 99.9% of what he is aggregating is BS. If you value having someone round up all the BS in ove place, Screamscape is great. If you just want the real scoop, you'll find that here.
That is certainly accurate. I always wait for something to appear here before really accepting it.

Thrill Seeker

I doubt the rumor of a new E-Ticket that isn't RSR. Test Track uses the same ride system, but RSR won't draw away from Test Track because of that. Does Mermaid draw away from Mansion? They have the same ride system in the same park!

When people think of Cars Land, RSR is usually thought of first. Not bringing the signature attraction with the land would be a huge mistake.

wdwfan4ver

Says you?
I can tell you that Tikiman is a great source for info on Disney's Polynesian Resort and has website on Polynesian. He is the person that first mentioned about DVC for the Polynesian matter of fact.

It is possible that Tikiman might know something what is being planned at DHS as a result.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom